Kids fly free

Cindarelly

Earning My Ears
HOLY SMOKES! I had no idea just how good a deal "Kids fly free" on Alaska was!!!
We just got back from our first trip to Disney the end of April and had such an amazing time for such a good price.
We've decided to go again in early Nov (8-12).
It will be almost $1000 more!!! for 3 days less than what we did in April! Of course there's a couple different factors, the kids aren't getting in free to Disney, we're staying at the DLH instead of offsite, but STILL!!
I am so cheap this is going to be hard for me to swallow. (and just wait until I tell DH!)

Have you checked Southwest? They sometimes have better rates than Delta or Alaska.

If this is makes you feel better--we are flying out of Tri-Cities in June and the absolutely best rate we could get was $352 per seat. (My DH says if we have to drive to Sea Tac or Portland for a cheap ticket we can't afford to go--off course, he is right, but the cost kills me!)

I can fly my family of 5 in and out of LAX or Ontario (preferred) from Salt Lake City for just over $700 total on Southwest. Download their Ding! program and watch for airfare deals. They almost always have deals (usually a month or two before your actual travel dates) on the program. I think you can get deals at to/from every airport with the exception of one back east somehwere (New York maybe?), and Orange County Airport (aka John Wayne, aka SNA). It kind of sucks because Orange County is my favorite and the closest to Disneyland, but it's not worth the extra $300+ to go there over Ontario!

Airfare has just gone up so much since last year. We purchased our tickets for last Oct in April and paid $636 for 4 roundtrips on United form Seattle to LAX. Those same tickets for this Oct is $1314.44. Needless to say we'll be driving down this August. rip. We just stayed at the DLH for the 1st time in March 30-April 3. Our kids loved the Neverland Pool. I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

Well, I live in the Portland area...and the $352 is about right. Fortunately we booked before the prices started soaring. One thing we are doing that is saving us is flying in to orange county and out of san diego (we spend the last couple of days there). That got our price down to $305 a person with direct/nonstop flights on Alaska. It could have been about $15 less from LAX, but we all agreed that it was worth that to be out of the extra traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter