Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like them too. I just wish they were in my size. SIIINNCCCEE I have an in there..:rolleyes1 I suggested to her to get bigger sizes. :lmao: Her response.."they are for young people, not old ppl" HMMPPFF..:rolleyes: My counter back to her...there are fat young ppl too you know....:rotfl: I am very proud of her. At least she wont ask me to kick in for her phone bill anymore since she makes more then us...:rotfl2:

I would love to make something with that little doll with the guitar for the munchkin. Oh I suggested the kids clothes too, just leave off the "hooker" part...:rotfl:

Did I miss something? I didn't see a link to a site, could someone post it or send it to me?

They are called rhinestuds. I got it off Ebay. I can PM you the seller if you like :)

Hmmm, I am not understand what all happened on this thread today. I am feeling a little upset about it. I am pretty sure I am the only person that has posted pictures of my DS with Down Syndrome. I didn't see it as a big deal :confused3 I think he looks quite cute, after all he is in Disney clothes.... I am never looking for a comments on either of my kids, I am simply enjoying everyones work and sharing my own (made and bought). :rolleyes:

I'm sorry it upset you. Your ds is just adorable with or without Disney clothes. We were talking about a certain picture listed to sell an outfit on Ebay that was gross. We weren't trying to make fun of the little girl in the picture. I'm not sure why the comparison was made to children with disabilities. :grouphug:

OK MY 2 CENTS (or a whole dollars worth..lol)
It is all in the marketing. You sell something that is in a store that has cobwebs and dirt everywhere and another person sells the same thing in a beautifully pristine condition store (same quality and price)....which are you going to buy from?

I dont think one person that commented on that Ebay seller had anything bad to say about the outfits she makes (tho I still think she is a bit overpriced compared to others with the same type stuff...JMO) I actually liked her stuff. No one made fun of the child (or any disabled child-that had me confused too:confused3 ) I think most of us felt bad for the little girl because she had a pic up that didnt look as tho the child was happy or clean. Not a good way to portray your product as from a clean neat store. The marketing/ advertising thing.

Yes I went looking for it, mainly because I didnt believe that someone would post a pic like that for the whole world to see on a site that a person is trying to market one of their products on. :sad2: Like I said I had a fit when Paw-Paw sent some pics of my DD around to people I dont know that had a shirt with stains on it and food on her face. He got heck for that. I dont want anyone thinking that I dont know how to take care of my child. PPL LOVE DRAMA, it is the nature of the human beast. Look at how many cars slow down passing an accident...;) PLUS this is the DIS....how long did you think the thread was going to go before we had to break out the popcornpopcorn:: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Now that you have heard my say(do I owe you change?..lol) I really really really need to get off the net and actually work on some of the many outfits for our trip.

Did I miss something? I didn't see a link to a site, could someone post it or send it to me?

I was telling Luzy (i think...sorry if I got it wrong..bad with names)about a company that my DD works for that sells pink and black clothes since she likes those colors. I will PM you with it (i never posted a link, just mentioned the name and she looked it up herself;) )

Mickeyfan, youre son is adorable!:goodvibes I really dont understand the comments made about disabilities and I agree with Tink561 and others on that. :hug: I have truly enjoyed lurking and watching the shoes and outfits that you have shown here. ;)

I agree!!! During our WDW trip last month apart from a bunch of custom t-shirts, other than my 2 kids I did not see any kid wearing a custom boutique outfit the whole 5 days we were in the parks!

We are going again in September...hoping I see lots then! I just have to plan my trip around when the other people on this thread are going!

I think it is so funny that this thread is moving so fast. To read here you would think that every kid who goes to Disney has a closet full of custom Disney clothes! I was in Disneyland last week and I did not see one single custom/homemade outfit in the entire 5 days I spent at the parks! I see them at Disneyworld from time to time, but not once in Disneyland. I was really surprised. I was hoping that I would see something that had been posted here so I could ask the mom about it.

They are called rhinestuds. I got it off Ebay. I can PM you the seller if you like :)

Hmmm, I am not understand what all happened on this thread today. I am feeling a little upset about it. I am pretty sure I am the only person that has posted pictures of my DS with Down Syndrome. I didn't see it as a big deal :confused3 I think he looks quite cute, after all he is in Disney clothes.... I am never looking for a comments on either of my kids, I am simply enjoying everyones work and sharing my own (made and bought). :rolleyes:

I don't quite understand the comparison that was being made with the girl with the EXTREMELY snotty face (there is a close up shot of the child's face, with snot was running into her mouth, and she was licking it off) and disabled children. Your son is ADORABLE!!!! and your daughter too, and you and your husband! I have always thought you had the cutest family when I see your signature (even before you posted here on this thread).

Both of your kids are cute as can be!!

:grouphug: Your son is adorable, whether he is wearing Disney clothes or not! I have no clue why children with disabilities were mentioned at all, but please know that I for one do not want you to feel hurt or upset. I don't know you personally, but I think that some inappropriate comments were made...but they do not reflect the opinion of everyone on the board!

Dena

Okay, I've made a simple halter style Nemo dress, finally finished the capris for the minnie outfit, now I want something with Little Einsteins. Has anyone seen anything for the Little Einsteins? My daughter looks a lot like Annie. For halloween last year, she just wore a denim jumper with a green short sleeves, pink converse tennies and I braided her hair with pink bows as Annie. Hardly anyone knew who she was.:mad: I was originally just going to let her wear that outfit to the Play and Dine at Hollywood Vine. Hopefully more people would notice at the park!

I tried posting a pic, but it was too big, and I have no clue how to compress it.:confused3

OK MY 2 CENTS (or a whole dollars worth..lol)
It is all in the marketing. You sell something that is in a store that has cobwebs and dirt everywhere and another person sells the same thing in a beautifully pristine condition store (same quality and price)....which are you going to buy from?

I dont think one person that commented on that Ebay seller had anything bad to say about the outfits she makes (tho I still think she is a bit overpriced compared to others with the same type stuff...JMO) I actually liked her stuff. No one made fun of the child (or any disabled child-that had me confused too:confused3 ) I think most of us felt bad for the little girl because she had a pic up that didnt look as tho the child was happy or clean. Not a good way to portray your product as from a clean neat store. The marketing/ advertising thing.

Yes I went looking for it, mainly because I didnt believe that someone would post a pic like that for the whole world to see on a site that a person is trying to market one of their products on. :sad2: Like I said I had a fit when Paw-Paw sent some pics of my DD around to people I dont know that had a shirt with stains on it and food on her face. He got heck for that. I dont want anyone thinking that I dont know how to take care of my child. PPL LOVE DRAMA, it is the nature of the human beast. Look at how many cars slow down passing an accident...;) PLUS this is the DIS....how long did you think the thread was going to go before we had to break out the popcornpopcorn:: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Now that you have heard my say(do I owe you change?..lol) I really really really need to get off the net and actually work on some of the many outfits for our trip.

Very well said. I was not trying to make fun of the little girl. I actually thought (and said) that she looked like my Lydia, snot and all. My husband thought it WAS Lydia! I was just suprised that someone posted it to sell an item. I sort of thought it might be a marketing strategy in itself, just to get people talking. I certainly did not go looking for something icky to post about. Lydia loves Ariel, and I was looking at the dress, then was suprised at the last few pictures. I don't like being the "one person" who ruined this thread for you guys.

I am going to try REALLY hard not to take this too personally. I know you guys don't really know me, but I am a nice person (most of the time) and I love kids. I do stupid things sometimes, and don't think about how other people will take what I say, and I apologize for having offended so many of you. No more scary guys or snotty kids from me for awhile!

I was telling Luzy (i think...sorry if I got it wrong..bad with names)about a company that my DD works for that sells pink and black clothes since she likes those colors. I will PM you with it (i never posted a link, just mentioned the name and she looked it up herself;) )

Thanks for the link! (in PM) I am going to have to read why it's called that though!

For those of you who applique, how do you do eyes? I want to try Hello Kitty but I don't know how I would do the eyes and nose. Please help!!!!!

I agree!!! During our WDW trip last month apart from a bunch of custom t-shirts, apart from my 2 kids I did not see any kid wearing a custom boutique outfit the whole 5 days we were in the parks!

We are going again in September...hoping I see lots then! I just have to plan my trip around when the other people on this thread are going!

At Animal Kingdom in May, I saw one little girl in a custom outfit. That was before I found this thread though! I haven't seen the outfit on here yet though!

First of all, MickeyFan, I legitimately think that there has been a big misunderstanding here. I think it is fair to say that the unanimous feeling is that your family, and in particular your son (Disney-clan or not) are simply adorable!:) Plus, I love hearing from you and sincerely hope that you keep with us!

For that matter, I hope everyone stays with us. Why don't we all agree to give each other the benefit of the doubt and move on. :thumbsup2

As OP of this thread may I please ask that we move on and get back to doing what we do best - talking about our kids Disney clothes!!!:yay:

Here are a couple pictures of my DS in his Disney gear, the shorts in the first pic have mickey heads on the sides (they were a little tight).
aDSCF6652aa.jpg

aDSCF6408aa.jpg

And a pic of my DD in one of her outfits. The shirt and skirt are from two different sellers. I bought all the Disney gear off Ebay except for the family shirts posted pages ago ;)
aDSCF6407aa.jpg

I think the "family pic" from that ebay search is just weird! Maybe they are hoping to get noticed??? :goodvibes jen

Your kids are so beautiful and I LOVE these outfits. Sometimes boutique clothes can get a little over the top for my tastes - but these tees and the skirt are so adorable. These are my fav boys items yet I think!!

I agree!!! During our WDW trip last month apart from a bunch of custom t-shirts, apart from my 2 kids I did not see any kid wearing a custom boutique outfit the whole 5 days we were in the parks!

We'll be there September 11 - 16 and I plan to have at least 1 custom outfit for each day for my dd.

I LOVE looking at everyone's outfits on here. You are all so very talented. I'm gonna need lots of "pixie dust" to get as talented as all of you! Hahaha :rotfl2: :lmao:

Those of you who do applique, maybe you can help me out. HOW DO YOU DO IT? Hahahaha.....do you just use a zig zag stitch? How do you do the small pieces? Do you sew the individual pieces right onto the outfit or do you have to use some sort of, what is it called, stabalizer or webbing or ???? :confused3

Sorry if this sounds like a crazy question but I know I need help! I have all these ideas running through my head now but just don't know how to start them. The first thing I want to work on is a large applique of Piglet for a tank top for my little one. I have this adorable little pink skirt that I bought for her at TCP and I thought maybe a pink Piglet appliqued on a shirt would be cute for our very 1st dinner at the Crystal Palace. Have any of you done an applique of Piglet that you could share your pictures of or have any idea how to make one? Or have any of you made a custom outfit centered around Winnie the Pooh, Piglet or the rest of the gang from the Hundred Acre Woods??

Sorry for the long post..... :love:

Okay, I've made a simple halter style Nemo dress, finally finished the capris for the minnie outfit, now I want something with Little Einsteins. Has anyone seen anything for the Little Einsteins? My daughter looks a lot like Annie. For halloween last year, she just wore a denim jumper with a green short sleeves, pink converse tennies and I braided her hair with pink bows as Annie. Hardly anyone knew who she was.:mad: I was originally just going to let her wear that outfit to the Play and Dine at Hollywood Vine. Hopefully more people would notice at the park!

I tried posting a pic, but it was too big, and I have no clue how to compress it.:confused3

OOOO...you just gave me an idea for an outfit for out nite at DTD. I found a pair of pant (too short but they would make great capris) for 25 cents at goodwill with the cutest little daisy on the back pocket. Perfect for Daisy Duck. I just couldnt figure out what to do for a top. A simple halter top would be great. THANKS....yet another project. :rotfl:

no more scary guys or snotty kids from me for awhile!

Thanks for the link! (in PM) I am going to have to read why it's called that though!

OH YOU HAD to go and mention the scary guy...now I am gonna have nitemares. Thanks a lot.:lmao:
You are welcome for both things. Gotta love the name Sugar Hooker. Definately one you remember. :lmao: I have a weird DD what can I say?:rotfl2:

I agree!!! During our WDW trip last month apart from a bunch of custom t-shirts, other than my 2 kids I did not see any kid wearing a custom boutique outfit the whole 5 days we were in the parks!

We are going to Disney World in September. We will be there the week of 9/8-9/15. I am hoping DD will have many boutique items to wear. Boutique Disney for this trip has become my new obsession. Which has put my obsessions for smocking, gymboree and non disney boutique on the back burner. My poor husband, if he only knew what he was getting into ;)

Lacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter