Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy all of my bow supplies online. I really like Ribbonsandbowsohmy.com
You can get both type of clips there. Shipping is very cheap, too.

Too Cute!! But I have a completely lame sewing question... How did you sew the ribbon and the ruffles onto the jeans? Did you open the seams up at the bottom? Please Help!!! The outfit looks so great!!!

I kind of made it up as I went.................
I made the ruffle first, hemming the bottom edge of the fabric and machine finishing the other raw edge, so it wouldn't fray. Then I ran the gathering stitch that others talked about on here. Oh, and I sewed the sides of the fabric together so it was like a tube or a cuff.
Gathered the fabric. I cut off about four inches from the bottom of the jeans.
I then fit the gathered fabric to the jean and sewed it on.
Then I placed the grosgrain ribbon over the top of the fabric, where it met the jeans, and stitched both edges of the ribbon (top and bottom) with a straight stitch. I used two strips of the grosgrain.

It was super simple, and I hope I explained it clearly.
I made sure to finish all edges so fabric and denim wouldn't fray.
And for the shirt, I sewed on the ribbon the same way. With the bows, again I made it up as I went, so it made sense to me. I put fraycheck on the ends of the ribbons for the bow so they won't unravel.

I saw my friend yesterday and she said her daughter wouldn't take the outfit off to go to bed, she insisted on sleeping in it!

Chim Chiminey - Just wanted to say I think your Dora outfit is adorable. You must have felt so thrilled at the little girl's reaction. Thanks for sharing the pics.

I make my own hairbows! With 4 DD's I spent TONS of money on hair accessories! I bought the instructions off of ebay last year. It's so cheap to make your own.
Here are our "Disney" bows
DSC_000416.jpg

Where did you find instructions to make the hairbows? I have not seen them to buy!

I kind of made it up as I went.................
I made the ruffle first, hemming the bottom edge of the fabric and machine finishing the other raw edge, so it wouldn't fray. Then I ran the gathering stitch that others talked about on here. Oh, and I sewed the sides of the fabric together so it was like a tube or a cuff.
Gathered the fabric. I cut off about four inches from the bottom of the jeans.
I then fit the gathered fabric to the jean and sewed it on.
Then I placed the grosgrain ribbon over the top of the fabric, where it met the jeans, and stitched both edges of the ribbon (top and bottom) with a straight stitch. I used two strips of the grosgrain.

It was super simple, and I hope I explained it clearly.
I made sure to finish all edges so fabric and denim wouldn't fray.
And for the shirt, I sewed on the ribbon the same way. With the bows, again I made it up as I went, so it made sense to me. I put fraycheck on the ends of the ribbons for the bow so they won't unravel.

I saw my friend yesterday and she said her daughter wouldn't take the outfit off to go to bed, she insisted on sleeping in it!

Ok That all makes sense except how to get everything sewed onto the jeans. Did you open the side seam of the jeans? Or leave it round and slide it in & under the needle to sew it? Does any of that make sense? I tried to do this with a pair of my DD's jeans and cannot got it to work right. Help! :)

Ok That all makes sense except how to get everything sewed onto the jeans. Did you open the side seam of the jeans? Or leave it round and slide it in & under the needle to sew it? Does any of that make sense? I tried to do this with a pair of my DD's jeans and cannot got it to work right. Help! :)

I haven't made a pair yet but did buy a dvd with instructions how. It has you open the inseams of the legs

Hi,
I have to join this thread! I'm obesessed with dressing my kids Disney! The men in the white coats are coming to get me any day now I'm sure! LOL! We are leaving in 52 days and counting for 9 days, and I told my husband we may need to add a few days so they can wear all of their clothes! ;) Here a some pictures of my babies dressed Disney.
dcp_3940_1153753447.jpg

100_0972_1145581820.jpg

100_1451.jpg

100_1742.jpg

100_1785.jpg

100_1780.jpg

100_1826.jpg

100_1827.jpg

100_1858.jpg

100_1877.jpg

I wish I made them! I make the bows and socks, but the dresses are made by the company Wish Upon a Star. You can find some on eBay, but they go for big money! I sold that size 4T Snow White set last week for $177.50!!! If you would like to know a less expensive source PM me- I don't want to share all of my secrets;)

Hi,
I have to join this thread! I'm obesessed with dressing my kids Disney! The men in the white coats are coming to get me any day now I'm sure! LOL! We are leaving in 52 days and counting for 9 days, and I told my husband we may need to add a few days so they can wear all of their clothes! ;) Here a some pictures of my babies dressed Disney.
dcp_3940_1153753447.jpg

100_0972_1145581820.jpg

100_1451.jpg

100_1742.jpg

100_1785.jpg

100_1780.jpg

100_1826.jpg

100_1827.jpg

100_1858.jpg

100_1877.jpg

I am just wondering if you have an embroidery machine for the bows? I was just a a machine store today drooling over one. If you don't mind sharing, what machine to you have?

I don't have a little girl, and my "little" boy is 15. I want a pair of those Mickey overalls for ME!!! :rotfl:

Hi,
I actually have 5 of the Disney Brother 270D. I have a love/hate relationship with all 5. They aren't the best, and some days I want to throw them out the window LOL! I sell custom personalized bows so I use them a lot- too much, and I need to upgrade to better machines soon. But they are great for small projects, it can be so much fun, especially for shirts and bags for your Disney trips :)

Hi,
I actually have 5 of the Disney Brother 270D. I have a love/hate relationship with all 5. They aren't the best, and some days I want to throw them out the window LOL! I sell custom personalized bows so I use them a lot- too much, and I need to upgrade to better machines soon. But they are great for small projects, it can be so much fun, especially for shirts and bags for your Disney trips :)

Are the outfits that you posted cross stitched on? It is hard for me to tell. Thanks!

I had ordered several outfits along w/ the one's I made.. these are the first ordered sets I got in :) They wore them tonight to church.. where the little one promptly got sick and threw up all over hers.. ARGGHHH

DSC_0632copy.jpg

DSC_0625copy.jpg

I had ordered several outfits along w/ the one's I made.. these are the first ordered sets I got in :) They wore them tonight to church.. where the little one promptly got sick and threw up all over hers.. ARGGHHH

DSC_0632copy.jpg

DSC_0625copy.jpg

They are just too cute!!! (the outfits too!)

ZanyToes - Your older daughter's outfit is about the cutest thing I think I have ever seen!

That Wish Upon a Star site is so cute, I am glad I don't have a daugher yet, I would be broke. :rotfl:

I just wanted to share some applique stuff I checked out from the library the other day. Umm the book was Mastering Machine Applique http://*******.com/24awz2
There is one great technique in there where you trace onto the Heat N Bond stuff (or whatever you like) and cut it out. THEN you cut the middle out so you just have like a 1/4" border of the Heat N Bond. Iron onto the applique. Iron applique onto the clothes. Then satin stitch (tight zigzag) with a cotton machine embroidry thread. (It said the cotton will fill in better giving it a more solid look) Make sure you stitch inside of the applique just to the edge not over the edge. Since you cut out the middle it is soft. Oh and before you stitch you can iron freezer paper onto the back for stabilizer and then just rip it off when you are done.

Hope that makes sense.
It looks like it is just for quilts so I almost didn't look at the book but, it is really good and gives all different ways to do stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter