Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes - Part 6

Discussion in 'Arts and Crafts' started by Carrie772, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Carrie772

Carrie772 Resolve to Recycle!

Regarding musical note fabric: Hancock's had some that was from their St. Judes collection. It was purple swirls with black musical notes on it. I used it for a HSM pair of scrappy patches pants. They also had some rainbow colored star fabric that had pictures/drawings of children's faces in the center of the stars. I used the girls and boys that matched my DD's fave. characters and put them on the knees.
    Last time I looked, it was in the clearance section.

I hope you can find it!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mommy2allgirls

mommy2allgirls DIS Veteran

So am I the only one that starts planning what to pack and getting things organized well in advance? Our trip is in March and I am already making lists. Am I crazy?

4. teresajoy

teresajoy <font color=deeppink>World's Proudest Aunt!<br><fo

I never learned to play either. And, I'm going to tell this story, because Vicki was not at this particular gathering of Brian's friends (she made me feel welcome from the first time I met her! :hug: )....
    But, the first time we went to the UP to visit his friends, they played Euchre for FOUR HOURS (at least) STRAIGHT!!! And, would NOT tell me how to play, even though I asked them to teach me! I ended up spending the day with their two little boys! Who, while very sweet, were not the most entertaining company! ;)

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Uh oh!!! It was a challenge to find the ice cream cone fabric that I have! But, i will be sewing an extra skirt for each one of my virtual neices in my heart. And Jord too! Not sure about those Bitty Twins yet.....

Ok, once again, I started a reply an hour or so ago, an am just now getting back to finishing, so forgive me if this has been answered!

I thought the ruffler foot was pretty easy to use, as long as you are sure you have the right one for your machine, (high shank, low shank or slant shank). There are a few tutorial videos in the bookmarks (in my siggy) and definetely download teh YCMT tutorial E-book. And, when you are done with the ruffler, make sure you retighten your needle, it tends to losen up while you are using the ruffler, and I've had mine fall out when I start regular sewing again! :headache:

OOOH I can't wait!!!!
    Linda, Courtney looks so adorable in this picture!!! Thanks for sharing these with us!!!!

5. spongemommie05

spongemommie05 DIS Veteran

Okay i am posting on yesterday's stuff as well as so far,
    NOTE to self when you can't breathe as is, due to being sick REMEMBER to BREATHE while looking at Heathersue's Cinderella :eek: this is what my face looked like......wow that is a beautimus dress you should be holding your head up high what a great job.
    Now i am not able to remember everything but i know there were quite a few adorable things posted great job! Everyone ,
    I am feeling a lil better but now i have to clean up the aftermath of mom being sick
    (Did a Tasmanian Devil fly through myHouse):scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

6. teresajoy

teresajoy <font color=deeppink>World's Proudest Aunt!<br><fo

Where did you get that cool slideshow in your signature?!?

I'm glad you are feeling better today!

7. The Moonk's Mom

The Moonk's Mom DIS Veteran

Wow! That is all I can say! We will be taking our very first family trip tp WDW in June. I started sewing DD first outfit and thought "hmmm...I wonder if I can find any really cool ideas online?" Silly me! You guys are great:worship: !!!! I have spent the last week looking at everything :surfweb: but now I must sew.

8. mommy2allgirls

mommy2allgirls DIS Veteran

Someone on Cafemom made it for me!

9. celerystalker

celerystalker <font color=green>Look! I'm yankeepenny!<br><font

I'm trying to thumb through the pics to see what you all have been up to and I saw this -
    first of all, GREAT JOB HEATHER! It's BEAUTIMOUS!!!!!
    Second -
    Tom: YOU COULD NEVER BUTCHER ANYTHING, YOU MEANIE HEAD! :rotfl2:

10. Tinka_Belle

Tinka_Belle DIS Veteran

We don't leave until May and I have already been planning what everyone is going to where. Also trying to keep things together that I know we will be needing to bring with us.

my3princes and Disney 4 Me: My DH's name is Colby also. He hates his name. Mainly because when he was younger his Step-Mother would call him cheesehead. She's kind of a mean person. She actually wore white to my wedding. I was so mad. She knew I was mad too.

11. Flea

Flea Mouseketeer

:cool1: Wooohooo after 4 months of trying to get my machine to co-operate and do some shirring - finally I succeeded - I went to visit a friend and she had a similar sewing machine and she showed me what she needed to do (a bit long winded but who cares if it works). So I just had to share with my new sewing buddies :goodvibes I'm so excited - this opens a whole new world of outfits for me :rolleyes1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I need to add the straps and do the hem but need my DD awake to do that. I'm on a roll now - soon I'll be able to make real trip outfits :).and it's from my bargain table fabric I bought yesterday - $2/m and it will make at least 4 tops from that metre -now try beating that price for ready made stuff :)

We will also be going to Hawaii when we are on our trip and I saw some lovely Frangipani floral print yesterday (but didn't grab any as my hands were full of other bolts of fabric) so I'm going back today so I can make a couple of shirred dresses for over their swimwear :)

Oh and can someone give me measurements of a 4-5 year old - I can use my eldest DD for the 3yo stuff as that is how old my youngest will be when we go - but have no idea how big a 5 year old is :confused3

12. my3princes

my3princes <font color=red>Looking for a milestone to claim<b

Those are wonderful. Your kids look like they had a wonderful trip. Lots of attention I'm sure :thumbsup2

13. ObsessedwiththeMouse

ObsessedwiththeMouse <font color=blue>Diehard <b>Packers</b> fan, <i>bu

Thanks everyone for the kind words...Here's a few more...

Mickey Boy Overalls.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snow White....

[​IMG]

Cinderella....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. TSNCS

TSNCS Mouseketeer

Where did you get your fabric???????? This outfit is so cute, I love it.

15. CastleCreations

CastleCreations <font color=darkorchid>Would take a cruise just to

This is what we're doing today....can you guess...Yesterday was Lexie's 5th birthday. So today we're having her party..
    Here is a video of her with her new singing balloon...
    Sorry it's sideways...LOL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fVUBVRMDe8

16. revrob

revrob Guest

SO, is the Euchre game played with spoons? Is that the game you're all talking about?

It's not terribly difficult to learn. There is a learning curve though. You want to practice a bit before jumping in with fabric that is designated for an outfit. You also want to stitch nice and slow. HOWEVER, I may not be the best one to take advice from since I seem to be the ONLY PERSON that has managed to actually BRAKE a ruffler foot!

No, you're not the only one. Our next trip isn't unti next January or February. I'm sewing for my DD for that trip already. I hope I'm guessing right on sizes!

17. TSNCS

TSNCS Mouseketeer

Where did you get your fabric???????? This outfit is so cute, I love it.

18. EnchantedPrincess

EnchantedPrincess DIS Veteran

I bought a ruffler foot a few months ago and love it and totally worth it. There is definitely a learning curve, and I did practice a lot of scraps. I also got the free ruffler ebook from youcanmakethis.com and it was a big help in figuring the "contraption" out!

19. Dreamer & Wisher

Dreamer & Wisher DIS Veteran

Wow that is beautiful! I love it! She will get a lot of compliments wearing that dress at WDW! Take a picture of her near the wishing well!

BTW, where did you get the Tinkerbell doggie coat?

20. karamat

karamat Mouseketeer

There is a preschool in Houston run by a non-profit group that is located in a lower-income section of town, and people pay tuition on a sliding scale. Well, sign-up was Monday and all over the news this weekend were stories of the people who had lined up over the weekend. The first lady in line got there Friday morning. People brought out tents, lawn chairs, portable TVs, video games, etc.

I love what I can see of your little man's overalls... did you make the safari Mickey?

21. karamat

karamat Mouseketeer

Oh... I love these overalls too! Did you make the Mickey? That is too cute!