Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay ladies, here is the next item in my Knock-Off Boutique. :rolleyes1 The original was posted by obsessedwiththemouse. I have to give a big thanks to everyone for sharing their ideas and pictures. I'm not very good at coming up with my own designs but that is my next challenge. I plan to brainstorm tomorrow while I tackle that 12 hour shift.

The Minnie ears look a little warped in the picture but that's just how the dress is hanging. I wish I could post pics of DD in the outfit but I've promised DH I would not post pics of the kids anymore.

minnie001.jpg

Lady Rob - The outfit is beautiful! What pattern did you use for the top?

Here's Arminda in her Bambi skirt, she absolutely loves it!!! I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Bambiskirt022.jpg

Have to have a twirling picture!!!
Bambiskirt009.jpg

And, one more:
Bambiskirt005.jpg

I think I should probably do a close up of the skirt, but Brian and I are actually going out without the kids for lunch!!! WOO HOO! So, I have to go get ready!

I love the Bambi skirt. You don't see alot of Bambi even on Tshirts. My DD thinks it's adorable. Also she likes the autograph bag that was posted. Lol thoughI'm still working on bows and they are from good :headache: .

Here's Arminda in her Bambi skirt, she absolutely loves it!!! I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Bambiskirt022.jpg

Have to have a twirling picture!!!
Bambiskirt009.jpg

And, one more:
Bambiskirt005.jpg

I think I should probably do a close up of the skirt, but Brian and I are actually going out without the kids for lunch!!! WOO HOO! So, I have to go get ready!

I love your daughter's name. My great-grandmother's name was Arminda Polly Steivener. Just love it!:love:

I paid $11.99 for the pair, and maybe $3 shipping. I asked her to make me a smaller pair than what she usually has listed. They're just the right size, probably about 3 1/2" across. :thumbsup2

I think I PMd the seller's name to everyone who asked. Let me know if I missed....or is it OK to post it on here or is that a "no-no" :sad2: ?

I'd like the seller for the bows too please!

For all of you wanting the autograph template, I will get to you tomorrow. Very sleep deprived from working too many nights in a rowm and whole stinking house is sick. i will have some "quality time" with the computer tomorrow, and will get to all of you I promise!

I just pm'd everyone the auction # of one of her auctions! go to her me page and she has every princess in a set!! WOW is all I can say! Wich I could make those!

Lori

ok, i asked this question a few pages back, and i can honestly say im not sure if it did or did not get answered because this thread moves sooo fast!:rotfl: my question is: are the "strip" skirts the same as the twirl skirt pattern? ive successfully made three patchwork twirl skirts, but id like to try one like the pink/black w/ hidden mickeys a few (maybe more than a few by now!) pages back. any help would be appreciated! thanks!

ps id like the seller of the princess sets too! thanks!

I just pm'd everyone the auction # of one of her auctions! go to her me page and she has every princess in a set!! WOW is all I can say! Wich I could make those!

Lori

Tink561's daughter has her snow white and Belle sets. She posted pics. WAAAAY back!!

ok, i asked this question a few pages back, and i can honestly say im not sure if it did or did not get answered because this thread moves sooo fast!:rotfl: my question is: are the "strip" skirts the same as the twirl skirt pattern? ive successfully made three patchwork twirl skirts, but id like to try one like the pink/black w/ hidden mickeys a few (maybe more than a few by now!) pages back. any help would be appreciated! thanks!

ps id like the seller of the princess sets too! thanks!

The pattern I used was "The Twirly Dress" by SewBaby (F5869). I purchased it at Joann's on the wall with the easy sew patterns. I just saw they have a website on the pattern www.sewbaby.com. Not sure if it's on there I'll go look. The skirt is one shape cut six times. I folded the pattern in half, so they would look like strips and cut twelve. If you do this remember to add 5/8" more on the side you folded for the extra seam you'll be adding.

This is the only pattern I have, so I don't know if its like all twirl skirts. Hope that helps.

Yes, it is there http://www.sewbaby.com/big/patterns1_/sb-33.html

BTW... The pattern is to make a dress. You can either make the top or use a store bought, it explains both, and it has individual sizes seperately. Great for making sister dresses!

Very cute and looks very pretty with the white tee. :rotfl2: WE need to have a twirly kids thread. :rotfl:
I would love to see the fabric up close. I've never seen Bambi fabric.
:lmao: She reminds me of my DD with her favorite plush. A ratty looking unicorn that goes everywhere with us.

Here's the Bambi fabric:
002.jpg

Here is a closer picture of the Bambi and Blue strips. The blue is kind of shiny. It was in the $1 bin at Walmart. I've had it awhile, just waiting to do something with it! And, I wasn't real crazy about the Bambi fabric, so I wanted something to break it up with:
005.jpg

That t-shirt says Princess in sparkles!

Now, just a few notes about what I've learned on this thread:

1) If you see Disney fabric at WM, Joann, Hancock, flea market... buy some, at least one yard! Why? Because you're gonna be reading this thread one day and see something made with it and you're gonna say "I saw that same fabric, and I wish I had bought some" Then you're gonna try to find it on ebay and end up paying $15 per yard!

2) All kids are entitled to custom Disney outfits, whether they be handmade or bought!

3) In addendum to #2... all DHs are not required to know about all of the $$ spent on said outfits! If they get word of any significant amount, brain freeze them with ice cream!!!! :rotfl:

4) If I can make pillowcase dresses, patchwork twirly skirts and halter tops... then anyone can do it! Aksunshine has even proven that you don't have to use a machine.

5) This thread is highly addictive and there should be a warning pop-up when you click on it!!!!

6) You may have laundry, dishes, dust, vacuuming, whatever to do instead of sewing. But guess what? It will still be there when you're done!!!!!!! AND even if you do clean instead of sew, everything is just going to get messy again! You might as well sew and have something to show for it, your house will not stay clean to show off at Disney World!!!!

I LOVE this! It should be on the first page, as a warning post!!!

I know this is :offtopic: but I went to see My Little Pony Live with my daughter yesterday. She had me pull this outfit out of the attic. I made if for her when she was a size 4, she is now a six. She had to wear it again, however. It is a bit small and faded now, as it was well loved. It was my first try at a custom outfit. If I'd have thought about it, I'd have made her a new one for the show.

This reminds me to ask, do ya'll hand wash your items or just keep them out of the dryer? It seems that the novelty fabric fades quickly.

Hello fellow My Little Pony fan mother! I love the outfit, I think it looks very cute on her! Lydia would love to see the My Little Pony Live. She watches the preview on the internet, over and over and over again! I wish it were coming near us! She would LOVE to see it! How was it?

Your post was probably overlooked. I'll send it to you if you still want it :) . I have similar ones that a friend from the DISigns board made and I'll send those to you too. Just PM me if you want them.

Would you mind sending these to me also?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter