Kids CS Credits & Menus FAQ & Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to thank everyone who mentioned the available option of upgrading a younger child with a more "mature" appetite to a 10 year old so they can eat "adult" meals. I had no idea you could do that!

The last time we visited WDW, my son was 4 and had no problem with the kids meals. Now he is is 8, but he has a HUGE appetite and he likes the same foods we eat. I was really worried that he would be jealous of what his 12 year old sister was eating and that he'd be forced to eat kid's meals. Don't get me wrong, he likes chicken nuggets as much as the next kid, but he would much rather have adult dining choices. For example:

Flame Tree BBQ

What he'd like to order: BBQ ribs, chocolate mousse, lemonade

What he'd HAVE to order on the kid's plan: baked chicken drum stick or hot dog, carrots, grapes, milk/water/apple juice

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Calling to "upgrade" his age to 10 :woohoo:tomorrow!

So if I "upgraded" my 8 and 9 yo kids to adults could they share a TS meal? Would Disney frown on this? I just talked to my son about this and he is psyched to have more fish options!

You would have to upgrade his park ticket also- would be cheaper just to buy the extra?

Thanks Cathy for the good info.
My another question will be: What if DH and I decide to eat somewhere else later and we want to order the meals for DS at Casey's Corner first? Do you think the server there will just take one adult meal out of our credit?

this is what I am wondering since we have three different room packages with 6 adults but only one child-- thinking that is we go our seperate ways and someone goes to get her a meal-- where does it get cashed out as?

Thanks Cathy for the good info.
My another question will be: What if DH and I decide to eat somewhere else later and we want to order the meals for DS at Casey's Corner first? Do you think the server there will just take one adult meal out of our credit?

This is precisely why child and adult CS credits are not differentiated.

We are going for 9 days on DDP...2A 1C only the child will not bejoining us until the 4th day so we will have 4 CCS and 4 CTS that we will have extra. Cant we use the extra CCS to order extra meals..I am talking ordering childs meals not adult ..I can do a childs CS no problem and so can my DD..the question I have is can the childs TS meals be used to buy CS meals..if so how do we handle that so they dont use CS instead of TS..does this make sense. Please PM or email me since sometimes I can not find the original thread. Thanks

last time I went, the kids and adults credits were combined on the quick service creidts on the receipts.
Is this still the same or is it separated into adult and chilhd credits now?
I'm NOT asking if I can use adult meals for kids or anything shady. Just curious as to how it reads on the receipt. Thanks!

Same as before. your Key to the World Card will say the number of Adults (A) and Children (C), but the credits are all pooled together. When you order they will only let you order what your card says, as they always have, so if you go through the line and want 3 adult QS meals but your card says 2 adults that is all you will be allowed to order.

We are going in Oct. It will be 3 adults and 1 child with regular dining plan. Our granddaughter is booked in our room and we are paying for her DDP. We get there on Oct 7 but she will not be there until Oct 11..my question is..we will have 5 Childs counter service meals left over to use. How many of those can we use a day say for when she gets there with us? We also have another child age 9 on dining plan with his parents in our group. Would we be able to use her credits to buy him meals on our card? Hope this all makes sense but I hate to see them go to waste. Thanks

The credits are available from the moment of the original check-in and can be used by any member of the party (child, obviously) at any time. The credits belong to the room, not the person, and there is no restriction as to how often they can be used.

The credits are available from the moment of the original check-in and can be used by any member of the party (child, obviously) at any time. The credits belong to the room, not the person, and there is no restriction as to how often they can be used.

ok..have 2 adult and 1 child on our plan..say can I use 2 adult and 2 childs credits for 1 meal?

In one transaction you can purchase 2 adult meals and one child meal, as that is what will be printed on your key to the world card. You can purchase fewer than that in one transaction but not more.

If you eat somewhere and there is not a children's menu, does your child still get a meal/drink/dessert like an adult on the DDP?

If you eat somewhere and there is not a children's menu, does your child still get a meal/drink/dessert like an adult on the DDP?

Yes, your child will get the same meal that an adult would at those locations.

Is there any disney reataurant in toronta having children's menu...can anyone recommend me

What about children under 2? Are they allowed to order anything off the children's menu?
Thank you!!!

What about children under 2? Are they allowed to order anything off the children's menu?
Thank you!!!

Children under 3 aren't covered by the dining plan at all. At buffets and other all-you-care-to-eat places, they eat for free anyway. Everywhere else, they can either share off the rest of the party's plates or additional food may be ordered for them out-of-pocket (including off the children's menu, of course).

Are the child and adult counter service credits on the dining plan all pooled together or do they show as (for example) 6 adult and 2 child credits remaining? I know kids are supposed to order from kids menu if available but how is it tracked? I'm just trying to figure out how we will know just which credits are remaining so as not to get mixed up. Thanks.

With the basic dining plan, how does the system keep track of how many remaining counter service credits are adult and how many are kids? Will it show the breakdown of child/adult credits remaining on a slip after the last person orders?
We will be a group of 8 (6 adults and 2 kids) who won't always be together at meal times.

I've read other threads where people have said they've treated someone else in line. But how can you do that, if your card says 2A & 2C, how can you buy a fifth CS meal? I thought the system wouldn't allow that?

Also, what if I want to use one of my kids credits one day? For example - can I order 4 Mickey waffles platters, which would be 4 kids CS credits, then another time order 4 adult CS meals? Technically, it's using 4 of each, which is what we're entitled to.

I've read other threads where people have said they've treated someone else in line. But how can you do that, if your card says 2A & 2C, how can you buy a fifth CS meal? I thought the system wouldn't allow that?

Also, what if I want to use one of my kids credits one day? For example - can I order 4 Mickey waffles platters, which would be 4 kids CS credits, then another time order 4 adult CS meals? Technically, it's using 4 of each, which is what we're entitled to.

Unfortunately the system has been abused, so CMs have been instructed by Disney to process CS credits as indicated on the KTTW card.

If I have QSDP and 2 adults and 2 children. If my DH takes my 2 kids for fish and chips (no child menu there) will they charge us 3 adult credits? I'd hate to get charged for adult credits...and then I'm stuck eating kids meals as a result.:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!