• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

kids clubs

oklamomof4boys

DIS Veteran
It's been a while since I've had kids in the clubs so I have a question for a friend. Do they allow a child to go to the Lab instead of the tween area if they have only been 11 for a few months? She is a bit immature and would like to be with her younger sister.

I don't think that would be a big deal - we just got off the Dream and they let my 13 year old (turns 14 in May) float between Vibe and Edge.

It's been a while since I've had kids in the clubs so I have a question for a friend. Do they allow a child to go to the Lab instead of the tween area if they have only been 11 for a few months? She is a bit immature and would like to be with her younger sister.

Oceaneers Club/Lab ages 3-12
Edge ages 11-14
Vibe ages 14-17.

They overlap the ages, so kids at that "variable" age can have a choice.

:cutie:

I don't think that would be a big deal - we just got off the Dream and they let my 13 year old (turns 14 in May) float between Vibe and Edge.

They let your 13 yr old into Vibe??? I didn't think that was an option. :confused3 When we sail in the summer, DD and her friends will be in Vibe (15 and 16 yr olds), but DS will only be 13 so will be stuck in Edge. He is almost taller than DD already so if they weren't checking names, no one would ever guess him to be younger than 14. LOL

I worry that he's going to be bored stiff in Edge. We sailed 2 years ago on a 4 night Dream trip, so DS went to the kids club a couple of times with a younger friend ... DD went up to "check out" Edge with us and her brother and we left almost immediately ... it looked incredibly boring. She was 13, 5 weeks from turning 14. At first, the CM came over to DS and asked if he wanted to join a group up on deck playing basketball ... THEN she saw his wristband for the club and rudely told him to leave ... as I walked over to see what was going on, he was telling the CM that he was there with his parents and sister to check it out for HER. We weren't trying to get him in there ... he was just with us at the time ... but the rudeness of the CM was completely uncalled for. DS still remembers how she made him feel, so that is also going to have some bearing on whether he will want to give Edge a shot. Since it's a 7 day on the Fantasy with 3 sea days, I'm hoping that he'll find some friends in there and have a blast. :goodvibes

13 is such a lousy age ... I remember it well. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter