Kids Club's

323sarg

Mouseketeer
I know I have read that at some of the resorts that they have a kids club were the watch the children while mom and dad go out for dinner.

I wanted to take my wife out to dinner while in DW for our anniversary but wanted to see if anyone has ever done this before? Did the kids like it? Did they have fun?

I don't want to send the somewhere they will not enjoy themselves. After all it is their vacation too.

We've done the Kid's Club at WL and BC and the kids LOVED LOVED LOVED it. Its about $10 per hour, per kid and if your children are there dinner the dinner hours, they will get fed too.

The first time, we did a "dry run" dropped the kids off at 4p when WL club opened, let them stay for 2 hours (while I got to get ready in a hotel room, BY MYSELF :banana: :banana: ). When DH and I went to pick them up, we were a bit leery, but turns out, they didn't want to leave. So the next night, DH and I left them there for a good 4-5 hours!

They have a few different places. There is simbas clubhouse at AKL. Neverland club at the Polynesian. There is another at WL (can't remember the name at the moment) and I believe there is one at the Floridian (don't quote me on that one though).

My kids loved it. We used Simbas clubhouse this past visit and they were there from 6 -12. They had a lot of fun. They still talk about it. It can be a bit pricey but it includes dinner and cookies and milk if they are still there at 9ish. You are given a pager if they need you as well.

Kids have to be 4 years old and potty trained. It was definitely nice to get at least one night to ourselves.

There is also a service that Disney recommends (not employed by Disney) that you can have them come to your room. This is another option if your kids are younger. We have never used them but I have heard they are great.

We took the kids to the Sandcastle Kids club at the BC last year while we went to dinner for our 10th anniversary and they loved it! We only left them there for 2 1/2 hours and they did not want to leave when we went to pick them up!

They played board games, watched TV, ate dinner, and I'm sure mostly played video games!

They took our cell numbers plus gave us a pager. We felt totally comfortable leaving them there, and this is coming from a mom who rarely leaves her kids anywhere!

I'm sure all the kids clubs are great. The one at the BC is very convenient because you and your DW can go to dinner anywhere on the Boardwalk or at Epcot and be close by.

Good luck!:goodvibes

We also used the Sandcastle Club at BC and my daughter had a blast.The Clubs are for kids ages 4-12. The cost now is $12/hr per child. They are open from 4p-12a

$12/hr seems like a great value, especially if that includes dinner and/or snacks for the kids. In my area the going rate for a regular babysitter is that much!

I thought you had to be a guest in one of those resorts to use the Kid's Club?

Glad to hear such positive comments. Our 2 DD's (8 and 4) will be going to Simba's Clubhouse on our trip in April one evening so we can go to Narcoosees.

Do you need to make reservations for the kids club ahead of time, like ADR's? Or is it a first come first serve thing?

Our kids stayed at the GF kids' club this past September and they LOVED it!!!! It's a smaller club than the ones I've seen elsewhere, but had lots to keep them busy! As a mattter of fact, when asked what their favorite things were on that trip, the kids' club is in their top 3! :rotfl:

Our kids stayed at the GF kids' club this past September and they LOVED it!!!! It's a smaller club than the ones I've seen elsewhere, but had lots to keep them busy! As a mattter of fact, when asked what their favorite things were on that trip, the kids' club is in their top 3! :rotfl:
Back in 2000, my DD and kids of our friends stayed at the GF kid's Club and they loved it. I liked the fact that they gave us a pager too. Not sure if they still do that, are pagers still used?

Has anyone done the Kid's Club at the Swan/Dolphin? If so, can you tell me about it?

Yes, you need to make reservations. You can make them the same time you make ADRs at the same phone number.

I thought you had to be a guest in one of those resorts to use the Kid's Club?

You do not need to be a guest of the resort to use the kids club. We stayed at POFQ this past October and our kids had a blast at the Neverland Club at the Polynesian. They were there 3.5 hours and wanted to stay longer when we picked them up.

Does anyone know if you can send your own snacks with the kids or do they only give them the food they surve? DS is VERY picky.

Hmmm. $12 isn't too bad, but for us it will be $24 per hour. Something to think about....

Thanks,
Heather

We've used the Cub's Den at the WL the last two years. DD5 loves it.

We practically had to pry her out of there with a crowbar at 10 pm a couple of weeks ago.

Has anyone taken their 11 or 12 yr old there?? I am traveling with just ds(12) again this June--- and I really would like some alone time, like to wander the world showcase or just relax at a nice resturant... I am thinking he would be more than willing, video games? the selling point...
Jill

Has anyone done the Kid's Club at the Swan/Dolphin? If so, can you tell me about it?

We used the one at the Dolphin on our last (and so far only) trip back in '06, DS was 4 at the time. I don't know if they still do this, but it used to be that if you were dining at the Dolphin you got 2hrs of childcare free :thumbsup2 We had a nice dinner at Shula's and DS had a blast at the kids club. There is an arcade in the hotel not far from the kids club area, they took the kids there and gave them each a cup of coins to play for awhile. I know they also colored something or made a project (I'm a little fuzzy, it's been awhile) and had dinner. He loved it, we're doing the Cub's Den at WL this year, and we'll probably leave him for longer since he had so much fun (and he's 7 now, so mom's a little more comfortable this time around ;) ).

Just a tip if you're not sure how your kids will do. Aside from daycare (which is the same day in and day out) we'd never left him w/ anyone other than family. So a month or so before we went, I started utilizing those kids clubs that some of the grocery stores have.....you know where you can shop alone :lovestruc to see how he did in a strange place without me....yet I was close in case he didn't do well. It kind of got him used to the idea and worked out well.

My DD LOVES the kids clubs. She usually goes a few nights while we are there.
She is an only child and she wants to play with the other kids.
She has been to them all....and loves them all.

They serve them dinner....that is included in the price. I think they have to be there before 7-7:30 to get fed though.

They do still give out pagers....I would recommend making a reservation if you already made your dinner plans. You make it through Disney dining.
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter