Kids Clubs

Super Momma

Earning My Ears
Hello.
I was wondering if anyone knew how strict the kids clubs at the hotels are about the kids being 4. At the time of our holiday (May), my youngest will be 10 days shy of his fourth birthday. My oldest son is really keen to try the clubs but he won't go without his brother. I was wondering if I explained that his birthday is in ten days if they would accept him. He is potty-trained and all that. Any help/ advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.:goodvibes

My daughter will be 6 for our August trip but our son will be 13. He is VERY immature and has mild Asperger's disorder as well as ADHD and ODD. Very much able to take care of himself for a couple of hours in an known environment but an unknown environment is iffy. Needless to say - we are very much in need of a night out without kids!!!! How flexible are they? Can we plan for a few hours alone with a paid babysitter for both or are we SOL?? I know I have seen a age limit of 12. Will they work with us on this? Would a Dr. note help? Thank you for your insight on this delicate subject!!

I suggest calling WDW guest services and asking them about these exceptions. If not you both can try Kids Night Out. They have a website.
Good luck with your planning!
:)

Super Momma, as far as I know they are VERY strict about the no under 4 and no over 12 ages for the clubs. There are alternatives when your child doesn't meet the requirements such as an in-room sitter.

Ohiomomof2, we also have a ds13 with asperger's (and a dd8)and I really, REALLY miss being able to put him in the kids clubs....all he did was play his gameboy most of the time anyhow. But folks who don't know your child may not like the idea of having a teenager in the same area as their pre-schooler.

It's too bad that Disney didn't have a place for the 'tweens to hang out - the ones that age out of the kids clubs but are still too young (or immature like my own ds) to stay alone just so us parents can have some time off and maybe have a quiet meal without kids fighting! :)

Jill

The age rules are there because of State of Florida licensing and requirements. So they are pretty strict about it.

Disney is very strict regarding age limits at the kids clubs. They will verify age when you make your reservation and when you drop off your child.

My DD8 has PDD (she's on the Autistic spectrum) but since she loves Disney, the kids clubs are wonderful for her. I was worried about leaving her but the ladies at the Neverland Club were great! They asked me if she had any medical/social conditions and I told them about the PDD. She had a great time!

They'll give you a pager and ask for a cell phone number to call you if any issues arise. I was never called. My daughter doesn't like it when she has to leave. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter