Kids club's Peanut Free?

You will need to fill out the allergy form prior to cruising. I would call DCL, but from what I just read on some PA sites, they do not eat in the club and all hands are washed before entering the club. The people on the site recommended taking the child out of the club for meals and not allowing them to stay in the club when others go to eat so that the parents can make sure with the chefs that what is chosen to eat is safe for the child. So, you wouldn't be the first PA person to sail. I'd just ask what precautions are taken in the kid areas by asking DCL themselves.

I know that as the children enter the clubs, they are directed to wash their hands immediately.
My 9 year old, who spent a LOT of time there this past summer, says the food that they bring into the clubs is peanut-free, and she would be a pretty reliable source. lol
She says that when the kids eat in the club, they wash their hands, then have a salad bar, then are served the main dish. Afterwards, they wash their hands again and then return to the activities.
Now, again, this is from a 9 year old, I would obviously call DCL, but take it for what its worth! :rotfl:

My daughter is has a severe allergy to nuts so when we dropped her off we left an epipen. The only thing they asked when I first brought up that she was allergic was if she could eat choclate chip cookies cause they serve that... but there's really nothing to worry about as long as u let them know when u registered

No, they are NOT peanut free zones. My younger child is allergic to all nuts and they do Ratatouille Cooking School in the Lab. The cookies they make are not guaranteed to be safe from nuts.

Additionally, I have read reports on here of parents of children with special needs having meals sent to the club for their children--including PBJ sandwiches. (I just read one such report within the past month.) PBJ sandwiches are not supposed to be allowed, but every time I've read about this, the meal has been allowed and the parents have been requested not to order that particular meal again.

I did not allow my child to eat in the club and it worked out fine for us, but your experiences might be different.

Thanks so much, everyone, for the info!!

We've just started teaching DS (who is 3) to ask if a food has peanuts in it---hopefully by our cruise in Jan. 2014, he'll have this down pat.

Thanks so much, everyone, for the info!!

We've just started teaching DS (who is 3) to ask if a food has peanuts in it---hopefully by our cruise in Jan. 2014, he'll have this down pat.

You should probably double check w/the CMs when dropping him off too, in terms of what's being served for the day or whether there are activities that might include nuts.

Alot of ppl (CMs included) don't realize that there are nuts in certain products that don't obviously contain nuts (like cookies). Even our servers would forget sometimes (DD is allergic).

Snacks are not served in the kids Club/Lab, and meals are meals are restricted to a specific time and location. The cooking activities MAY contain nuts and/or cross-contamination.

If I had a PF child I would not leave him/her in the club during the scheduled meal time (noted on the Navigator but it may NOT coincide with your family's dining time). I also would indicate the child should not participate in the cooking activities - or again not have the child there during that time.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter