Kids clubs online check-in confusion

waltfan42

Mouseketeer
Hi!
Just did my online check in. I registered my 9 year old for the Club/Lab and then went to register my daughter for the "Tween" area, but there was no online check in for that. However, when I looked at her name she has the same designation that my son had. In other words, it says that she is also eligible for the club/lab. She will be 12 when we sail and Disney has her correct birth date listed. To make a long story short----is it possible for her to participate in the club/lab and the tween area??? Should I go ahead a register her--even though she is past the age limit?? So weird! I'd like her to be able to do both if possible.
TIA

I just did my online check in and didn't notice anything about this. Is this something you need to do in advance or can you just set this up once on board. We are traveling with 3 grand children--3,7,12.

I think you can also register them when you get to the ship. If you want to do it online, there is a button on the left side of the screen "My Cruise Plans" (it's above the button for "My Online Check-in") and that will get you to the kids clubs and any other reservations you want to make in advance.

I think you can also register them when you get to the ship. If you want to do it online, there is a button on the left side of the screen "My Cruise Plans" (it's above the button for "My Online Check-in") and that will get you to the kids clubs and any other reservations you want to make in advance.

I would advise you do it online, even if it means a call to DCL for website help. Trying to do it in the Port Terminal is a nightmare unless you are there when it first opens. Further, trying to do it onboard during the first evening open house is also a zoo.

What we did and it worked as well on the Dream (despite the Feb 20th crowd issue) as it did on previous Wonder trips, was register online. After our dinner and show we went to the kids club late - between 10-11 pm. Our kids were quickly given their Mickey bands and we avoided any wait issues.

Personally, everything I can do before getting on the ship I do, so that when I am on it, I can vacation!!!

Note: our plan would not work so great if you wanted to put the kids in the club/lab on the 1st night. If that were the case, I would still wait until on board or arrive early at the port to get a Mickey band.

Best.

Yeah, my 12 year old daughter is listed as being eligible for the Lab, but I think that's old information they haven't changed yet. There is no "registration" for the tween (Edge) area. It's just a place they can go to once on board if they are 11-13.

I too was given the option to register my DS11 for the Lab. I went ahead and signed him up as DD9 can go there too. Don't know if he will actually be allowed in, but if he can have the option of the Lab or Edge.....good for him.
Has anyone else had this happen and already sailed?

Thanks for info on this==went ahead and registered all 3--including the 12 year old which according to the ages seems he is too old for but did it anyway. I assume the tween club doesn't need pre registration since there didn't appear to be a place to do it.
I am a newbie at this so any other suggestions would be welcomed!

I have registered online for two upcoming cruises with my 12-year-old son. For the Dream I was asked to register him and for the Magic I was not. I do not know if that's because they are different ships, because the policies changed in the month between registrations, or because the website is just buggy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter