Kids Club

rramsr

Mouseketeer
This will be our first cruise ever. We will be on the Dream August 28th. Do I have to preregister both kids for the kids club before the cruise or can I do it on the 28th? Kids will be 9 and 6.

Also do the kids club fill up and my kids will not be allowed because they are full?

Thanks

It will save time at the port or onboard if you register your kids beforehand online. If you don't, though, you can fill out the necessary forms on the day you board.

Disney Cruise will not allow further bookings of reservations with children of a certain age if they already have the maximum number of kids for that age group. Anyone who has booked will be able to register for the kids clubs. So, it is highly unlikely that the kids' clubs will be filled. Every once in a while there is a brief period when the rooms are at capacity and sign-ins aren't allowed -- in that case, you'd be asked to come back 15-30 minutes later. (That has never happened on any of the 7 cruises I've done with my kids.)

This will be our first cruise ever. We will be on the Dream August 28th. Do I have to preregister both kids for the kids club before the cruise or can I do it on the 28th? Kids will be 9 and 6.

Also do the kids club fill up and my kids will not be allowed because they are full?

Thanks

Pre-registering before you board will save lots of time the day of boarding. Just remember the password you assign to your registration. ;)

We just got off the Fantasy 2 weeks ago and never had an issue signing our kids into the club.

Enjoy!!

Most people register the kids at the port. There's typically a long line and it's a waste of time. You are better off either pre-registering online, or do it at the clubs directly.

In our case back in August '12, DS13 was 11 and initially didn't want to go to Edge. Also, kids under 10 cannot be pre-registered online for some reason so we couldn't do it for him anyway. Once we boarded, it was a pretty quick process. I remember there was a 45-60 minute wait at the port to register kids...

I have 2 kids 15 and 17 do they need to be registered for the clubs that they will be going to

We just returned from a cruise on the Fantasy. No need to pre-register for Vibe (I am not even sure it is an option). Your teens will be able to register themselves right inside the club on embarkation day.

For our cruise, my son turned in the key card he was given at the port check-in, and he was given a red Vibe key card. This new card opened the stateroom door and acted as his regular boarding card for the whole cruise.

Hope this helps! Happy Sailing!

We've never had an issue with the clubs being full and our child being denied entry. You are able to register day-of, but I generally pre-register online while I'm filling out the rest of our cruise info. Either way, pre-registered or no, you still have to stand in line that first day in order for your child(ren) to get their bracelet.

Hmm, I just did online pre-registration for our 3 & 5 y.o. grand-princesses…… so unless I'm missing something, you can pre-register online for under 10's.

Hmm, I just did online pre-registration for our 3 & 5 y.o. grand-princesses…… so unless I'm missing something, you can pre-register online for under 10's.

I think su_A_ve really meant to say over 10. Actually, I believe it's under 9 year olds can be pre-registered. And it's a good idea to do it precruise so you don't waste time doing in onboard.

Ages 9 & 10 have automatic sign in and sign out privileges, unless you remove them.

11 and up have automatic sign in/out privileges, and I don't think you can remove them.

Since those children 9 and up can come and go as they wish, they don't need to be preregistered.

Is this true? There is a maximum # of kids of a certain age the Disney will allow on the ship?

Yes, if you try to make a reservation with a child in an age group that's been maxed out by previous reservations, you will not be able to find a room.

Age groups:

Nursery - 3 years and under
Oceaneer's Club/Lab - 3-12 years
Edge - 11-14 years
Vibe - 14-17 years

Considering how much DCL appeals to families with kids, does this mean that many voyages are not sold out?

"Sold Out" is a relative term. The rooms onboard the ships can hold 3, 4, or 5 people. A party of two people could reserve a room that actually sleeps 5. If all of the rooms are reserved, the cruise would be sold out, but not all the available beds will have people in them.

I'm not sure that they could, in reality, fill all the beds onboard. That might be too many people for the actual lifeboat capacity. The give they have with not actually putting bodies in all the beds, allows more flexibility in the lifeboats. For example, say, there are 30 rooms assigned to a specific lifeboat station and the actual capacity of the life boat is 100 people. But the beds available in those 30 rooms might be 4 per room (120 beds). They will take reservations in those 30 rooms until the lifeboat capacity nears, and then limit how many people can be booked in the last few rooms.

"Sold Out" is a relative term. The rooms onboard the ships can hold 3, 4, or 5 people. A party of two people could reserve a room that actually sleeps 5. If all of the rooms are reserved, the cruise would be sold out, but not all the available beds will have people in them.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was referring to the likelihood that not all rooms are sold out. I think it's safe to say that the majority of DCL passengers are families with children. If the quota for a children's age group is met, then a family with a child that age will not be able to book that sailing. Therefore, they will look for another sail date or ship. I guess what I am asking is wouldn't this mean that generally not all rooms are taken, because what are the odds that there are enough adult-only parties to fill up the remaining rooms?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was referring to the likelihood that not all rooms are sold out. I think it's safe to say that the majority of DCL passengers are families with children. If the quota for a children's age group is met, then a family with a child that age will not be able to book that sailing. Therefore, they will look for another sail date or ship. I guess what I am asking is wouldn't this mean that generally not all rooms are taken, because what are the odds that there are enough adult-only parties to fill up the remaining rooms?

I'd say they are reasonably good. Our Oct Hawaii cruise was "sold out". But not a lot of kids. Lots of rooms with only 2 adults in them. And with the last-minute *GT rates that they typically offer on those cruise that haven't sold well, DCL seems to be filling the ships for the most part.

So if I pre-registered my 4 and 6 year old, what do I need to do at Port or on ship? Anything, or the first time do we just go to the club and give them our password?

So if I pre-registered my 4 and 6 year old, what do I need to do at Port or on ship? Anything, or the first time do we just go to the club and give them our password?

You will pick up their bracelets in either the terminal or onboard, wherever it's easier for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter