• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids Club - when to use??

joeymom

Earning My Ears
HELP! I'm so confused!!! We are scheduled for second dinner seating...since my kids are 6 and 2, I figured they would need to eat earlier so we would take them to eat around 6:30 then to their kids clubs from about 7:30-9:00 so that DH and I can eat at our scheduled time. We are only doing a 4 day and I don't want the kids to miss out on the shows...is my timing going to be ok? I love being with my kids, so I'm not trying to get rid of them...just trying to figure out when is the best time to use the kids clubs....what do you do???

Your show will be at about 6:15 / 6:30PM. I would recomend to leave them in the club when the club goes for dinner at about 5PM. Then pick them up to take to the show and drop them back off after the show so you can eat.

If your kids are like most you will have trouble getting them to leave the club. So you may not have any issues.

If that dosen't fit your needs there are fast food available on deck nine all day and I am sure the kids would be happy with this.

What we did was go to deck nine and share some food at about 4 or 5 PM. Then we would go to the show and dinner together as a family. So you see there are many options available to you. I am sure you will discover what will work best for you.

Whatever you opt for enjoy your cruise.

What we did was about 4:30-5:00 either pick up food on deck 9 or order room service. (Room service can take a little while so bulid in time) Then we would head back to the room to rest a little and shower. The kids would eat their dinner (in the state room) and we would get ready. Then get them ready. Then off to the show. The kids would go to kids club. Sometimes they would join us for dessert.
I never knew that you could get food at Beach Blanket. I wonder if you could get a try and bring it back to the room.

Beach Blanket is not opened the first or last night of the 3 and 4 night cruises for dinner. It is open 6:30 - 8:30 the other nights, which would not work if you wanted to attend the early show.

The early show is from about 6:15 to about 7. You can go to deck 9 for food after the shows.

What you do with the kids really depends on your preferences. THere's no reason that they can't go to the show with you and to dinner with you. If that is your plan, get them something to eat from deck 9 or from room service about 4-5 pm so that they're not starving before dinner. If they get bored or don't want to behave during dinner, you can take them to the Club. Your 2 year old will most likely be in Flounder's, so you'd need reservations for that.

My schedule (at least for the first day) would be to get a snack after the safety drill, then go with kids to the show at 6:15. There are family activities between the main show and dinner--do those if you want. Then go to dinner with the kids. If you want to do evening activities, take older child to the Club after dinner. Maybe plan a nap after boarding before the safety drill!

If this doesn't work for you, you can change the schedule for the other nights.

I just spent a week with a 3 year old and 2nd seating. We would feed him on deck 9 or from room service at around 5:30, then take him to the 6:15 show. After that he would beg to go to Flounders, so we would leave him there from 7:30 - 10:00 every night so we could enjoy a quiet dinner alone. Worked out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter