Kid's Club - Register/Check-in?

clovely

Mouseketeer
I've registered my kids online. I've read posts that mention checking in at the terminal. The D SEA U list of activities (posted with Navigators) says "Participation Confirmation" from 12:30-3:15 and again from 4:30-6:00. On those it says "come register your child for a fun-filled cruise of oceaneer fun!"

So do I have to register or check-in or confirm all those times? If we check them in before we board, is that sufficient? I'd like to stop by sometime that first day just to let them check it out. But there aren't really any activities I'm planning to take them to until the second day - would it be OK, after checking in at the terminal, to just show up the next day for specific activities on the schedule?

To check in at the terminal, is there a separate desk? I assume it will be obvious where to do this?

Thanks!!

The "check-in" is when you get the wristbands for the kids and the pager for you. You can wait and just check them in the second day but especially if you have small children, I would check them in either at the terminal or the first afternoon or evening since they get their wristbands which will enable any crew member to locate you should they "wander off".

Others may have additional suggestions.

I highly recommend checking them in at the terminal. Then you have it done with. It gets very crowded in the kids club area once on board.

The check-in area in the port is in the back, to the right of where you get on the boat. You will see some counselors waving folks with kids to come on down. They look the kids up in the computer, verify the password you set up when you registered them, then put a wristband on them. They need to keep these on all week. (We actually kept them on an extra three days after the cruise, while we were in WDW, as an ID bracelet!).

You can also get the kids club Navigators there. Since we had about an hour before boarding the ship, we went ahead and highlighted the activities the kids wanted to do.

The first day on board, the club is only open for families to come check it out, or to register/check in. There are no organized activities and you shouldn't be dropping off your child. It's good opportunity to meet some of the councelors and check out the place yourself, and in my case, show DD4 where the bathrooms are! It really got my DDs excited about the club.

What about concierge level? Should I wait to register my son with the concierge reception or just get it done in the terminal?

If there is a line in the terminal, why stand in it? I would wait until the reception.

2munchkins said:
I highly recommend checking them in at the terminal. Then you have it done with. It gets very crowded in the kids club area once on board.

We have always had the opposite, the line in the teminal has been huge but in the club we were able to be in and out in a matter of minutes registering all 4 children. ( we always pre register online )

Disneyfan,

Yes, you can register your kids online at DCL's official site. Same place where you can make spa appointments, Palo ressies and book excursions.

Once your kids are registered, you can pick up pagers and wrist bracelets either at the Port or on the ship. Very simple process.

If you preregister online and then want to do the final check in at the port, is the signup table ready when the port opens? We always tend to be one of the fist to arrive at the terminal so it would be nice to get it out of the way early.

Yes it is. :) We just walked right up after checking in...2nd in the CC line for that. We were done by 10:45.

We were allowed in the terminal soon after 10 am & were checked in for the cruise at 10:35 am. We went over to the kid's club check in after that. We were on board before noon.

If you pre-register for the kids' clubs on line, there is a separate line in the terminal just for those people. While there was a large line to register kids in person, there was absolutely waiting for those just confirming and receiving pagers! SO easy!

Guys,
This is my first cruise with Disney. My dd will turn 4 on the cruise. Can someone comment on the safety of the kids clubs? I'm sure they are safe but I guess I'm hoping to hear the counselors are nice college-aged girls who are very responsible :rolleyes:

All of the CMs in the clubs have college degrees in childcare/education majors. There are equal numbers of men & women working in the clubs. You need to sign the young kids in & have to know the password for them in order to sign them out. I feel completely comfortable leaving either of our kids there.

Quick question. My son will be 13, will he need to wear a bracelet like his 8 year old sister? I know he will be going to the stack and the new area. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter