• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids club question?

Goofy Groupie

Earning My Ears
Do they ever let a kid move up a group for the kids clubs? Our DS will be almost 8 and is very athletic and mature. The idea of him being in the oceaneer club and not the lab is odd. His sister is 4 and we also wanted to keep them apart (to him, she is a baby). He has also seen the cruise DVD is gets excited when he sees the things from the lab. So, do they ever let a kid move up, or is it strict and they must be 8?

On the 3-day, they were perfectly happy to let my daughter move up (she was 7 1/2, and pretty mature), and in fact they were the ones to suggest that she might rather do that after her first night in the Club. But, they did want her to pick one or the other, and not keep moving back and forth. We let her go up to the lab for one activity (which also worked nicely timing-wise) but she decided that she actually preferred the club a bit (she liked climbing around on the playset there, even if it was a bit on the small side).

I got the impression that they are pretty flexible about it, but that could have just been the group we had.

They are very flexible with this even though the "official" rule is that the child must be within one month of their birthday to move up. We were offered to have our 6 yo move up to be with her 8 yo brother one cruise without even asking. The 3-4 yos and 5-7 yos are not together very much though. I would look over the activities listed in the navigators with your DS and see which group looks more interesting to him. They will allow them to move once but they must stick with that choice and cannot bounce back and forth for different activities. The navigators are linked in the DIS DCL FAQ thread that is linked in my signature. :)

I am doing this this saturday for our trip. when I booked I was told it would be no problem. just go to the kids club and have it changed when on board. she is only four months away from eight and all the other kids on our cruise are in the lab. I was told disney would not want to spoil my vacation or my duaghters. good to hear that it actually was true from the other posts. happy sailings

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter