• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids club question: Dream vs. Wonder

P.I.G.mommy

Mouseketeer
We went on a 3 night cruise on the Dream last April and my kids LOVED the kids clubs there. We are planning our next cruise for this coming March with friends, and they chose to sail on the Wonder for a 5 night Caribbean cruise.

Will our kids be disappointed in the kids clubs on the Wonder after experiencing the more updated version on the Dream?

Are there any other major differences that we will notice that will be a let down? I think I will enjoy this cruise just as much as the last one, but I am still wondering about such an old ship...I know there is only 1 small kids slide, correct?

We went on a 3 night cruise on the Dream last April and my kids LOVED the kids clubs there. We are planning our next cruise for this coming March with friends, and they chose to sail on the Wonder for a 5 night Caribbean cruise.

Will our kids be disappointed in the kids clubs on the Wonder after experiencing the more updated version on the Dream?

Are there any other major differences that we will notice that will be a let down? I think I will enjoy this cruise just as much as the last one, but I am still wondering about such an old ship...I know there is only 1 small kids slide, correct?

Hi! I am a current CM on the Wonder. The only major differences are that we do not have magic play floors, the layout of the spaces and that the Children cannot transition between the Club/Lab alone. There will generally be less children which means less waiting for what they want. A lot of the programs are very similar.

There is one slide out by the Mickey pool. We do not have the Aquaduck.

I hope you enjoy your cruise on the Wonder :)

Hi! I am a current CM on the Wonder. The only major differences are that we do not have magic play floors, the layout of the spaces and that the Children cannot transition between the Club/Lab alone. There will generally be less children which means less waiting for what they want. A lot of the programs are very similar.

There is one slide out by the Mickey pool. We do not have the Aquaduck.

I hope you enjoy your cruise on the Wonder :)

Thanks for answering my question:)

Do the CM's in the kids clubs walk them from the club to the lab, or do the parents have to come down and take them from one to the other?

How does the rest of the ship compare? I know its a lot older, but does the wear and tear show? How are the adult areas?

Thanks for answering my question:)

Do the CM's in the kids clubs walk them from the club to the lab, or do the parents have to come down and take them from one to the other?

How does the rest of the ship compare? I know its a lot older, but does the wear and tear show? How are the adult areas?

You're welcome :) yes 2 CMs will walk the children back and forth. Those of us on the Wonder love it. Not because of what it looks like but because with less guests onboard we really get to know you and can help make your cruise magical in more meaningful ways that are particular to each guest.

The ship is still beautiful and very well kept. You will not be disappointed :)

So excited to be back on the wonder. We've been on the dream and magic multiple times the last few years but it's been a long time since weve been on the wonder. One of the best parts or the magic and wonder is being able to get to know the amazing CMs better. I imagine the clubs don't have some of the spiffy new things the magic got or are standard on the dream and fantasy but there's something special to us about the classic ships. The 'classic' Oceaneer club will all ways have a special place in our heart as it seems like our kids grew up there haha. Sailing on Halloween this year can't wait

Does the Wonder have the old style pirate ship decor still (I hope?) and do they offer the newer programs like Avengers Academy on the reimagined Magic? TIA. . .

Does the Wonder have the old style pirate ship decor still (I hope?) and do they offer the newer programs like Avengers Academy on the reimagined Magic? TIA. . .

Hi :) yes the Oceaneers Club is still Captain Hook's ship. Unfortunately we don't have the Avengers Academy but we do have a program called Boys Chill where we run ninja school for the kids which is heaps of fun :)

Last year we did a 3 night on the Dream, just like you. I also had some concerns about the kids clubs when I booked an Alaskan cruise on the Wonder. My kids (almost 8 DS and 10 DD) LOVED the clubs on the Dream and I was afraid the Wonder wouldn't measure up.

We just got off the Wonder on Aug. 11th and I have to say my kids actually liked the kids clubs on the Wonder better. Like a PP said, they're not connected, but CMs walk them back and forth. My kids did not miss all the extra bells and whistles that the clubs on the Dream has and they spent every moment they could in the Club or Lab on our recent cruise.

The Wonder has some of the same programs, like The Piston Cup, Pluto's Pajama Party, making flubber and Ratatouille's Cooking School. The Club has a Peter Pan themed area with a pirate ship to climb and play on, while the Lab is flashier with more video games and electronics. My son spent most of his time in the Lab, while DD floated back and forth, depending on which organized activity she wanted to do. There were no complaints or disappointed comparisons to the Dream.

On the other hand, I found myself comparing the Dream and Wonder a lot. Not a fair comparison, but I did end up liking the Wonder better.

My son will love the pirate theme when we go on the Wonder in just under 2 weeks. (He is a big Jake fan).

He's 4. I'm sure he'll make himself known. (as a side note, he only just started getting the hang of potty training, so I apologize in advance for any accidents, he gets distracted when he is excited.)

I have a 5 and 6 year old and we just did the Dream in July. While the kids club was really cool, I think my boys found it too overwhelming. It was huge and busy and a lot going on. They would go in for about an hour and then be ready to leave.

I am actually looking forward to the Wonder this fall because I think they will like it better and feel more comfortable in the smaller space.

I think your kids will have a blast. While the clubs on the Wonder are not as "updated" as the ones on the Dream, the level of interaction your kids get from the CMs more than makes up for any missing technology.

The Wonder and Magic have always been DD's favorite for that reason alone.

We had the same experience on the Fantasy, while both DS' enjoyed the kids club, they didn't participate in any activities and didn't really interact with the councillors. I am looking forward to the smaller club on the Wonder this fall because I'm hoping they'll be interested in the activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter