Kids' club online registration

mrsgthatsme

Mouseketeer
If my kids are not planning on attending any of the kids' club activities other than the Open House times is there any reason I should complete the registration for them online? I figured there was no point to having the wrist bands issued and needing to keep track of the bands if we didnt anticipate using them to check kids in. Wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking any other reason to do the registration. Thanks!

No, there's no reason to complete it, but I'd still recommend completing the online registration in case your kids change their minds and want to attend the Club/Lab. You don't have to pick up the bands in the port terminal. You can take care of that on board at the Club/Lab if your children decide to attend.

Have your kids been on a DCL cruise before and not liked the Club?

No, there's no reason to complete it, but I'd still recommend completing the online registration in case your kids change their minds and want to attend the Club/Lab. You don't have to pick up the bands in the port terminal. You can take care of that on board at the Club/Lab if your children decide to attend.

Have your kids been on a DCL cruise before and not liked the Club?
Thanks for the advice. No, this is their first DCL cruise... I'm sure the clubs are great, but we are just doing a 4 day and really want to spend the time as a family rather than in separate places.

If you are absolutely sure the kids won't be checked in, you don't need to complete registration. However, if you want to check the kids into the Club/Lab (for example, if they make a friend at dinner who tells them about really cool stuff happening there) it will be quicker if their information is already entered. As Maggie's Mom said, you can register in advance but not pick up a wristband until you need it. If the kids are young, having a wristband will also help a castmember locate you if a child gets lost.

I third that you should get them registered beforehand just in case.

It's nice to be able to drop off the kids just for an hour or two while you explore the adult areas of the ship. Or to drop the kids off at the club on the last night so you can pack up the room.

I think it's worth doing the online registration just in case - chances are, there will be at least on special activity they hear about and want to attend, or at least one time that you are doing something "boring" that the kids don't want to do.

The bands can also help in case your children get lost on the ship. I know that's a worst case scenario but it gives me extra comfort as a mom to know that a CM can quickly figure out who they belong to with their band on.

If my kids are not planning on attending any of the kids' club activities other than the Open House times is there any reason I should complete the registration for them online? I figured there was no point to having the wrist bands issued and needing to keep track of the bands if we didnt anticipate using them to check kids in. Wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking any other reason to do the registration. Thanks!

Just to kind of add to what others have said, I'd probably register them "just in case". We did a 4 day cruise as well but my DD was DYING to be at kids club all of the time! We ended up dropping her off several times throughout the cruise, even just for a couple of hours and DH and I would go grab a drink and watch some football in the pub and then double back to grab her. We still had PLENTY of family time but it was the perfect trip b/c we all had an equally good time together and apart :)

Just to kind of add to what others have said, I'd probably register them "just in case". We did a 4 day cruise as well but my DD was DYING to be at kids club all of the time! We ended up dropping her off several times throughout the cruise, even just for a couple of hours and DH and I would go grab a drink and watch some football in the pub and then double back to grab her. We still had PLENTY of family time but it was the perfect trip b/c we all had an equally good time together and apart :)

This. I wanted lots of family time to, but my son was begging to go to the kids club. Once I relented, we were able to have some really nice adult time too. It’s a win win. Looking back, I wish I’d let him spend more time in there than we did. He LOVED it, and we still Would have had plenty of family time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter