Kids Club / Nursery Question

AboutAMouse

Earning My Ears
Evening All! I have a question on the kids clubs / nursery (on any of the ships, just looking for some general knowledge!).

A friend of mine is thinking of taking her family on a Disney cruise. He oldest has autism (he's almost 2.5 right now) and she's wondering how the kids club staff are with kids with special needs?

If anyone has any insight that would be greatly appreciated!

Evening All! I have a question on the kids clubs / nursery (on any of the ships, just looking for some general knowledge!).

A friend of mine is thinking of taking her family on a Disney cruise. He oldest has autism (he's almost 2.5 right now) and she's wondering how the kids club staff are with kids with special needs?

If anyone has any insight that would be greatly appreciated!

At 2 and a half he would be in the nursery. To use the Oceaneers Club/Lab a child must be 3 and fully potty-trained. While the CMs there will do their best at helping him im the club, there are no assigned CMs to assist special needs children. There are Open Houses during the day (usually 1 or 2 hours once or twice a day in either the Club or Lab) that an adult (parent) may accompany him into the club to participate if that would work for them.

Other than that, during Secured Programming hours, only the DCL CMs are allowed in the Club/Lab with the kids.

:cutie:

Your friend will find a lot of info on the Dis-abilites section of the boards.

The staff is quite good with special needs kids, with certain restrictions. They cannot provide one on one care, they cannot violate the age restrictions (a special needs 14 year old cannot be in the Lab). As above, to participate in the OC, a child must be FULLY toilet trained. That means able to handle all clothing and hand washing himself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter