kids club close early on last night?

texasthree

DIS Veteran
On a 4 day wonder cruise does the kids club close early on the last night. I thought I read that somewhere about the magic. I booked palo for the last night thinking I was so smart doing it the very last night and now I am wondering if I made an error?????

I know my son was in the lab until closing - either 12 or 1, it did vary - I usually had to wait up to bring him back to the cabin
I think Palo on the last night is a great way to end the cruise - just let your servers know you'll be going
Barb

We just returned from the 4 day Wonder cruise (yesterday!!!) Kids club was open until midnight. The only thing we really liked was going to the 'farewell party' we went thru all the characters and got pictures and signatures. We really enjoyed it. It was at 10pm.

Oh I wouldn't miss the Farewell party! Especially if you have kids! My DD and I both ended up crying at the end.
DJ

I'm so glad to hear that! I did too! I had to stand away from my family so they wouldn't tease me about it. I also teared up when they stood there waving with their big mickey hands as we left the ship.

Such good memories!!!

I think that the big issue recently with the kid's club is that they are not open for drop offs on the first night. Only the kids who have permission to sign themselves out can check themselves in without their parents staying.

lbgraves said:
I think that the big issue recently with the kid's club is that they are not open for drop offs on the first night. Only the kids who have permission to sign themselves out can check themselves in without their parents staying.

Lisa--

Can you explain that a bit more? When we were on the Wonder in November, we dropped the kids off the first night with no problems. Is this a change in policy?

I'm not Lisa, but on the first night, they were not open until around 7. According to the navigator, from 12:30-3:15 they had 'family time' which would have been fine, but we were not able to even get ON the boat until after 3. Then from 3:15-4:30 the boat drill. From 4:30-6:30 was the participation confirmation. Then it opened at 7 for 'invading the club'. Of course, then it was time for us to get ready for dinner. Granted, DD could have gone there instead of dinner with us but we really wanted her to have dinner with us. She finally went around 10:30 that evening and was of course tired but she really wanted to go see it and we thought if she didn't go the first day she may not want to go at all. Hope that helps!

I have dinner booked at 8:30, how long does dinner at palo take? Is it possible to do it in 1.5 hours?
Thanks for all the responses. I am glad I misunderstood the early club closing. I dont want to miss palo.

Enna said:
Lisa--

Can you explain that a bit more? When we were on the Wonder in November, we dropped the kids off the first night with no problems. Is this a change in policy?

The Wonder allows kids to be dropped off the first night. The Magic does not. It is all an open house time and those kids who do not have sign out privs, have to have a parent with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter