• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids club bracelet pics

Wow, those are huge. My son will have major issues wearing that--it has taken forever for him to acclimate to wearing his allergy bracelet.

What would he say if he were told "no bracelet/band, no Lab"?

Maybe the lure of the Lab would be enough to entice him to get used to the idea?

Ex Techie :)

What would he say if he were told "no bracelet/band, no Lab"?

Maybe the lure of the Lab would be enough to entice him to get used to the idea?

He likely would say "no problem" and would gladly skip going to the lab in favor of spending time with me. :) I'm blessed, he adores me and loves to spend time with me.

When he goes into Children's Hospital they've finally learned they can't put his Hospital bracelet onto his wrist because he detests it SO much that he manages to wriggle out of it no matter how tight they make it--he must have spaghetti for bones! Somehow putting it on his ankle makes it more difficult for him though.

I suspect he'll either choose not to go into the Lab at all or else we'll be among those parents who are cutting the bracelet off quite frequently. I'm just glad we have that option.

If you think it will bother them then just cut it off and have it put back on when you take them into the club. My DD could care less about going to the club so I just kept it in my purse the whole time in case she decided she wanted to go. Just don't lose it because it will cost $50.00 if you do.

Yes some kids might hate them. They can also make them a little loose that way the kids can take them off when they want to. Please keep in mind that these will be a faster way to locate your child in case they get lost!

Very true! When we were on the Dream, I overheard a CM telling a frantic mother that they would be able to find out what part of the ship her lost daughter was located because she was wearing her bracelet.

Both my granddaughters wore these during their cruise in November 2010 and while I thought there might be issues, there weren't any at all. They were 5 and 3 and had them on the entire time. We really thought the 3 yo would hate it, but the girls never gave it a second thought. They switched off and on between the 2 clubs, but only together. Once the 5 yo went to the lab and little sister was left at the club and missed big sister. After that the 2 switched whenever they wanted to, but always together. We are preparing for their second cruise in 2 months, and they both are looking forward to it again. The wristband was just not an issue for either of the girls.

My son wore his on his ankle for our 11-night cruise and didn't take it off until the bracelet was just too worn near the end of the cruise. It didn't bother him. My girls would take theirs off nightly and we would just have them print up a new band each visit. They are bulky but not as big of a deal as I was thinking they would be.

DS was just telling me the other night that the only thing he isn't looking forward to on our upcoming cruise is the kid's club wristband, LOL. I might suggest the ankle for him this time or just cut it off if it bothers him too much. After 7 days on the Dream (they let him keep it on between the B2B cruises), after he took it off, we discovered that it gave him a pretty nasty rash.

This is a question I've been meaning to ask for clarification so I appreciate reading all the input everyone has given. We aren't sure if our DS (will be 8.5 when we cruise) will go to the kids club. He is just as content being with us - only child - but he knows he can if we wants to. I was planning on registering him, just in case but had a question about the GPS locator. I actually remember reading the GPS locator did *not* work outside the kids club. It sounds like others are saying it *will* work outside the kids clubs or elsewhere on the ship. Honestly if it does work elsewhere on the ship I'm more inclined to see if he wants to wear it for security purposes in addition to the off chance he decided he wants to drop in the kids club. ;)

Thanks in advance,
Heather

This is a question I've been meaning to ask for clarification so I appreciate reading all the input everyone has given. We aren't sure if our DS (will be 8.5 when we cruise) will go to the kids club. He is just as content being with us - only child - but he knows he can if we wants to. I was planning on registering him, just in case but had a question about the GPS locator. I actually remember reading the GPS locator did *not* work outside the kids club. It sounds like others are saying it *will* work outside the kids clubs or elsewhere on the ship. Honestly if it does work elsewhere on the ship I'm more inclined to see if he wants to wear it for security purposes in addition to the off chance he decided he wants to drop in the kids club. ;)

Thanks in advance,
Heather

The kids club bracelet (Mickey band) does not have GPS. It has RFID in it and when it passes a certain point, like the gates of the clubs, it registers that bracelet entered or exited. That is it. Kinda like a library book if the system registers it has been returned. There are no GPS devices for the kids to wear to see where they are on the ship. They do have the WAVE phones, which are like old cell phones. There are 2 in the room, so you son could hold onto one and you the other. You can call or text him on it at any time. However, if that phone is lost there is a $250 fine, so I would only leave it with him if you really trust him not to lose it.

Yikes! I can't get over how bulky they are. Did it bother your kids or did they not notice much? I'm afraid my DD will put up a fuss. Seven days is a long time to wear that. Anyone know if you can put it on their leg?

Thanks for the pic!

We always put it on our ydd's ankle and then take a pair of scissors w/ us to cut it off each night. Just make sure if you cut it off to take it w/ you the next time you check them into the kids' club b/c they'll have to run a new bracelet for him and reattach it to his ankle/wrist.

HTHs!:thumbsup2

The kids club bracelet (Mickey band) does not have GPS. It has RFID in it and when it passes a certain point, like the gates of the clubs, it registers that bracelet entered or exited. That is it. Kinda like a library book if the system registers it has been returned. There are no GPS devices for the kids to wear to see where they are on the ship. They do have the WAVE phones, which are like old cell phones. There are 2 in the room, so you son could hold onto one and you the other. You can call or text him on it at any time. However, if that phone is lost there is a $250 fine, so I would only leave it with him if you really trust him not to lose it.
Well that explains it and makes perfect sense! :thumbsup2.

Thanks for the explanation and if your ticker is correct ~ have a wonderful cruise!!! :cool1:

Heather

Just posting to agree with the PP about the bracelets not having GPS. My daughter was lost on a 2010 Wonder cruise and all it did was tell us whether she was in a club or not.

She had ran out of our midship deck 6 room ahead of us (we were on the way to take her to the club on deck 5). Well she ran up the stairs not down. I went to the club asap and all they could tell me was she wasn't in one of the clubs. After about 5 minutes of calling around she noticed that she was checked into the lab (a CM found her on deck 8 looking for help).

So in short, it won't help you find your child if they are lost:)

Just posting to agree with the PP about the bracelets not having GPS. My daughter was lost on a 2010 Wonder cruise and all it did was tell us whether she was in a club or not.

She had ran out of our midship deck 6 room ahead of us (we were on the way to take her to the club on deck 5). Well she ran up the stairs not down. I went to the club asap and all they could tell me was she wasn't in one of the clubs. After about 5 minutes of calling around she noticed that she was checked into the lab (a CM found her on deck 8 looking for help).

So in short, it won't help you find your child if they are lost:)

I think that's Disney's policy with any lost children to take them to the lab or kids club and then contact the parents from there.

I think that's Disney's policy with any lost children to take them to the lab or kids club and then contact the parents from there.

It is indeed.
Any CM (apart from the YAC's) that find a lost child are instructed to contact the YAC's and have them come collect the child.
Either that CM that found the child with another YAC, or two YAC's should collect the child and take them back to the Club or Lab and from there the Parent's or Guardian's are contacted if registered, and if not, then the Parent's or Guardian's are informed once they contact the CM's their child is missing to collect the child from the Club or Lab.

how tightly are these things attached? DD has excema and it gets especially bad if liquid gets trapped under rings or bracelets. it would need it to be loose enough that I can dry under it if she is going to wear it the whole cruise. otherwise I will have to cut it off every time it gets wet.

Has anyone tried cutting off the bracelet and putting the device in/on a lanyard? I like the idea of having my kids with ID everwhere but agree with others that it seems cumbersome. My girls wear lanyards at the park so that would be pretty easy.

Has anyone tried cutting off the bracelet and putting the device in/on a lanyard? I like the idea of having my kids with ID everwhere but agree with others that it seems cumbersome. My girls wear lanyards at the park so that would be pretty easy.

It completely defeats the object of a child "being tagged" if they could simply take a lanyard off unfortunately.

As cumbersome as they are, they are as small as Disney could have made them and still work, so I guess the kid's just have to get used to them, (get used to wearing a watch or the like) and if they really won't wear them, then avoid the Club or Lab. As other's have said, when they are not in the Club or Lab then you can cut them off, and princessmom29, they will put it on as tightly as needed to stop it falling off accidentally, but banging up and down may cause a sore. I'm sure the YAC's know how to put them on so they won't cause your daughter any irritation, or have some tip's and idea's to help you if you ask them! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

DS 8 and DD 6 wore them without problems on their wrists when we went on the Dream last month. The CM who put one on my daughter made it a bit looser for her because she complained it was a bit tight. So if you want a little more "breathing" room, you can request that.

My kids loved the clubs, so having the bracelet around their wrist was easier than having them lift their leg anytime they wanted to go into the clubs. But as other posters have mentioned, cutting it off is always an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter