• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids club at Animal Kingdom Lodge

akmr01

Earning My Ears
Was just wondering can you make reservations at the kids club at animal kingdom 180 days in advance or do you have to wait until you are in resort?

You can make them at 180 days thru Disney dining.You do not need to be a guest of the resort, nor already checked in.Children must be ages 3-12 and POTTY trained.Price is $11.25 per hr/ per child.Hours are from 430p-12a

Just making sure- they can be 3 if potty trained? If so that is GREAT news. Everything I read said 4-12

Edit- sure enough WDW site says 3-12

Has anyone every taken their 3 yr old there? She would be with her 6 yr old brother

Do you need to make reservations that far in advance? Ill be there in July and thought about letting the girls hang out for a couple hours, but Im not that organized to know when? :(

Do you need to make reservations that far in advance? Ill be there in July and thought about letting the girls hang out for a couple hours, but Im not that organized to know when? :(

Maybe:confused3 If you had plans for a special dinner than I would make reservations but if you were flexible as to when they went and hung out than I would not worry about.

I don't know if it fills up because I have not used it.

My two boys, 4 & 5, said that Simba's Cubhouse was their favorite part of our vacation. I was like "really? because we just spent $5k on a trip to Disney world and you had just as much fun in a few rooms that look just like your room at daycare?!?!??!" They didn't want to leave.

Hi. Does Simba's Cubhouse offer dinner for the children? Thinking of having the girls go there while we are at Jiko's. If so do you happen to know what they offer? Thanks

My two boys, 4 & 5, said that Simba's Cubhouse was their favorite part of our vacation. I was like "really? because we just spent $5k on a trip to Disney world and you had just as much fun in a few rooms that look just like your room at daycare?!?!??!" They didn't want to leave.

My son, then three (almost four) said the same thing about Neverland Club at Poly on our trip last December, calling it "my play place." My husband and I had same reaction as you guys. :)

:lmao:

Hi. Does Simba's Cubhouse offer dinner for the children? Thinking of having the girls go there while we are at Jiko's. If so do you happen to know what they offer? Thanks

Yes, your children are fed. All the info about the kids clubs can be found on the Disney website.

Our girls went two years ago and had the best evening there. DH and I had a nice dinner out and the girls had fun too. We were staying at AKL so it was even more convenient for us. By our next trip DD10 will be too old for the Kids Clubs. Glad we're going on DCL next June so she can have fun with kids her age!

If you know you need the care, I would make the ressie since you can always cancel. We have used the Kids clubs twice, the Sandcastle Club at BC and the Cubs Den at WL. While my daughter LOVED the Sandcastle, she was the only kids at the Cubs Den and did not have fun. Since we did the drop off for a grown-up night out and so my DD could have fun with other kids, we will only use the in the future if we know other kids are registered.

Thanks for letting us know the kids loved it! That helps make our decision to send our two there!

We had dinner at Jiko & went back to pick DD about 2 hours later. She literally told us to go away and come back later -- She was busy. :confused3 Okkkaaayyy. :rotfl: We went and had a drink at the bar and came back about an hour later. Very relaxing evening & she talked about it all week.

Enjoy!

That is EXACTLY what we were thinking about doing. DD will be 3 when we go in January, and she is potty trained. We are staying at AKL so DH and I were thinking about leaving the kids (DS will be 6) at Simba's and going to Jiko for our FIRST dinner in WDW without kids :)

Ours stayed at the Sand Castle club and responded the same way- favorite part of the vacation and wanted to go back- ugh :confused3 Maybe I should forget charactermeals and just book the kids there every night :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter