"Kids By The Dozen" - The Jeub Family

I am a firm believer in God only gives us what we can handle -- guess these people can handle a whole lot more than me! THANK YOU GOD!!!!! (I only have 2)

Hi Robin, this is actually the quote I was refering to.

What I say is all my opinion. I am not on the Disboard to try to defend my parenting style. I never said I was a perfect parent. I also didn't go on national T.V. with my family either. As I already said, I have nothing against large families, If they can affrord them. They can have 20 kids for all I care. I am just stating how I feel about what I want to be able to give my kids in life. And that I don't think I'm off the mark in saying that somewhere down the line those kids don't wonder whats its like to go out to dinner, have new shoes, a birthday party of their own. Maybe they won't, but looking at what happended to the oldest child, I guessing they will. Just MY opinion

My apologies on the Sam's club quote--that was another family that I saw on the series the night before. They did spend $1300 for their once per month trip.

And when they show a family of 12 where the mom is a drug addicted floozy, then you can compare....but obviously these families are handling it. They do have books on how to live quiet frugally so there are many households that CHOOSE to live that way b/c why spend $50 on a pair of jeans if you can get the same or similar pair from Goodwill for $1. Some might think that is a horrible thing...but perhaps he is just wise with his money

Hand me downs and second hand goods are not the end of the world and actually are better for the environment than shopping sales at the local Wal-mart.

Birthdays---really...that is a big deal to have to "share" the day.

I know a family where by however it happened (naturally and with no inductions) they have 3 or 4 kids whose birthdays are all on the same day. I guess we should call child services on them. :sad2: It is very sad that all these families are judged so harshly b/c of their size. One might be suited to look at their own family from that POV to see how awful of a parent they are....and when you can proclaim yourself a perfect parent...you have room to talk.

Until then, you are no better or no worse than these parents are aren't doing anything wrong.

Now who is being hyperbolic? Almost no one has said they should not be able to do this or we should stop them, many of just think having a litter of children is not a good thing. Certainly they should not be appluaded having one baby after another.

As for judging them, when they choose to put themselves on TV, or pimp the kids for political and/or financial gain like the Duggars, then every tv viewer has room to talk and critique, just like we would any tv program.

As for judging them, when they choose to put themselves on TV, or pimp the kids for political and/or financial gain like the Duggars, then every tv viewer has room to talk and critique, just like we would any tv program.

Well said :)

You missed the other part of the quote--you keep saying the parents are "absent". YOu haven't demonstrated that. And since you don't care to talk--it just shows that you are truly exaggerating b/c they don't fit your ideal of what a family should be and anything over X # of kids is automatically criminal.

Oh please. :rolleyes: Just because I don't want to go around and around on this is not proof that I'm exaggerating anything. If anybody is exaggerating it's the folks who must think these parents can slow down, or even stop time.

Anyway, I simply don't want to do this anymore on this subject. See the the other threads I linked to for what you are looking for. I'm probably not the only one who doesn't feel like repeating themself.

I just don't understand why everybody feels it is their place to judge these families -- but then again I also don't understand why these families let themselves be put in a place to be judged -- oh wait a minute could it be $$$$

$$$$$ = Bingo. Including all the free stuff they get beyond the original contract.

As for judging, we do it all the time to protect the interests of the children involved. Pretty sure each area has a DSHS like group that is always busy.

Hi Robin, this is actually the quote I was refering to.

Here are just some places where I get the basis of my belief, sorry if you don't buy it, I AM NOT ashamed of it
John 16:32, 33
Hebrews 13:5b,6.
Philippians 4:13
James 1:2-4,12.
1 Corinthians 10:13
Philippians 4:13
2 Peter 1:3-4

And if you don't believe this -- 5 doctors in 3 different states told me I couldn't have children... 3 years after this I had my beautiful son. They then told me I couldn't have any more children -- 6 years late I had a beautiful little girl.

My dear friend was told she could not have any children... she was able to adopt 3 beautiful children, 1 severely handicapped, she is blessed to be able to stay home to care for these children.

When they built there home and finally came close to finishing it, a designer was brought in by TLC. She took all the kids into the dining room and interviewed them away from their parents. The boys room happened to be over the playroom, so one of the little boys requested a slide to get down there. It wasn't part of the original design and was an interior decorator element that was added in (and since the walls were not finished, it was easy to add it into the design).

Someone on the thread mentioned a rumor that the boys get a slide to the playroom (fun) and the girls got a slide to the laundry room (work). There isn't a spot for a slide entry into the laundry room and the girls have no quick exit in their room to downstairs. It just was meant to add fuel to the fire of the sexist nature of the family (both rooms got lofts btw).

I looked at the thread and only one person mentioned it, but i didn't look through the whole thing. They wanted to know if it was true and based on teh show I saw...it wasn't.
Thanks for the explanation! That must be every little kids dream! The slide to the playroom I mean. My kids would go nuts for something like that, heck just for a slide in the house at all.

Here are just some places where I get the basis of my belief, sorry if you don't buy it, I AM NOT ashamed of it
I don't want to turn this into a religious debate ... but quoting scripture is like preaching to the choir. The only ones who will read it would have read it anyway, LOL. I don't think anyone here thinks you should be ASHAMED of your beliefs. Some of us just believe something else.

PS: I am glad that you have 2 kids after what I can assume was extended infertility. I am sure they bring you much joy.

And you should not be ashamed of your beliefs, just as I am not ashamed of mine. You are very lucky, and that is wonderful, but that doesn't happen to everyone. And in my opinion it is not because God didn't want them to have children. There is a young woman in my town who who is maybe 25, she has 5 children. She is a drug addict and all 5 of her children are with either relatives or in foster care. She is pregnant again, do you think that God thougth she could hadle that? Do you think that teenager girl who gave birth at the prom and then killed her newborn was blessed with that baby because God thought she could handle it? But the parents who desperatly want a child but cannot concieve could not?
Really, I don't want to get into a religious debate on my wonderful Disney chat board. think we all have our own opinions and beliefs and thats great. I need to go get my babies up form their naps :goodvibes Have a good day!

And you should not be ashamed of your beliefs, just as I am not ashamed of mine. You are very lucky, and that is wonderful, but that doesn't happen to everyone. And in my opinion it is not because God didn't want them to have children. There is a young woman in my town who who is maybe 25, she has 5 children. She is a drug addict and all 5 of her children are with either relatives or in foster care. She is pregnant again, do you think that God thougth she could hadle that? Do you think that teenager girl who gave birth at the prom and then killed her newborn was blessed with that baby because God thought she could handle it? But the parents who desperatly want a child but cannot concieve could not?
Really, I don't want to get into a religious debate on my wonderful Disney chat board. think we all have our own opinions and beliefs and thats great. I need to go get my babies up form their naps :goodvibes Have a good day!

Same here as to the debate but as to the girl in your town -- why do you assume that this girl has welcomed God into her life? You may be placing God where he wasn't wanted if that makes sense. I'll end it at that.

Same here as to the debate but as to the girl in your town -- why do you assume that this girl has welcomed God into her life? You may be placing God where he wasn't wanted if that makes sense. I'll end it at that.

Maybe she hasn't, but what about those innocent babies?

Maybe she hasn't, but what about those innocent babies?

Well, I guess we could keep going back and forth on this I could respond these babies could be adopted by those that can't conceive. then you would just respond back to me and so forth and so on.

This is not a perfect world and never will be. If it were perfect drug addicts wouldn't get pregnant. Parents wouldn't get divorced. Children would not be abused. Children wouldn't have untreatable illnesses. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I don't have the answers. I don't know why. DH's mother abandoned him at age 5 -- was this God's plan... whom am I to question.... you ask why would God do this to a 5 year old .. .I don't know. It may have made him a better father. I don't know.

If I had all the answers I guess I wouldn't be sitting here still in my pjs at 1:25 pm, drinking Diet Coke, chatting on this board instead of working like I'm supposed to be. Oops!!
:confused3 Have a good day!! :grouphug:

Why so offensive to this poster? The poster prefaced to anyone who is interested.

Offensive?

If anything was offensive in this thread IMO, it was this...

Offensive?

If anything was offensive in this thread IMO, it was this...

Offensive as meaning on the attack

And I guess my post was offensive to you because you are against anyone having an opinion different from your own. Again,my post was a response in explaination to the poster that criticized my belief. And was warranted and relevant regarding the poster who attacked my belief who used the example to attack my stated principle (which was originally stated without an example many days ago and was brought up today not by me) So why am I now the offensive person -- because I am a Christian or because I don't hide it or because I don't share the same belief as you or because I use the word God. Obviously, if one does not believe what some believe they should not post on this community board.

The poster that you responded to was not involved in the dialogue and prefaced his or her post with a FYI type beginning. If you weren't interested why not just leave it alone -- it seemed you responded just to start an argument.

Once again, if anybody is being offensive here, it's you.

How are you defining Offensive..

And let me say once again --- I made a simple statement of my belief when this thread started however many days ago. Today someday used that statement and said they totally disagreed with whoever said that. Then blah blah blah -- I didn't do anything .... then that person went and found that quote from all so many days ago, which IMHO , was inconsequential as all things go-- do you really care what I believe -- do you really give a fig? My quote was then posted in a way that challenged me to come forward because I had quoted another poster agreeing with her quote. I stood up and verified my belief. Now, I'm into this and why should I back down.

Why am I the offensive one? This is really backward. Someone can criticize and condemn my belief but when I try to defend or explain I am the offensive one. The only thing offensive that I could have possibly said is the word God --and if someone can say they don't believe in God and that not be offensive then how can me saying that I believe in God be offensive -- Moreover, I wonder if you would be finding so offensive someone that used a deity other than God in their post -- since you picked on Aquinus too who appears by the link to be (oh no) a Christian too.

I was defending my belief -- just as you do with yours. You take a position -- a response is given -- you retort. Why can't anyone else. And when they do why is that called offensive? I don't think anyone else would have backed down from standing up for something they believed in -- I don't think you should back down either. But I don't think it is right to attack people for offering their opinions either. As an American -- it is your right to have your beliefs and express your opinions. As an American -- it is my right too.

That said -- the topic of this thread is these huge families-- here is my opinion like it or not it is the right of these people to have however many children they want or can until our gov't decides to start putting a limit on it - (which would violate the US Constitution if the gov't ever did and every one of you would be screaming about that too)-- as long as none of us have to pay for their kids it is none of our business --- and until there is a trigger circumstance for DHS to get involved it is none of the business of the state-- really why should DHS monitor them -- do they monitor you & your family to see if you are a fit parent? Would I want 14 kids -no? But if somebody else does - that is none of my business.

Geez and I thought it said the Community Boards were supposed to be "Just for Fun" Back to Trip Planning I go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter