• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

***Kids Book Exchange Sent/Recieved***COMPLETED

Astrid said:
Can't see that my send out has been received yet but I suppose it's got further to go than the others :sunny:

Carys is really looking forward to receiving her exchange. :cheer2:

Yes, nothing yet, but I'm sure it will be there soon, :thumbsup2 and that Carys, will get her exchange anyday now also.

mommytotwo said:
Both Brandon and Shayla have recieved their packages today. Shayla is taking a nap, so I will post later on what she had recieved. But Brandon had gotten his exchange from-Elle-MickeyMamma's DD-
*Pooh's First Colors bathtub book
*Pooh's First Numbers bathtub book
*Farm Animals-we've lost our baby Turn and Learn book
*A cute little Sluggers cap
*2-101 Silly Sing-A-Long tapes. Brandon will love listening to these as well as his sister since they both enjoy music.

Thank you very much Elle for a great exchange. :woohoo:

Yeay! I am glad that it arrived. I was trying to keep the package light so it would get there fast. I figured you would have fun with the bathtub books since they were nice and colorful. The tapes are just fun. And the hat, well I always had a hat on my kids when they were tiny and with my DS it was almost always a baseball cap - figured you could use it with all the sun you get there.

Lucas got his exchange today!

He got sooo much stuff.

He got popcorn and carebear candies to munch on while looking at his books.
He got a Pooh book, Toy Story 2, Incredibles, ABC and Numbers Board Books. He kept yelling out each one as he pulled it out.
He also got 4 activity/coloring books, markers, and crayons...........he got a Sprintime Coloring Book, Pooh Pre-K Learning Book, Over the Hedge, and his absolute favorite..........Pokemon. Wherever did you find it? He's nuts about this stuff and it's not too popular anymore so hard to find.
And, he got a whole package ALL TO HIMSELF of Mickey Mouse stickers.

He sat down right in the middle of my big bed, surrounded himself with all his books and looked through each and every last one, coloring books included.

You did a REALLY great job, pixiedust32 and Ilse...........thanks!

PixieDust32 said:
Shawny received her exchange today from Katey, DD of PrincessParty, they send:

:) Cute Cinderella note

:) Hillary Duff pen :thumbsup2

:) High School Musical book :banana:

:) Cheetah Girls Notebook :yay:

:) Cheetah Girls 2 Book, "Cheetah Chatter" :woohoo:

:) Hannah Montana book, " Face off"

:) Popcorn Gum

:) Mini Flashlight Key chain

Thank you so much! I hope I got everything, Shawny opened packages like crazy today and left things here and there, please let me know if I left anything out.

Shawny was so happy about the Cheetah girls stuff, we have tickets for their concert next month and she's just crazy about them, she also looooveeeess the high school musical, and Hannah Montana :crazy: I think we had watched that movie 100 times, she also loved the pen, Hillary Duff is her Idol too.

Thanks.

Shawny and Roxy.

You are welcome! I know you didn't know this, but I am the one that e-mailed you the Target code. We have decided to fly to Atlanta for the concert instead of driving the 10 hours. This concert is getting more expensive by the minute! Enjoy the reads! Amy and Katey

jwsqrdplus2 said:
OK, I am back after school, dance, dinner and bath to report!

Maiya is very excited about her new books and goodies:
Four Little Friends: Gyo Fujikawa, Welcome Mei Su and other tales (which looks really cute!)
Bambi
A Press Out Farm animals book
a jigsaw puzzle (big fave in this house)
a Fun Pad
a box of Kleenex in a Disney Princess box (another big hit in the girlie girl house!)
and a Hawaiin lei which is currently being worn over her pajamas

Thanks so much Nick and Paige. Maiya loves her new treasures and is bugging me to get of the computer so I can read to her.

ETA: Still waiting on Ashlynn's, but it sounds like it is on its way.

Glad she liked it! That Mei Su is a cute collection of stories. Lucas almost wouldn't let the farm animals go!

MickeyMamma said:
Ours arrived yesterday! Thanks so much to your DS, Luke!

We got a
Fun Pad
Things that Go book
What Different People Eat book
101 Dalmations Snow Puppies book
a memory game
ball popper game
and Cars tissues!

Andrew has been having alot of fun with his new books. He really loves trucks and we read the Snow Puppies book at bedtime last night. He really enjoyed the package. Thanks again!

Glad he liked it! We just threw that ball popper in last minute.........those things are addicting!

Astrid said:
Can't see that my send out has been received yet but I suppose it's got further to go than the others :sunny:

Carys is really looking forward to receiving her exchange. :cheer2:

It is on it's way. It was a short customs form, so hopefully it will arrive quickly.

:wave:

My DD received her package today from TheDisneyBunch.

She received:
"Busy Butterfly" Board Book
"Tinsel Tots"- Tom Arma baby photographs
"Baby Blooms"- Valerie Tabor Smith baby photographs
"Quacker's Crackers" Sound Book
"A Royal Party" Sound Book

She was so excited to receive the new books. She went around all night saying "Quack, Quack" and "Let's Plan the Party". I love the baby photograph books.

Thanks for a wonderful package, Amanda!

Patsy- I hope you and Shayla enjoy the activities from "Fairy Things to Make and Do". I have "Christmas Fairy Things to Make and Do", and I think my DD is old enough this year for us to do some of the activities this holiday season.

J&D said:

She received:

She was so excited to receive the new books. She went around all night saying "Quack, Quack" and "Let's Plan the Party". I love the baby photograph books.

Patsy- I hope you and Shayla enjoy the activities from "Fairy Things to Make and Do". I have "Christmas Fairy Things to Make and Do", and I think my DD is old enough this year for us to do some of the activities this holiday season.

So glad it arrived safely and she enjoyed them. I tried to pick a good variety out for her. Ethan wanted to keep the duck book so I may have to go out and get him one too..lol I thought it was too cute. I loved the Tom Arma and Valerie Tabor Smith books so much. They had the cutest pics on them. They are some I may just go out and get to have for myself too..lol I should have just picked up 2 of almost everything while I was shopping..lol :rotfl:

J&D said:

She received:

5 more to go.
Shayla will need my help in putting together the activities, but I think that we will be able to make a few of them together :rotfl: . It does look like fun.

Come and join us for the Kids Activity Exchange.
And remember, the Christmas Stocking Exchange and the Christmas Present Exchange is coming up on Nov.1st.

PrincessParty said:
You are welcome! I know you didn't know this, but I am the one that e-mailed you the Target code. We have decided to fly to Atlanta for the concert instead of driving the 10 hours. This concert is getting more expensive by the minute! Enjoy the reads! Amy and Katey

OMG!! Well Thanks, and we hope to see you there! I know, the lines were crazy the day the tickets went on sale, but the things we do for our kids. Shawny is so excited and cannot wait for that day.

Thanks!

paigevz said:
Lucas got his exchange today!

He got sooo much stuff.

He got popcorn and carebear candies to munch on while looking at his books.
He got a Pooh book, Toy Story 2, Incredibles, ABC and Numbers Board Books. He kept yelling out each one as he pulled it out.
He also got 4 activity/coloring books, markers, and crayons...........he got a Sprintime Coloring Book, Pooh Pre-K Learning Book, Over the Hedge, and his absolute favorite..........Pokemon. Wherever did you find it? He's nuts about this stuff and it's not too popular anymore so hard to find.
And, he got a whole package ALL TO HIMSELF of Mickey Mouse stickers.

He sat down right in the middle of my big bed, surrounded himself with all his books and looked through each and every last one, coloring books included.

You did a REALLY great job, pixiedust32 and Ilse...........thanks!

Oh right! We're so glad he liked the books, DH, the girls and I went to different stores looking for books, we were OHH AHHH YES! He likes this one, and this one too, and how about this one! LOL! :rotfl:

The Mickey stickers are so cute also. Enjoy it Lucas! :thumbsup2

Alex received his exchange from Astrid and Carys--in England.

We got a great Dick Kings-Smith book "Dinosaur Troubles". It'll be fun to read before bed.

A Thomas & Friends book "Jack"

And a really cute Frog Pencil Case for his birthday.

Thank you so much. He is really excited to read dinosaur book.

we still wating to hear from one more buddy, the package was received already.

We are now down to 4 more exchanges to be reported on.
I would have thought that 3 out of the 4 that was sent within the states would be at their new homes by now :confused3 . Please don't forget to post about your child's exchange arrival.

I checked DC on the other exchange that we sent. it's enroute to Arizona. It reached the Denver, Co PO on Sept. 5th. Hopefully it reached it's home today or will tomorrow. Sorry it's taking so long.

Maureenmouse said:
I checked DC on the other exchange that we sent. it's enroute to Arizona. It reached the Denver, Co PO on Sept. 5th. Hopefully it reached it's home today or will tomorrow. Sorry it's taking so long.

As long as you had mailed it out by the mail by date and such, it is not your fault. Some packages take the scenic route, and I'm sure it will get there soon. Did you sent it out via Priority Mail?

The package from Caroline to Ethan is listed on the USPS website as delivered this afternoon, so hopefully he's enjoying his goodies and mom has just not gotten around to posting yet. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter