• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Kids Book Exchange Sent/Recieved***COMPLETED

I mailed 2 packages today. The "local" one with DC, the airmail one, well, I have a receipt. It didn't weigh as much as I thought so I filled out a "short" customs form. (No copy for me.) Enjoy when you receive them.

I mailed my two out this afternoon.

Amanda received hers today. She was so excited at all of the wonderful books. She's never read a Magic Tree House book, but now she has 8. Storieds 1to4 ansd their research books. She's already reading one of them. She also received 2 book marks. Thank you to Adyan and his mommy Ninniedisney1.

Amanda is really excited to get new books.

Glad to hear of those exchanges being sent out and of the one recieved.
For the rest of you, don't forget to post that your exchange has been sent out.

Okay, I SWEAR I am not making this up.............I have the stuff ready to send out and was going to go to the post office in the town I teach in to send them, as last time I went to our town's post office, there was a sign up that they were closed because computers were down. But, DS missed the bus again (2nd time this week) and called me to come get him, so I decided to go to our post office.........surely it's fine now, that was a month ago. Pick him up, head down there, nope, down again, closed for "money transactions" which of course mine is. No time to go to the next town's post office, as it's 4:45.

So I'm very sorry, my two will go out tomorrow during my lunch break instead.

If it's any consolation, my packages are LOADED.........the kids really got into this one!

paigevz said:
Okay, I SWEAR I am not making this up.............I have the stuff ready to send out and was going to go to the post office in the town I teach in to send them, as last time I went to our town's post office, there was a sign up that they were closed because computers were down. But, DS missed the bus again (2nd time this week) and called me to come get him, so I decided to go to our post office.........surely it's fine now, that was a month ago. Pick him up, head down there, nope, down again, closed for "money transactions" which of course mine is. No time to go to the next town's post office, as it's 4:45.

So I'm very sorry, my two will go out tomorrow during my lunch break instead.

If it's any consolation, my packages are LOADED.........the kids really got into this one!

Just post after you have sent it out tomorrow.

I am on the bad list. :(

I went out shopping today and got several really adorable books that I think my little friend will enjoy very much so but by the time I packaged it up and got ready to head back out the po was closed. So it will go out tomorrow. it is by my ddor all ready to go. I think somebody will be happy when it arrives though as I just am in love with some of the books I found..wanted to keep 2 of them especially..lol ;)

Again, so sorry to be late. I sure did not realize how much more time cosumming things were going to be with 2 little ones..lol :blush:

TheDisneyBunch said:

I went out shopping today and got several really adorable books that I think my little friend will enjoy very much so but by the time I packaged it up and got ready to head back out the po was closed. So it will go out tomorrow. it is by my ddor all ready to go. I think somebody will be happy when it arrives though as I just am in love with some of the books I found..wanted to keep 2 of them especially..lol ;)

Again, so sorry to be late. I sure did not realize how much more time cosumming things were going to be with 2 little ones..lol :blush:

No problem Amanda, just post after you have sent it out tomorrow.
That is a cute picture of your boys.

TheDisneyBunch said:

Don't worry Amanda, we understand! I LOVE THE PICTURE OF YOUR KIDS!! :love:

Caroline's package went out yesturday. I had wanted Cora to write her a small note as they are very close in age, but our p.o. closes early and I had to get it out while I was thinking of it. It went out after 2pm, but priority w/ DC. I sooo wanted to include some of my sons old books as he too loved science books, and Captain Underpants. The books were in excellent condition but he writes his name on the inside cover. I didn't know if that would be ok or not so I only included one of his old books. I hope she's pleased w/the titles I chose.

Our packages are sent. I tried my best to make it to the post office yesterday, but the one by BIL's house closed at 4:30 and I missed it by a few minutes thinking it would close at 5 :confused3

In any case, I went to the local post office this morning and sent out our packages both Priority with DC. So one should arrive on Tuesday and the other they told me would get there on Wednesday.

So VERY sorry for the delay. :blush: I am not usually so off like this. This has been a rough week. And on top of that, I have a new business that is opening in 10 days (Eeek!) so my attention is all over the place with that.

Anyways, I hope everybody likes what we sent.

Oh, and when we got back from the post office today, Ellie's package was here! DS was so excited about it for her and is bugging me to come open it NOW! So I will post back in a little bit.

Our package came from SC from MinnieDisney1.

We got
Touch and Feel Farm book
A to Z Boynton book
Horns to Toes Boynton Book
Princess Taggies book

Ellie ran off with the farm book singing "Duck duck kak kak duck duck" - she loves Ducks LOL! And then DS came after her trying to show her the Taggies book and how soft it was.

The books are just right for Ellie. Thank you so much Aydan! You picked some great books.

oh and thanks for the compliment son the pic. I love that pic of them together. It is so sweet to see them together. :love: :goodvibes

Aydan rec'd his today!! He was jumping up & down shouting that he got big boy books!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We just recently started buying "big" boy books with paper pages. :) In his package was

Lightning McQueen Notebook set (included notebook, pencil, eraser, & stickers)
Step into Reading books:
Thomas goes Fishing
Thomas & Percy & the Dragon
Aladdin As you Wish

Thank you so much jwsqrdplusz! The step into reading series is what I have been buying him recently. They fit perfectly into his "library".

Thanks again Jessica & Maiya!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter