• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids Binoculars

grimgrningghost

DIS Veteran
We are staying at Animal Kingdom lodge in July 2006 with our 3 neices so for Christmas we were thinking of getting them each a pair of kids binoculars. Has anyone had any experience with any of these? We are looking for what pair you would recommend or any bargains you have seen.

What are your neices ages? Depending on their ages, you might want different features. If they are old enough you might want to get a pair of adults. You can usually pick up a basic pair from Dick's for around $10 - $12.

They are 5, 9, and 11. You are right the older ones probably could use adult ones. Not having either myself, I'm not very familiar with kids or binoculars so I'm lost in this area. Thanks!

I think the 9 and 11 year olds would do fine with ADULT ones. DS9 has had a pair of adult binoculars for a couple of years and has enjoyed them. The name brand we have is BUSHNELL. They were around $20 at the time. Fisher Price used to have a set of child ones, but I'm not sure if they still carry them. Sounds like a great idea for Christmas and a trip to AKL. Good luck.

Not sure where you are located, but we have seen some really nice binoculars at Ocean State Job Lots.............P

I have a son that has always been very techy from birth :teeth: . So he has always had to have any type of gadget. IMHO the kids binoculars are worthless, you would be better off buying cheaper adult binocs even for the youngest. You can get adult binocs in bright yellow if you want color for the kids, then give them some stickers to decorate them, Disney or an animal theme would be cool. :cool1: Have a great time, AKL is amazing, remember, at dusk they have CM's out side with night vision binocs, this really impressed my boy! :rotfl:

Target has some good ones in the "Smithsonian" section of the toy dept. about $10.00 (I think). Seemed pretty good to me; Smithsonian usually makes good stuff - I'm going to pick some up before our trip. Probably good for the youngest of your nieces.

We are located in Texas about an hour from Dallas. I guess they don't have to be specifically kids binoculars as much as to make sure they are small enough for them (mostly the 5 year old) to use. She has some she plays with at her grandparents house that are adult size and she can't really use them for much because they are just to big.

I bought a small pair in the color of camoflauge for under $10 at the sporting department at walmart. they work very well. we use them all the time to spy on the wildlife in our woods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter