Kids Attire in Dining Rooms

captchris

Go Yankees!
Hey everyone! We will be on the Magic just 5 weeks from today, and DW is beginning to "plan" our dinner outfits. While the Official Guide and Passporter offer great details on many things, one things that it seems to be lacking is attire for children in the dining rooms.

Would khaki shorts for DS (4) be appropriate for casual night?? Are there any other tidbits of information regarding this topic that my DIS friends could provide??? :thumbsup2

TIA!

This is from the Disney website, hope it helps.

"What should I wear to dinner?

Dining Dress requirements vary by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general, most meals are "Cruise Casual" — no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with additional attire requirements. Here's a breakdown of these events by cruise itinerary.

On 3-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual — no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
Second night: pirate or tropical deck party
Final night: "dress-up night" — jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women

On 4-night cruises:
One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
One "dress-up night" — jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
Final night: cruise casual — no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

On 7-night cruises:
Three additional "cruise casual" nights — no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
One formal and one semi-formal night — formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.

Dress for dinner at Palo on all cruises:
Men: dress shirt or jacket
Women: dress or pantsuit

captchris said:
Would khaki shorts for DS (4) be appropriate for casual night?? Are there any other tidbits of information regarding this topic that my DIS friends could provide??? :thumbsup2

TIA!

Just wanted to let you know that you will not be turned away from the dining room or anything if your child is in shorts. Even though the requirements say "no shorts" I have heard of adults going in shorts also. Most of the people you will see will be dressed nice. (Like going out to eat at a nice restaraunt). With long pants and a nice button up or polo shirt on casual nights.

On our cruise last summer I saw several little kids wearing very cute shorts outfits or khaki shorts and spiffy shirts to the dining room.

Have Fun!!

We went with khaki pants and polos for ds5 every night except formal and pirate night.

Sometimes, and depending on the likes and dislikes of the child, dressing them up in formal clothes will make them feel special.

Our DS6 wore nice shorts on casual nights and wore polo shirts and nice khaki pants on formal nights. He was not out of place at all.

What did you see the little girls wearing on those casual nights? Sundresses? Or slacks?

Just trying to plan for 2 DDs....

captchris said:
Hey everyone! We will be on the Magic just 5 weeks from today, and DW is beginning to "plan" our dinner outfits. While the Official Guide and Passporter offer great details on many things, one things that it seems to be lacking is attire for children in the dining rooms.

TIA!

You will be fine with the khaki shorts for your son. In our group we had a 5 and a 6 year old with us. For each night we bought them dress shorts khaki, dark blue and black for casual nights. For formal night you can see my picture of us all and what the boys had on. They were comfortable and nobody said anything to us about it.

Trixiezzz said:
What did you see the little girls wearing on those casual nights? Sundresses? Or slacks?

Just trying to plan for 2 DDs....

Our's had sundresses or little skirt type outfits. My general policey for casual is casual sunday morning dress clothes. Keep that in mind with comfort and your fine.

Little girls should be fine in skirts or nice capris. Alot of the women, myself included wore capris on casual nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter