Kids at wedding....

Malibelle

<font color=magenta>Malibelle<font color=darkorchi
For those of you who had kids at the wedding did you do anything special for them. I have about 17 kids ages from 2-16. Our favors are wine bottle stoppers so I am trying to think of something else for them. I did purchase some baseball caps in the disney store this weekend for $1.50 each and thought I could give those with metalic pens so the character could sign the hat for them. We have mostly boys and only a handful of girls.

Any suggestions? I also thought instead of the hats ( I can put them in the welcome bags) just ording chocolates from Disney but I don't know what the prices are.

I am doing a kids table with Disney coloring books and crayons. Some little disney candy favors. They can use them there to keep them busy. The hats sound like a really cute idea. I would give them sharpies though. So the signatures don't come off.

i am goign to put a coloring book and disney crayons and also a bride or groom mickey depending a boy or girl and also a bag of kiddie candy for them to feel special

I am getting the velvet "art posters" in disney themes for the kids to color in during the pre-reception and reception. I am thinking of having a table set up where they can display the finished product and use the lure "anyone who participates gets a prize" and give them all a little something (I have been picking up various things like stickers, pens, pins at dollar stores and the disney sale clearance section).

We did gift bags, crayons, coloring books, all kinds of items for the children. Most of the items we got for a $1 a piece at Michaels or the Dollar Store. We had the gift bags handed out at the reception and we had our DJ make a big deal out of. They were handed out on trays with a napkin covering the tray. And we introduced it as HRH or His Royal Highness...in addition we did the hokey pokey with the kids so that they would be out on the dance floor so it was an easier transition. I thought if they all stayed in the groups it was a good thing for them. In addition, we had Mickey and Minnie sign restraunt menus for the kids so that they had that as a keep sake!

We gave Disney Pez dispensers to the children under 10. I'm glad we got them special favors, but I wish I'd thought to provide coloring books or something. They got pretty restless during the reception!

I made these little gift bags to help entertain the two little toddlers I had coming to my wedding.
kidbag.jpg

There were a couple of teenagers at the wedding too (age 13 and 14), but I didn't make them bags, because our favors were toys in themselves :rotfl: and that in combination with all the candy we had...it was plenty for them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter