Kids Are Excited For Windsor Hills, Not WDW!

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by lotus14, Nov 8, 2011.

1. lotus14

lotus14 All This Disney Research Is Hurting My BRAIN!

I was Disney dreaming last night and watched a YouTube video giving a tour of the whole property:

http://www.youtube.com/user/WindsorHillsDave#p/u/22/d1lDT5eheho

DD5 was watching and she is now super excited about going there....not to Disney. She wants to stay there all day because it looks like so much fun. I think I've created a monster! :rotfl2:

In her defense, it does look pretty fun, but we're not staying there all the time! :laughing:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mikkiwikki

mikkiwikki DIS Veteran

Yah I love this video - We can't wait to get there either!
    :woohoo:

4. Phil'sFrontier

Phil'sFrontier DIS Veteran

To be fair and balanced like fox news you should also show an equal length video tour of WDW resort. :p

5. lotus14

lotus14 All This Disney Research Is Hurting My BRAIN!

Good plan! I'm sure there will be other Disney dreaming sessions and we will watch a WDW video then.

But it does make me think that we should have a condo day. We usually just commando the parks and don't pay much attention to where we stay.

6. mikkiwikki

mikkiwikki DIS Veteran

We are definitely slowing down for our upcoming trip and just focus more on trying to relax this holiday and calmly take time to
    'smell the roses'.

We have several days planned to just relax and enjoy what Windsor Hills has to offer.;)

The movie in the clubhouse sounds like fun!

7. leanne11

leanne11 <font color=green>Always remember to use the net t

i agree ..we doing 10 days at whills..for relaxation......we going with a 2 yr old..so,,ahhhhhh..lets all relax....yeahhh...

8. mikehn

mikehn DIS Veteran

It can happen. My 7 year old refused to leave Wyndham bonnet creek. We managed to visit one of the parks out of our 7 day trip. I got to relax by the pools and saved a bundle of money.

9. kidd_freeper

kidd_freeper DIS Veteran

We stayed at WH for 11 days this past July

Of the 11 days, we went to the parks on 5 days
    While me and my DSs chose to go to the waterparks on off days, my wife chose to stay at WH and lounge by the pool with DD18

10. teachingmom

teachingmom Earning My Ears

Do you have any input regarding specific villas, condos, etc. at WH? Or the management companies? We're planning our March, 2012 vacation, and I'd appreciate any input. Thank you!

11. mikkiwikki

mikkiwikki DIS Veteran

We are using vacationcentralflorida.com for our upcoming holiday.
    We have been very very pleased with the communication thus far.
    :thumbsup2

12. teachingmom

Mikkiwikki. I'll check them out.

13. mousemom11

mousemom11 Wild Women Do Disney and They Don't Regret It!

14. jsd2643

jsd2643 Earning My Ears

Also check out Vista Cay. It's another favorite. They have single floor condos with up to 2000 SF. Beautiful, newer complex.

15. Leota

Leota DIS Veteran

We just got back from Windsor Hills on Tues night. We used All Star Vacation Homes & had such a marvelous experience. We decided it's the ONLY way to do Disney & we've done WDW 20+ times from Value to Deluxe! I never expected to love it as much as we did, but everyone from 65 to 9 loved it.

We had a 4 bdrm. pool home with a spa, theater room, game room etc.... We only did the Parks for maybe 6 hours a day - the rest of the time, we just wanted to hang at home - even the 9 & 11 year olds. What was really Heavenly was starting & ending each day with a soak in the hot tub and one at break time too. :cloud9: LOVED the privacy & convenience.

We never even made it to the Clubhouse because our rental house was so fantastic! And all of wished we had planned a day or two of doing nothing but chillin at the house & maybe doing some putzing around sightseeing/mini-golfing etc...

Enjoy - you are going to LOVE it!!!! :thumbsup2

16. teachingmom

Thank you both for your input! I appreciate the information.