• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids and Surfing lessons

gracie

Earning My Ears
We are going to WDW in April and I was thinking of letting my 10yo son take surfing lessons. He's a strong swimmer - loved Typhoon Lagoon last time and scared me to death with his body surfing ability!

He's a strong swimmer, but I don't know if he'll be able to do all the paddling involved for a long period of time. Am I being to big of a worrier? Has anyone else gotten surfing lessons for their kids? Did they enjoy?

We don't hear about the surfing at Typhoon Lagoon too often around here but there was a trip report from last summer about this. Surfing Report

It sounds like they had a lot of fun, but Disneymom does mention in the report that her 3 teenagers were pretty tired out from all the paddling they needed to do.

Be sure to post a report if your son decides to give it a try, we'd love to hear all about it.

Good luck!

Thanks! Beth - If he decides to surf, I'll post so everyone can hear about it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter