Kids and identification

cruisenewbie2004

Mouseketeer
A quick question, when children are in the clubs, do they have any type of indentification on them such as name badges? I'm talking about the smaller children, say 5 and under. I'm just curious how they keep track of them all?

They put a paper bracelet on them with their name on it, it alson contains your pager #. They also have name tags they wear on their shirts. If you lose any one of those things, the counselors will replace them.

My kids hated the bracelets on their wrists, but I made them keep them on in case we were ever separated. A CM would immediately know who they belonged to, and would be able to page us immediately.

I have heard from other parents that if their child didn't like the band on their wrists, they had them put on their ankles.

Denae

They get a plastic wristband that they have to wear through out the cruise. It has their names, age group and cabin number on them. I think they also have the pager number on them so you can be paged. They also get a plastic clip on name tag with their first name and last initial.

The pager that you get when you check them into the club, what happens when you check them out for another activity? Do you turn it in? Or keep it the duration of the cruise? If they where the same wrist band during the cruise, is it only when in the clubs or are they supposed to wear it all the time? I assume you can get another one if it gets wet??

You have the pager for the duration of the cruise and turn it in on the last night. You will be charged $150.00 if you lose it or do not turn it in. You will always keep it with you. The wristbands are the plastic type that won't matter if they get wet. They do not have to wear it all the time and it will be replaced each time you check them in. You also need a password to sign your child out of the clubs. Another safety procedure.

The pager stays with you the entire cruise.

The wristband is made out of a tyvek type of material. We had to cut them off our kids when we got home. If it is damaged or lost, they will replace it next time you go to the club.

I insisted my kids wear them all the time in case they lost us.

Denae

I also bought cheap lanyards at WalMart for the kids to wear with a handmade card with MY name in it, along with any allergies, quirks, etc.

Not only do they have the name bracelets and name tags but when you check your child into the club, their name is added to a list of who's there and entered in the computer. There is a specific person called the Age Anchor who's responsible for keeping up with who's in the club and which counselor they are assigned to. When they take the children to meals or make any other transition such as take them to the Lab for an activity, the Age Anchor is the person who "counts heads" before they leave and when they arrive to be sure each child is accounted for.

The password is one you select and is required to check the child out of the club. You can choose to share this password with other members of your family to enable them to pick up your child safely.

I think you will find that Disney takes great precautions to ensure your child's safety as well as be sure he/she has lots of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter