Kids and Dining Packages

mcm574

Mouseketeer
We'll be at DLR in April and would love to take advantage of the F! and WoC Dining Packages. However, we plan to keep our younger son, who will be 2 years 10 months, to his usual sleep schedule - which means my husband or I will take our older son to F! one night, and the other will take him to WoC some other night. That leads me to a couple of logistical questions, though:

• Is it possible for two of us to get the packages while the others dine a la carte?
  • If not, knowing the kids prices are only for ages 3-9, what would happen with my little one at those meals? Does he just pick off our plates, or can we order from a kids' menu for him?
Any thoughts you have would be appreciated!

For kids under three, you can order whatever you want off of the menu for him or let him eat off of your plate. I don't see why you couldn't mix a package and a la carte experience, although I've never done it. The reservations themselves are not for a strictly dining package time- anyone can eat at those restaurants anytime without a package.

The only time I gave my son his own meal was WOC WCT meal cos I know he would prefer their kids meal than the adults meal otherwise when asked I told them he was 2 and ate off our plate

Is it possible for two of us to get the packages while the others dine a la carte?
The only caveats that come to mind initially are that both RBT (F! Dining Package) and Ariel's Grotto (WoC Dining Package) may not have an non-dining package option (at this point, things could change before April rolls around). I think that RBT is F! Dining Packages only (there is still the non-package option at Blue Bayou). I'm less sure about Ariel's Grotto, but when I looked up dining times only Breakfast and Lunch came up. I had to search for Ariel's using the WoC Dining Package page for Dinner times. So if you were thinking of dining at either RBT or Ariel's for their dining packages, you all may end up having to be on the package. In terms of children two and under, they do not need a FP to view the shows and they can eat off your plate.

Thank you for your responses, these details will be very helpful as we continue planning! Honestly, my only real concern is that my little guy, who turns 2 tomorrow, can already eat me under the table, so I may well end up buying meals for him most of the time anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter