Kids and cab rides

Vegaslover

Mouseketeer
This is probably going to sound a little neurotic, but I was wondering how safe the cab ride is to Chankanaab from the ship in Cozumel. I know how the ride was in Naussa with just me and my husband from the ship to Atlantis - we were packed in like sardines but the driver wasn't bad. I have a 5 year old and I didn't know if any of you were worried about the safety of your kids in the cab.

Not being neurotic, just being realistic. My belief, I won't go anywhere without a car seat. I wouldn't drive 2 blocks to my local grocery store without my child strapped into a car seat - so a Caribbean country is no different. ;)

So when in Cozumel, we lug a car seat. The taxi drivers scare the beejeesus out of me.

The last time we went to Cozumel, we took an excursion that had a bus, so no car seats needed.

At 5 years old, your child may be big enough for the "backless turbo booster" - available at place like K-Mart and WalMart for $17.88

I thought our driver in Cozumel was great. He drove us to Chankanaab. It's about a 15 ride. We had a regular taxi and a van.

I thought the driving in Nassau was nuts. I just couldn't wait to get out of the taxi van.

Just back from the Magic, and we took our 2yo son to San Francisco beach in Cozumel (just past Chankanaab). Our "taxi" was a compact car, and the driving was REALLY fast. I closed my eyes, hung onto my son, and really wished that I had a car seat, but it just wasn't practical for us to bring one. If you are up to the challenge of lugging one with you, you'll probably be glad you did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter