Kidani villas - question about room location

dwicks4

Earning My Ears
We are planning our 2-night stay at the Kidani Villas 2/22/2010-2/24/2010 in a Studio Savannah View Room. I have some specific questions for the Kidani Villa experts:

1) We have a car, thus can we park farther away from the lobby but near an elevator to get from the parking garage to the room. That said, we still have a member of our family that cannot walk super long distances without getting winded (due to a heart condition). We'd like to be close to the pool which looks like the third "bead" from the lobby in the PEMBA Savannah. I'm worried those rooms will only be "standard views" since it looks like they overlook the pool (ie, probably no studio Savannah view rooms in that section). Does anyone know? Should I ask for the 4th "bead" from the lobby instead?

2) Which savannah has the Giraffes and Zebras? I heard the two savannahs have different animals...I'd like to see the giraffes and zebras

3) Which room sections just opened in Sept? (the newest ones)

4) After viewing the Kidani Villa map, it appears the "underground" parking stops after the 3rd "bead" on the Pemba Savannah side (ie, paved road appears to end). Does the parking still curl around under the 2nd floor to the end (hidden from view on the map)? That sure looks like a long way to walk.

5) I read one reviewer who said the Kidani Villa pool is 5 times smaller than the Jambo House Pool. Is she exaggerating?

6) Is there more than one entrance point to the Kidani Villa pool?

...5) I read one reviewer who said the Kidani Villa pool is 5 times smaller than the Jambo House Pool. Is she exaggerating?

6) Is there more than one entrance point to the Kidani Villa pool?

It is pretty small and there is only one entrance to the pool area that I could see. They should have spent the money on two lesser themed pools - one at each end of Kidani Village.

1) If you have a member in your group that gets winded, your best bet would to be to rent a wheelchair or ECV for your trip - there's a lot more walking going on besides from your car to your room...

1) If you have a member in your group that gets winded, your best bet would to be to rent a wheelchair or ECV for your trip - there's a lot more walking going on besides from your car to your room...
::yes::
If that person is concerned about getting winded at the resort, they will likely need an ECV or wheelchair for everything else.

If you follow the ink in my signature to the disABILITIES FAQs thread, post #2 of that thread has information about renting ECVs and wheelchairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter