Kidani Village

Amandaka78

Earning My Ears
I'm not really sure if this is the right place to ask these questions but thought you all would know best. :confused3 We just booked a 2 bedroom Savannah view villa at Kidani Village for the beginning of November. We booked it through Disney at room rate instead of renting points for multiple reasons. 1) I wasn't planning on getting a villa I was actually looking at 2 savannah view rooms at Jambo House but they priced it and the villa was cheaper. 2) My DM & DF are coming with me, my DBF, and 3 kids. If they decide in the next couple of months that they don't want to come (they've done this on the last 2 trips) I can switch us to one room at the YC for a lot less money and no hassle.

So here are my questions:

1) By booking it from Disney as a room do we get mousekeeping everyday and what does this include. I think I read that we get a room cleaning like a regular hotel room with towels, beds, and the regular service but I thought I also read that they do your dishes also. For me that is too good to be true, I HATE doing dishes. If not is there a dishwasher and do they provide detergent? Do they provide detergent for the washing machines or should we bring our own?

2) What kind of stuff is the kitchen stocked with in terms of cookware. We are driving down so bringing stuff from home isn't an issue but I'd like to know what we need to bring. We are going to be doing all of our breakfasts at the hotel. So basically what I'm looking for is a toaster, muffin pan, mixing bowl, cookie sheet, spatula, large pan (eggs and pancakes), somewhat okay knife for chopping and cutting board. Will all of this stuff be stocked in the kitchen or should I bring stuff from home.

I'm sure this experience will push me over the edge into buying into the DVC and I'll be back on this board in December on how to become one of you. :goodvibes

TIA and if you have any other information or information you want to share about Kidani I'd love here about it. I'm so excited. :yay:

I'm not really sure if this is the right place to ask these questions but thought you all would know best. :confused3 We just booked a 2 bedroom Savannah view villa at Kidani Village for the beginning of November. We booked it through Disney at room rate instead of renting points for multiple reasons. 1) I wasn't planning on getting a villa I was actually looking at 2 savannah view rooms at Jambo House but they priced it and the villa was cheaper. 2) My DM & DF are coming with me, my DBF, and 3 kids. If they decide in the next couple of months that they don't want to come (they've done this on the last 2 trips) I can switch us to one room at the YC for a lot less money and no hassle.

So here are my questions:

1) By booking it from Disney as a room do we get mousekeeping everyday and what does this include. I think I read that we get a room cleaning like a regular hotel room with towels, beds, and the regular service but I thought I also read that they do your dishes also. For me that is too good to be true, I HATE doing dishes. If not is there a dishwasher and do they provide detergent? Do they provide detergent for the washing machines or should we bring our own? Yes, you will get daily housekeeping, and there is a full kitchen that inlcudes a dishwasher. You will also have full laundry facilities in the unit, making it easy to pack less for your trip. You can also get groceries delivered.

2) What kind of stuff is the kitchen stocked with in terms of cookware. We are driving down so bringing stuff from home isn't an issue but I'd like to know what we need to bring. We are going to be doing all of our breakfasts at the hotel. So basically what I'm looking for is a toaster, muffin pan, mixing bowl, cookie sheet, spatula, large pan (eggs and pancakes), somewhat okay knife for chopping and cutting board. Will all of this stuff be stocked in the kitchen or should I bring stuff from home. There is a full kitchen stocked with dinner ware and silver for 8 plus all the needed cooking utensils. There is a full four burner stove and oven as well as fridge, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, baking utensils etc. etc.

I'm sure this experience will push me over the edge into buying into the DVC and I'll be back on this board in December on how to become one of you. :goodvibes

TIA and if you have any other information or information you want to share about Kidani I'd love here about it. I'm so excited. :yay:

I'll answer your questions in the body of the quote.

I was going to ask why you booked a 2 bedroom through CRO instead of renting, but if your friends are notorious for cancelling, that's a good reason.

I'm pretty sure you'll have to bring your own muffin pan, and many of us bring a spatula (pancake turner). For some unknown reason DC doesn't have them.

We just stayed last November in a Kidani grand villa, there was a toaster but I'm not sure if they are in all the rooms? I would suggest bringing a larger spatula and muffin pan.

I would also suggest using one of the delivery services. We have used Garden Grocer 4 times and love their service. It's nice to not have to shop on vacation. The resort will store your food in the proper manner (freezer if necessary) until you arrive.

Thanks all. I know we are going to have a great time there. I'm hoping that I'll be able to talk my DBF into us buyibg into the DVC after this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter