Kidani Village - Would like Reviews

The thing is, at Kidani there isn't much to do if you are spending time at the resort. Yes, you can sit at the pool for a week, but will your parents want to do that??

There's the the pool and a bar, and that's about it.

We stayed at Kidani for 5 days last month and only went to the parks once - for MNSSHP. We sat on the balcony and watched the animals. We went down to the fire pit and talked with the CM from Uganda. We played miniature golf at I think it was called Winterland/Summerland. We went to the pool. We took a day trip to Vero Beach. We visited Boardwalk one day. The people in our party aren't really thrilled about the parks, and that's okay with us because my husband is now on unemployment. We never got time, but we were going to rent a pontoon boat at one of the other resorts. The couple that were staying with us went golfing twice.

Thanks to everyone for their replies and keep them coming...

I am probably going to go with a standard 2br to save points unless I want to split and have 5 days with view and 5 without.

Since some of you have just come back --- I am curious if you can help with rooms.

For my parents we really need to be near the lobby/pool area so they do not have to walk as far.

I am sure I can request that, but curious if you guys know of some exact rooms.

Thanks.

Request around Room # 7200 on the second floor, near the lobby. We were just there the end of October for Halloween in that exact area and pretty walked out of our room to the lobby. Awesome location. Animals just about always out the patio! :flower3:

DH and I are headed to KV in January for our first trip alone. We have always gone with our kids and/or other family members, but never just the two of us, so we booked a 1 bdrm savannah view for 4 days, just the two of us. I can't wait to sit on the balcony with coffee in the morning, and a glass of wine at night, and just take in the peaceful view of animals wandering about. Ahhh....I can't wait!:cloud9:

Can anyone tell me if the chair/bed in the 1BR is going to work for my 7 year old?

They say it converts to a bed but from looking at in some pics...doesn't look to big.

TIA!!

we are at Kidani right now. I would definitely recommend the villas. We are in a 1 bedroom. the extra bath has been a godsend. I am here with DH, DS14 and DD11. No one but me seems to think the pullout chair is comfortable. It is VERY firm, so not for everyone. I have no problem with it. We have a standard parking lot view. If I stay here again, I would definitely opt for the savannah view as I think we missed out on a little of the ambience. We also rented a car, so I cannot attest to the bus system. the walk to Jambo house is not too long and we really enjoyed it in the nice weather. Staff has been great and very helpful when my son messed up the safe! lol

I'll be at Kidani 11/29-12/5 with my family, including my 82 year old mother. We'll be staying in a one bedroom lock off as well as a studio. My mother can not walk far-I've been reading responses and room suggestions. I'm confused, what rooms should I try to request that are near pool/lobby. We have a standard view.
Thanks for your help,
Vicki

I have not stayed there, but I am the one that wanted teh same thing you want for your mom. I did visit Kidani in October while I was there so I would knwo what to request.

This is what I requested when I just made my reservations:

Close to Lobby, within 1st or 2nd bead on the pool side.
I also requested to be on the floor as the lobby.

Others can chime in. and I will be anxious for their responses.

I did not request a particular room so much as the above statement.

I'll be at Kidani 11/29-12/5 with my family, including my 82 year old mother. We'll be staying in a one bedroom lock off as well as a studio. My mother can not walk far-I've been reading responses and room suggestions. I'm confused, what rooms should I try to request that are near pool/lobby. We have a standard view.
Thanks for your help,
Vicki

We spent 4 nights at Kidani and, for the most part, were very impressed. Rooms are excellent, even though the decor isn't quite my thing. Saw a lot of animals out on the savanna. Having the sleeper chair with two kids sleeping in the LR was a blessing. Master bathroom is very impressive. Pool is excellent.

That said, here's a quick list of my gripes:

* Kidani was undoubtedly the loudest DVC resort we've ever stayed at. Just seemed to be a lot of occasional banging and other noise coming from rooms adjacent to ours.

* Water pressure in our room was pretty low

* Not enough storage space. Moving from BWV which has a huge walk-in closet, you could really feel the loss.

* Not enough storage in kitchen either.

* Some of the dinnerware / kitchen utensils are not the best choices. Cereal bowls are TINY.

* It can be downright confusing to get to and from the pool. Don't know why they didn't make better walkways in that area.

* Another BWV comparison--Kidani had hardly any movies available to borrow for in-room viewing. BWV has two THICK binders full of selections. Kidani has one skinny, half-full binder.

* Lastly, no matter how you slice it Kidani feels like "Jambo lite." It's just not quite as grand in pretty much every respect. If Jambo didn't exist, Kidani would certainly stand on its own very well. But the mere presence of Jambo leaves you feeling that you've taken a bit of a step down upon entering Kidani.

None of these are necessarily deal-breaker issues. Overall I was very impressed. But if I had to really dig for criticism, those are the items that come to mind. We didn't dine at the resort so I can't comment on Sanaa.

* Lastly, no matter how you slice it Kidani feels like "Jambo lite." It's just not quite as grand in pretty much every respect. If Jambo didn't exist, Kidani would certainly stand on its own very well. But the mere presence of Jambo leaves you feeling that you've taken a bit of a step down upon entering Kidani.

QUOTE]

I like how you stated this. I know I jus said this, but I haven't stayed there, and I did read the reviews...but even when I went to visit to make sure tha tsi where I want to go for the 5th anniversary for my parents...pulling up I could see why people say it is very different than Jambo..and then the lobby..wow..very different. I was a little disappointed, as I really was looking forward to taking the whole family to AKL as it was a huge first impact!

The way you said it was perfect tho...for example most of the family has never been there so walking into Kidani will probably still blow them away...

I just keep telling myself that. And the Savannah is awesome.

Can anyone tell me if the chair/bed in the 1BR is going to work for my 7 year old?

They say it converts to a bed but from looking at in some pics...doesn't look to big.

TIA!!

All three of my kids had a turn on the chair bed; dd12, ds9 and dd8. All liked it and it became a fight for who got the chair and who had to share the bed. I've also read reports of adults sleeping on the pull out chair.

Okay here it goes - We did not like Kidani. I just sent an e-mail earlier today to DVC member satisfaction regarding our trip this past week.

There were 14 of us we had 2 desiganted 2 bedroom villas overlooking the savanna on the third floor. Animal Kingdom is so far away from everything, but we wanted to give it a try. Myself, my sister, and my brother all own multiple memberships with DVC.

The resort rooms are pretty.

Cons:
Air/Heat
there are thermostats in the main room and second bedroom, but not the master. It was so warm at night that it was miserable. The ceiling fans have the speed adjustment chains removed, therefore they are stuck on slow speed. The temperature can only go down to 68 degrees.

Layout
The kitchen is a galley design that has minimal counter space. The stove is directly next to the refrigerator which is dangerous for many reasons including someone opening the fridge door and knocking a pan off the stove. Again, you have to call housekeeping for a four slice toaster, because they must think that only one person eats at a time in a room that sleeps eight!

The master bathroom looks pretty, but is not functional -everything is in one main room and therefore only one person at a time can use it if someone is in the "glass" shower. The sink, makeup counter, and closet are all in the main room. You have to access the main bathroom in order to get to the toilet hwich is in its one little room within the big room. It was horrible trying to get ready each day with several people having their clothes in the closet.

Internet was only wired in the master bedroom - this does not make sense, why not in the main living room and second bedroom? What a pain that everyone has to come into the master bedroom to access the internet. It is silly that it is not wireless everywhere in this day and age!

The pool was pretty, but is not special. The slide is okay, but not special. The counter service took 1.75 hours for a cheeseburger that was not correct when it came - they brought pizza!

The animals on the Savanna were Kudus, a few ostriches, and when it was feeding time a few giraffes would walk over. Again, nothing special.

The lobby was just okay along with the gift shop. Many other villas and hotels surpass this by far. The teenagers were bored out of their minds, and have no interest in going back.

Everything is so spreadout, and it is not safe to walk to the lobby or pool by yourself due to the distance. The entire complex (Jambo and Kidani) are so dark at night and poorly lit that it is unsafe.

The parking is not underground at all - there are spots under an overhang for some cars, and the rest are out in the open. The spots are small and it is a tight fit to pull in and out.

This is definitely a resort for those who want peace and quiet. I feel bad for anyone that does not have their own transportation, because you are isolated with few food choices on sight if you want to hike to them.

The hotel is pretty, but we all give it a 4 out of 10 and do not plan on ever staying their again. It is however better than Saratoga Springs (mass housing) which remains the lowest on our list.

Sorry - I am just being honest. We are very active and social - we did not get a good vibe or feel the magic at Kidani.

lkenyon - sorry you didn't like the resort. We loved it! We liked the quiet and relaxing nature. Our kids had a great time in Community Hall and at the pool. I can see some of your issues, we just didn't encounter them.

One thing I disagree on is the parking. While it is not "underground" it is definitely completely covered and under the building. We thought this was one of the best features since we were there during a heat wave in June, no boiling hot car. It also made it very convenient to get to/from our room since we could park near the elevator that took us closest to our room.

I think one of the best things about DVC is the variety of resorts. They are all different and offer something for everyone. I'm hoping someday we can try them all, so far we've stayed at HHI, OKW, BCV, SSR, THV and AKV (Jambo & Kidani).

We recently stayed at KV for 5 nights. We did spend one night at POP prior and were able to check in by 1130am. it was just a 10 min drive. We have stayed at Jambo and at first I had wanted to swap my reservation but we kept. We have been to to the mouse over 15 times so we are no longer in a huury to get on buz at 8am. We had a studio and it was big enough for us (2) and then some. We did the dinning plan basic as when I am on vacation I do not cook. There was more than enough food on the basic. I had asked to be close to the pool and community hall and we wwere in room 7031. Not really close and not too far. We really liked the pool and hot tub and did play some bingo and games. they do have daily activites going on. From KV to JH to the Mara was a 10 min walk. if mobility is an issue and will be doing QS I suggest Jambo. Most of the buses were not but a 10 min wait. I can't wait to go back.
Lexi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter