Kidani Village or Jambo House?

I loved Kidani, frankly I didn't care about the view. We were only in the room at bedtime, it would have been too dark to see them anyway. In the morning we get up and go to the parks, in the afternoon we hang by the pool, in the evening out to dinner and maybe some park time.

I also liked being the 1st bus pick up.

We have stayed there 3 times.

1st-Jambo pool view
2nd-Kidani savanna view
3rd-Kidani standard view

I like the Kidani side better. Jambo is the bustling marketplace and Kidani is the sleepy liittle village. (That's how I describe it!) They are both nice.

Savanna view was nice to do once, but I don't need to do it everytime. Unless you are in your room 24/7 to watch animals, it's not necessary. Even when you are in your room, the animals aren't always there! You would have to check with the front desk on which savanna you are on and when the animals are the most active.

Last year we were in a standard view room, it was fine, we looked out at saw the marsh, trees, gazebo, and if we leaned all the way over we could see the valet parking area, and there was like 3 cars there, no big deal.

Kidani to Jambo, short walk, shorter bus ride.

Jambo has the bigger store and Boma and Jiko
Kidani has the smaller store and Sanaa

I like Kidani's pool better, but Jambo's pool is nice too!

It's our favorite resort! Have fun, whatever you decide!

We stayed at kIndani standard view studio room in 2009.

Characteristics of Kindani that I liked- newer, smaller, quieter, elegant room and lobby décor, fun pool, first bus stop, good animal viewing, and oddly enough the smell in the lobby and elevators was so lovely.

Characteristics that I didn't care for: no quick service and Boma is at Jambo. We just found ourselves heading over to Jambo for food, souvenirs, etc many many times.

I loved Kidani, but the long walk to and from the lobby and the lack of a CS place would make me hesitant to stay there again. Also it feels a bit out of the way to stay there longer.

I had requested a room not too far from the lobby and luckily got a good location. It was also a quick walk to the bus from there (there was a side door right out to the bus stops). We usually eat lunch in the park before returning for pool time so didn't miss the CS. I only like to eat at the resort counter service maybe once over the week, so that one time we went over to Mara (we wanted to check out Jambo anyway).

If you eat a lot at the resort, that wouldn't be ideal.

We stayed at both last year and had a standard studio on botb trips. At Jambo we had a great pool view and at Kidani we had a partial savannah view.

We liked Jambo house more. Lack of food options at Kidani was a issue. Also, our room was really far at Kidani. We will only stay at Jambo from now.

We've just booked jambo house studio standard view.

We decided that we didn't want to risk having a parking lot view as we will end up in the room on the evenings as kids will be in bed and we will most likely be out on the balcony so it will be nicer not to be over the road with cars and buses coming and going.

Plus the use of Mara will make life easier for us.

I feel a bit sad though as we like the quieter life, so kidani would have probably been better for that. And the kidani pool area does look fab.

But at least im getting to try the animal kingdom villas and I'll be going to kidani for dinner so will get to have a good mosey round :goodvibes.

Thanks for all the reviews it made it easier for me to choose. :thumbsup2

What is the main difference between a 1 bedroom value room at Jambo and a 1 bedroom standard room at Jambo?
Thanks in advance. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter