Kidani village next point change?

Vader-was-framed

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if there is any plan to redo the point system at Kidani village. They did so at Saratoga and old key west. Why not do it at Kidani for near lobby and away from lobby. I figure if you have a car why not use less points and get away from lobby. If you do not have a car or have a handicap or small children why not use more points and get a near lobby. Just wondering if this is in the works.

I was wondering if there is any plan to redo the point system at Kidani village. They did so at Saratoga and old key west. Why not do it at Kidani for near lobby and away from lobby. I figure if you have a car why not use less points and get away from lobby. If you do not have a car or have a handicap or small children why not use more points and get a near lobby. Just wondering if this is in the works.

I agree that it's unlikely since there are already view classifications. And I think for many people the whole "close to the lobby" thing is just not that big of a deal. But I could be wrong about that...I never thought it was that big of a deal at OKW or SSR either but they went ahead and did it.

I think the most likely candidates for this type of thing are those resorts without any current view classifications VWL & BCV.

I don't think BCV has a big issue because none of their views are extraordinary. I guess they could have Theme Park view rooms but I don't think there are many and the trees pretty much block those out as I recall.

VWL could go to a view classification if the new construction ends up with half the villas having a nice view of Bay Lake and the other half having a "Woods View". But keep in mind that Disney will only do this if they see overwhelming requests for one vs the other.

Interesting thought for speculation though. Thanks.

There is no point difference at OKW between a "near hospitality house " room and a "not" room-- There was no point re allocation. It is a location request-- like boardwalk view or preferred view-- it is a location reservation in the category, but not a difference in points.

I think the SSR reallocation was an attempt to better fill the resort. Members who don't have a lot of points are more likely to book the cheaper standard view, making SSR more desirable.

I think the SSR reallocation was an attempt to better fill the resort. Members who don't have a lot of points are more likely to book the cheaper standard view, making SSR more desirable.

I also think so. For more points it will allow a better guarantee to be in two of the sections of your choice and you can know you won't be in Carousel. And for the rest of the resort it puts it on the same point level as OKW which many have long thought it should have been closer to from the start. Since the OKW studios are my least favorite layout I'd now likely select SSR when those are the choices whereas the lower points for OKW always won out in the past.

Last edited:

Agree. I have no idea what occupancy is like at the resort, but I suspect it averages well under 98%. When members allow points to expire unused--which does happen--the corresponding vacancies are probably at SSR.

If the new two-tiered pricing allows them to fill most of the lower-cost rooms and a portion of the premium rooms (people who really want to stay in those areas, people booking on short notice), it may drive an overall increase in occupancy.

I'm probably in the way minority, but that would be OK with me. One reason I won't stay there again is that, although I requested near lobby, I got the last pod out. Just as a comparison, I counted off the same # of steps from my room to the lobby when I got to BCV and after that many steps, I was at the entrance to Epcot. So at Kidani, I was FAR. If I could guarantee close to the lobby, maybe I'd stay there again....but honestly, only if I couldn't get Jambo (sorry, Kidani fans).

Kidani already had a point reallocation. We were involved in several rooms being changed from savanna view to standard view a few years ago.

:earsboy: Bill

Can you imagine trying to waitlist? If you need a studio, you'd have savanna-close, savanna-far, standard-close or standard-far and you can only pick 2 of those. Suddenly, the option to choose is a negative because you are forced to eliminate 50% of the potential studios from your pool of options. Or, if you only wanted savanna view, you would be forced to use both of your available waitlists for one resort and one reservation.

No I cannot image that point option for either Kidani nor Jambo House. Especially since a fair number of the rooms close to lobby are handicapped accessible on the main floor.

Doubtful, small potatoes in terms of issue for the membership as a whole or the owners at AKV. IMO the items on the chopping block are early Dec for Adventure in general, studios vs 1 BR along with the Poly studios. The other item is a swing back weekends being higher but not as high as before.

I wouldn't mind a "close to lobby" category, but no point differentiation, kind of like HH at OKW and boardwalk view at BWV. That would at least give the early booking member a chance to get a desirable location, without costing more. If they only included the first two "beads" on either end, it would leave quite a bit of resort to make waitlisting easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter