Kidani Village and BEES!!

Ariel8676

DIS Veteran
Wow the bees in the pool area and splash area are horrible. My daughter is allergic and needs an epi pen...we couldn't even enjoy a day at the pool, it was very upsetting. oh well things could be worse, we had a great trip besides that :)

The bees are out in force at all pool and outside soft drink areas, not just Kidani.

:earsboy: Bill

Omg is this a seasonal thing I wonder?!? We were just there is June and there was not a bee to me found! I was all prepared too with bug spray too b/c I heard about the bees being bad

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. We spent the first two weeks of August at Kidani and there were bees everywhere. So I'm glad it wasn't just us!!! I was stung twice, DW was stung once. No big deal really other than the annoyance. They were particularly in abundance at Kidani's pool.

We trek down to WDW about 4-5 times a year. I've NEVER seen bees like this. Yeah, I've seen them at the BC soda dispenses by Hurricane Hannah's, but never in the abundance around the entire pool area like Kidani.

When we told some CM's, they shrugged it off. One of them told us that there is so much "open land" around the resort that there are many beehives.

We also encountered bees around the bus stop and the savannah. Our deck had so many bees flying around, no one wanted to go out!!!!

The Kidanni bees are an ongoing summer problem. The abundance of available land makes sense as to why. We did a split stay two years ago and had major bee issues at Kidanni. I didn't see anyone stung the whole time but it made me uncomfortable.
Hope anyone going soon has a bee-fee vacation.

We were at Jambo about two weeks ago, same issue. My husband was stung on the forearm, it was very red and swollen. The nurse at the Epcot first aid station advised us to go to Centracare. We saw bees everywhere, had a split stay at BLT, pool area had them also.

I'm at sitting at kidani village pool bar (Maji) right now. There are definitely bees around but it's not excessive to the point that you can't enjoy the pool or the bar.

DW and I will be at both Kidani and BCV in a few weeks. We will be sure to heavly self medicate at the Pool 'First Aid' Stations (ergo - pool bars). :drinking1

They are at all the Disney pools just not Kidani, so changing a resort will not help. Its summer they are out, lots of sticky sweet soft drinks around.

On another site under the resorts forum somebody is lamenting about the bees @ Paddock pool (SSR) - so it does appears to be everywhere right now.

I'm at sitting at kidani village pool bar (Maji) right now. There are definitely bees around but it's not excessive to the point that you can't enjoy the pool or the bar.

See for us it was crazy... They were all over our stroller and in the splash area for the kids. Maybe we noticed more because i was stung twice and we had 2 kids with us that are allergic.

Ariel8676 said:
See for us it was crazy... They were all over our stroller and in the splash area for the kids. Maybe we noticed more because i was stung twice and we had 2 kids with us that are allergic.

Ugh that sux. It appeared to me that the farther away from Maji I was, the less I noticed the bees. I noticed them the most when sitting at the bar, attracted to all the smells.

Wow, I am so nervous.

We went to DW last Sept and had no problem with bees at any of the many pools we visited.

My son has autism and has had extreme fears of bugs and especially bees for 8 years now. There were two summers when it was impossible to get him to play outside in the summer time. He is 12 now and does go outside, thank god; but, if a bee or any bug flys near him he starts screaming LOUDLY and runs.

To make things worse, he uses the pool to calm his anxieties and help with sensory overload. We take frequent trips to the pool. If he ever got stung by a bee, I would never and I really mean never get him to go out side during the summer months. I doubt it but are there any sprays for bees? HELP

bocaj1431 said:
Wow, I am so nervous.

We went to DW last Sept and had no problem with bees at any of the many pools we visited.

My son has autism and has had extreme fears of bugs and especially bees for 8 years now. There were two summers when it was impossible to get him to play outside in the summer time. He is 12 now and does go outside, thank god; but, if a bee or any bug flys near him he starts screaming LOUDLY and runs.

To make things worse, he uses the pool to calm his anxieties and help with sensory overload. We take frequent trips to the pool. If he ever got stung by a bee, I would never and I really mean never get him to go out side during the summer months. I doubt it but are there any sprays for bees? HELP

Others maybe have different experiences, but at the Kidani pool, I honestly have not noticed any bees when actually swimming in the pool. Try and set up camp as far away from the pool bar as possible.

Bees were a problem at the Kidani pool when we were there are few years ago too. Not sure why they haven't been able to figure out a solution yet.

We've never had a problem anywhere else with bees. Only at Kidani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter