Kidani Medicare trip

Discussion in 'DVC Trip Reports' started by jekjones1558, May 13, 2012.

1. jekjones1558

jekjones1558 Always happy at Disney

I remember this trip report! I am too heavy and clumsy to try the zero gravity but I hope that I can do the parasailing without motion sickness issues.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cj9200

cj9200 DIS Dad #412

I would bet you won't get motion sickness unless it is on the boat on the way out there. Waters are going to be pretty calm so I don't think that would happen. I'm sure I beat you on the clumsiness quotient and I was able to do fly on top of a jet engine and not severely injure myself.

4. bdoleary

bdoleary Mouseketeer

Great trip report - beautiful pictures - thanks for sharing.

5. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

Loved reading this TR!

Can you tell me what separates the Kidani HA Villas from the regular ones? Do they still have the tubs? Our big factor is the height of the toilet, we have some things in our OL to help with this.

6. jekjones1558

jekjones1558 Always happy at Disney

The higher toilet is what DH needs and the HA unit I looked at had it. We had a HA unit at OKW that did NOT have it, so I don't know if all HA units at Kidani have them or not. It also had a jetted tub (they are not the big jacuzzi style). Here are photos:

Toilet:
    [​IMG]

Roll-in shower:
    [​IMG]

Jetted tub:
    [​IMG]

Master bed:
    [​IMG]

Living room with sleeper chair and still enough space to maneuver a scooter:
    [​IMG]

Kitchen with lower stove, sink and microwave:
    [​IMG]

Frig with freezer drawer on the bottom:
    [​IMG]

Large entry with outlet to plug in scooter:
    [​IMG]

I didn't take photos of the second bathroom (sorry). I didn't want to take too much of the CM's time and I was mostly interested in the HA features.

7. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

Thanks for the pictures. The toilet is definitely raised, but it looks like the bed is lower. So it's sort of a catch 22. The kitchen doesn't matter because I am the one who does the cooking. We keep some HA aids in our OL so we might just stick with the regular villas.

I appreciate you posting the pictures!

8. MarlaSingersLaundry

MarlaSingersLaundry Mouseketeer

Happy belated birthday, Jean. Solo trip, what a wonderful present! Thank you for sharing your trip and photos! Makes me miss Kidani, my favorite property so far. We are planning on the Wild Africa Trek in October. I'm very excited after reading your report.