• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kidani 2-bedroom: room recommendations

fflmaster

DIS Veteran
So my family will be staying in a 2-bedroom SV in June.

What would those who have stayed before recommend for room reservations?

Also would you eat at Sanaa or boma if only did one?

:) Boma for breakfast. Sanaa just had too many different spices for us. Never stayed in a 2 bedroom. I would ask for "close to lobby" before I asked for a certain view. The hallways are extremely long at Kidani and you will want to be close to the lobby and could give two toots about animals after a long day in the park. JMHO--we love Kidani and returned from a visit the first of the month.

We traveled with my parents. Dh and I had a SV studio and Mom and Dad had a SV studio. Ours was the first bead and Sunset, Theirs was the sixth bead and smaller savanna. The walk was lonnnggg--and I requested close to lobby for each. They would have been just as happy close to lobby. it is hard to see animals after dark and easier to go to the Library or Community Hall or Giftshop if you are closer.

I would only request close to lobby and eat breakfast at Boma.

Request "close to lobby." That puts you on Sunset Savanna, the largest savanna which has giraffes, gives excellent views, and puts you close to restaurant, store, pool, community hall, and bus stop. You may also consider requesting "lower floor" to give you a more direct sight line to animals but make sure close to lobby is top request.

The risk at Kadani is getting room far from lobby and walk from lobby to end rooms on the wings is the longest walk down an internal hallway that exists in any hotel in the world (and by world I mean the earth not just WDW).

Personal view is that Sanaa is one of the best table service restaurants in WDW. Boma is decent buffet but, on another personal view, since they started giving free dining as part of Disney vacation packages, it has gone from being probably the best buffet on site to good but not great because it has gone cheap on a number of the dishes.

Ask to stay near the pool. You'll be glad you did. If you are driving your own car, you'll never go near the lobby more then once or twice. The parking is great b/c it is covered and you never have to walk far since your car in under the hotel. Yes the pool is kinda near the lobby, but it is shorter to take the elevator down to the garage level and walk across to it. From the lobby you need to go out the main entrance and along the front side of the hotel to get to it.
As for what floor to stay on, logic leads you to think that a higher floor would be best. However I disagree. I've stayed in a 2br and studio at Kidani. Ask to be on the 2nd floor. If your higher, the tree line just gets in your line of sight and you can't see across the savannah. Besides, wouldn't you rather be down closer to the animals?

As other have said, close to the lobby and lobby level, if possible.

We went to Sanaa in October for the first time, and it was fantastic! There are quite a few spicy offerings, but the Tandoori chicken is quite mild for those who don't like spice. Boma is very good, as well, but the atmosphere is a little loud and chaotic. Sanaa is a quieter and more intimate. Plus, Sanaa offers views of the savanna.

Boma is excellent - something for everyone.

this trip we will also try Sanaa, as the reviews are very good.

New to the boards (Hi all) but we were just at Kidani in mid-October and have to say the halls are long as reported! A cast member told my husband it is 1/2 a mile from the lobby to the ends, so if you aren't driving and don't really love lots of walking worth a request to be closer to the lobby! We are big walkers but at the end of the day it did seem to take forever to get to the room, and boy was it annoying if we forgot something and didn't realize it until the bus stop! If you are driving there are elevators up from the under building parking all along the halls, so wouldn't be too bad, probably better than other DVC hotels! Side savannas can be a bit disappointing, so if you want to see the giraffes and zebras from your room be sure to request the main one, we had lots of "DLCs" (deer like creatures) but really nothing else. Didn't bother us but we have stayed at AKL quite a bit so have had the "cooler" animals before! Sanaa is one of our favorites, great food and wonderful views of the savanna. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter