• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kid underwear

ehlander

Mouseketeer
we are going at the end of August, and I was curious if any other families got non-cotton underwear for their girls? If yes, where did you find it? Ours are 7 and 8. Thanks!

Wouldn't cotton be better - cause it breathe more, making it more comfy for girls (and causing less bacterial growth?) and it's bleachable, and able to wash in hot water if messed up?

Of course, I've got a 4yr old boy, but my mom is a nurse-midwife, and she's always advised cotton.

Normally I agree, but when you sweat the cotton doesn't dry as quickly as wicking materials. I found underwear for me, but this brand doesn't make kid sizes. So was curious what others have done.

I would not suggest anything but cotton underwear. Cotton is a breathable fabric and will help precent uti's.

I opened this thread thinking that there couldn't be anything to discuss on kids undies besides which character to get. I had to know what was important enough for its own post and now I know.

My little girl is just getting to underwear and I had no clue there were options beyond My Little Pony and Disney characters.

Oh yea! We got Superheros mostly Wonder Woman. Super girl. Batgirl.
We got hello kitty! Lala loospsy. We usually buy at target and Walmart. And always cotton. Doctor said most breathable. They change panties after night shower and before school.

FWIW, my DD never wears actual undies at theme parks in hot weather. She wears the sports shorts or skirts with the built-in panty, all wicking, and much less to pack.

Also FWIW, cotton tighty-whities for the guys are banned when I'm doing the packing. They are thick and don't dry when they get wet in the parks, and they take up a ridiculous amount of space in luggage. They tend to wear swim shorts with the mesh liners in the parks, but any actual underwear that comes along on travel is the wicking kind.

Cotton underwear is great for normal wear, but when you are constantly walking around in wet underclothing, it causes chafing, and the omnipresent moisture causes bacteria to multiply. Wicking is best for theme parks.

The moisture-wicking ones from target still have cotton crotches--so the rest of the garment quick dries and the area that matters still has all the benefits of cotton. My DD also goes commando most of the time when she wears shorts or skirts with built-in shorts. Less fabric down there to trap moisture and promote bacteria/yeast growth. But she's a skinny minnie so even bicycle shorts are loose on her. The kid hates anything tight in her nether region.

Wow....undies have come a long way since my DD's were little.
I will have to look into these wicking ones as I am starting to plan our Granddaughters first visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter