Keys to the Kingdom Tour

This sounds great. I want to book this for my DD's HS graduation trip. Do tours book at 180 or 90 days? Anybody know?

This was such an amazing tour. Our tour guide in July was awesome and it was much more emotional than I thought it would be. When we came to the end of the tour, she introduced two people that were on our tour as her parents! It was her last tour ever (after 7 years of working at WDW) and her parents were there to take her back to colorado that night. Not a dry eye in the house after that, I'll tell you...

Great to hear!! I have booked this tour for my and DH on October 11th. Can't wait!!

We did the KTTK tour in March 2015 and loved it! I want to take my boys when they're 16. We had lunch at CHH - have they switched to Tomorrowland Terrace? This is the first time I'm seeing that reported.

Haven't read all comments but YES, it is now at Tomorrowland Terrance. We did the tour last month and our guide said it was just changed 2 weeks ago (from that time)

On the official Disney site it says $79-$99, so I guess we just fall into the $99 window.

I guess price is based on time of year?

Guys, just so you all know- I just got off the phone with a CM trying to book a tour for November 1st.
Their prices have gone up AGAIN and starting October 2nd, the tour will cost $105!!! :( Yikes!
They didn't have anything available on the dates I wanted so I didn't book but I'd hesitate to book anyway with that price....
:crazy2:

I have a question to anybody who has been on it. I have never been on the tour, but Im curious as to how much info I would learn about that would be new to me. I am a Disney freak and i have read many books about secrets and whatnot. Is there info that someone like myself wouldn't necessarily know about already? I am not claiming to be a know-it-all, but I feel like I do know a fair share just from these boards. Trying to decide whether its worth it for a 5 hour block of park time and (unknown to me) info/facts.

I have a question to anybody who has been on it. I have never been on the tour, but Im curious as to how much info I would learn about that would be new to me. I am a Disney freak and i have read many books about secrets and whatnot. Is there info that someone like myself wouldn't necessarily know about already? I am not claiming to be a know-it-all, but I feel like I do know a fair share just from these boards. Trying to decide whether its worth it for a 5 hour block of park time and (unknown to me) info/facts.

There were a few tidbits that I haven't heard at one time or another. However, there were a number of things that I heard on the tour that I appreciated more, or finally understood, when someone is pointing it out in real time. For example, images of a few Disney "legends" that are incorporated into the Haunted Mansion. A number of things were pointed out during the Jungle Cruise I had a vague recollection of but will always stick with me now.

Have you been backstage before?

I think if you are a huge Disney fan, this tour is a "must do". I cannot recommend it highly enough.

The only thing backstage that I have ever done is when they divert foot traffic behind Min Street during heavy crowds. Lol. I am fully intrigued, and I definitely want to try it some day, just gauging its actual value.

DW is afraid it will spoil the magic. She does not want to see behind the scenes, whereas I peek behind everything I can. And I don't want her to be alone while I take the tour, so I've not done it yet. But one of these trips......

Tell us everything you know, then maybe we can advise. :P

Seriously though, I think any Disney "freak" would be interested in the backstage access and info given on this tour.

Guys, just so you all know- I just got off the phone with a CM trying to book a tour for November 1st.
Their prices have gone up AGAIN and starting October 2nd, the tour will cost $105!!! :( Yikes!
They didn't have anything available on the dates I wanted so I didn't book but I'd hesitate to book anyway with that price....

it was probably $105 when I booked it for October 4th, but I didn't even realize because of the Disney Visa discount

That stinks. Maybe it's priced for the expected demand? In May, I booked my tour for $82, and then got a 15% AP discount, for Sunday, Sept. 18th.

it was probably $105 when I booked it for October 4th, but I didn't even realize because of the Disney Visa discount

That stinks. Maybe it's priced for the expected demand? In May, I booked my tour for $82, and then got a 15% AP discount, for Sunday, Sept. 18th.

Since I live overseas (even though I'm an American citizen) I won't be opening an American bank account any time soon and so no Disney Visa :sad2:
An AP wouldn't make sense for me either.... So no discounts. I'd have to shell out $105 for this tour. Now I'm wondering how bad I really want it. (I'll be doing MNSSHP, Club Villain, Cali Grill brunch and some other expensive stuff on this trip. Not to mention how much my flights are costing.) Bye bye money :scared:

(But so worth it of course :rolleyes: )

Oh, no!!!!! But I don't WANT to pay $105 less the Disney Visa discount!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter