• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keys to the Kingdom tour - which attractions?

GSLand

Mouseketeer
We are scheduled for the Keys to the Kingdom tour on the third day of our next WDW visit. However we were thinking of visiting the MK on our first day because 1) we are arriving at WDW late morning and 2) Touring Plans shows that day as a very low attendance (0.5) day.
To make the most of the MK afternoon we would like to skip on the first day any attractions (rides) that we will be visiting on the tour.
So ... the question is which attractions do we visit on the "keys" tour?

Thanks for your advice:yay:

We are doing this same tour for the second time on our November trip. It has been many years, I think it was 1995 the last time, but we may have only done Pirates of the Caribbean. If it's anything like the last time, you'll do several different things including go to the utiladors. We really loved the tour, that's why we decided to do it again and we thought now was a good time. Enjoy..

My mom and I are doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour for the first time in October when we are there for MNSSHP. I have heard that you go on Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion and the Jungle Cruise. I'm not making any guarantees here, though! :goodvibes
I'm so excited to see the Utilidors!

We went on the KTTK tour this past May. Mathew was our tour guide (although his name tag said Phil) and he was very enjoyable. The only attraction we jumped the line for was HM.

I went on the KTTK tour in March this past year and it was great. Our guide, Scott, took us in Pirates and Haunted Mansion.

I asked him about the tour and whether the tour changes depending on who gives it. He said it definitely does. He was a CM at both Pirates and HM in his career and has a keen interest in the history of attractions so he likes to focus on those. There are certain things they must do, but they do get a good amount of freedom to mold the tour to their interests.

We took the tour last month....we did Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. We were also able to squeeze in Pirates...our guide told us we would be allowed to do it as a group if the lines weren't overly long..which they weren't. The thing that I found to be interesting was that when we did Haunted Mansion, we went through the regular line, with all the other guests. It was a bit chaotic. The first time I did the tour, we used the handicapped entrance and didn't get into the line. We also didn't get to do the 'shrinking room' but that wasn't a big deal for me.

We went on Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise when we did the tour last year. We didn't use the regular lines for either ride.

My DH and I did it back in 2005, which has been awhile. We went on Jungle Cruise, Pirates and Haunted Mansion. They also took us thru the utilidors and behind the scenes to see some of the floats in the parades. Very cool tour.

My DH and I did it back in 2005, which has been awhile. We went on Jungle Cruise, Pirates and Haunted Mansion. They also took us thru the utilidors and behind the scenes to see some of the floats in the parades. Very cool tour.

I would like to book this tour when we go for a few days pre cruise in July.
When you go on the attraction(s), is it just a ride or are they giving you "inside" information? Thanks.

I would like to book this tour when we go for a few days pre cruise in July.
When you go on the attraction(s), is it just a ride or are they giving you "inside" information? Thanks.

We didn't have to wait in line. They brought us right up to the front of the line and we got on a boat/ride as a group. Back when we did it, they gave us headphones to wear and we could here our cm/guide giving us "inside" information. That way passerbys could not hear her telling us information.She did this throughout the park and the rides. Very interesting things she pointed out on a lot of the details of the park and the rides. Now when I ride them or look around the park, I remember all the details she gave us about them.
All together, it was very :thumbsup2 I want to do it again. Totally worth the price and time.

In Dec. of '08 we did Pirates, Jungle Cruise ("I love disco!":banana:) and Haunted Mansion...we also saw the parade floats, the back side of Splash Mountain and the utilidors. We loved the tour and would do it again - our tour guide Meghan was great....

We went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour this past May. We went in the exit for POtC, and in a special entrance to HM. We also went in the exit to get right on Jungle Cruise. We saw many other tour groups going around at the same time and I got the impression that they all went on those three rides.

We passed the other tours at Jungle Cruise and Pirates. HM was right after lunch since it was right across from the Liberty Tree Tavern.

i've done the tour twice and both times we did haunted mansion and the jungle cruise. it's a great tour!

It is not always consistent. Sometimes it is Pirates, sometimes Haunted Mansion, sometimes Jungle Cruise - and sometimes it is more than one ride and other times it is all rides. It really depends on how many questions are asked in your group.

We had a lady with us in December that asked question after question after question...and you could tell she had been reading books and knew the answers, she just wanted to be the most knowledgeable one in the group. Even the Tour Guide was getting aggravated with her. LOL

I just got back from the World and we took the tour on Sunday... we did the Jungle Cruise (skipped line)...and our tour guide had the mic...so instead of the Jungle Cruise skipper talking, she talked. And she told us a list of things to look for in The Haunted Mansion, then we rode the ride... and we got to skip the line by going in the chicken out door... but we did get to go through the stretching room...

It was amazing - you'll love it!

I just got back from the World and we took the tour on Sunday... we did the Jungle Cruise (skipped line)...and our tour guide had the mic...so instead of the Jungle Cruise skipper talking, she talked. And she told us a list of things to look for in The Haunted Mansion, then we rode the ride... and we got to skip the line by going in the chicken out door... but we did get to go through the stretching room...

It was amazing - you'll love it!

Exactly the way our tour was, a week ago today. We had Matthew as our guide though. We did walk by Pirates and he talked about several elements in there, but we did not go in.

Here's a tip: if you're on the 9:00 or 9:30 tour, and you arrive to the park a little earlier than necessary, go ahead and check in. You may end up on an earlier tour and also helping someone out. We were scheduled on the 9:00, got to park around 8:10 (EMH day, so it was open) checked in around 8:25 or 8:30. We were still in the vicinity of the office when they came out and said hey, we have two people missing from the 8:30, why don't you go on the 8:30 and we'll bump them to the 9:00. Worked out great for all of us I would guess, giving the missing folks a little more time to turn up for their otherwise non-refundable tour! (And saving us from killing another 1/2 hour on Main Street, hehe.) Even if nothing like that happens, it won't hurt to have checked in, and you can still go get a cinnamon roll or whatever you might want to do on Main St until tour time.

All that said, you might want to still go on Jungle Cruise or Haunted Mansion earlier in your trip anyway. When you ride them during the tour, it will be after revealing some of the secrets. (Funny, even just today I ran across a supposed "secrets" page that incorrectly describes what is happening in the stretching room at Haunted Mansion.) And Jungle Cruise you will not have the standard narration from the skipper. You may want to hear that again before you ride on it with the tour guide (or not; we hadn't been on it this trip, and it didn't lessen the experience).

Definitely make sure you have seen various parts of Main St, Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Square and Fantasyland on your current trip before going on the tour. Tour does not really touch on Tomorrowland. :(

It definitely was a highlight of the trip, would recommend, and would take it again sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter