• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keys to the Kingdom tour review

Annette- I'm resurrecting this old thread because I want to hear more about your KTTK tour experience from this weekend. So did you go SOLO, or did you have other DISers join you on the tour?

Hey, Dave!

I really enjoyed the tour. I was so torn about whether to do the tour or go to the MMM. I really wanted to do both. Unfortunately, I can't split myself in two, so I had to choose. I decided that since I'd be seeing the podcast crew that evening, I'd do the tour.

I was doing the 9am tour. I checked Steve Soares' site to see what time MK opened that day and he had listed that MK was the AM EMH park that day. I figured I'd check out the MK opening ceremony since I'd never done it before. So, I got to the MK a few minutes before 8. Turns out, his info was wrong & the park didn't open until 9. So, I spent 8-9 walking around an empty Main Street, taking pictures. About quarter to 9, I checked in and then hung out by the garden. At 9, I watched the crowds rush in. A minute or two later, our tour guide (Stephen) came out and rounded us up.

We were a group of 19. One other lady was solo, the rest were all groups of 2-3. We all got along OK, though.

Our tour guide was a former Jungle Cruise skipper, so he did the talking while we did that ride - you could tell he was having fun reliving the old days.

My favorite part was seeing the Spectro floats in the warehouse. That is my favorite parade, so seeing the floats about brought me to tears. As we were walking out of the warehouse, they started testing the daytime parade float music...boy is it loud when you hear it backstage! :laughing:

I learned a few things, heard many things I already knew... It was a really fun time. I'm glad I went ahead and did it - even if it meant missing quality time with the Pod Squad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter