• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keys to the Kingdom tour review

Annette_VA

DIS Veteran
Mouse Skywalker -

Thanks SO MUCH for the KTTK tour review!! :thanks:

I am doing this tour in December and now I'm just all the more excited about it! :cool1: :yay: :cool1:

Like you, this is a rare solo trip for me so this is a very unique opportunity for me to do the tour. If I had to wait for my boys to be old enough to do it with me, I'd be waiting 11 years :scared1:

Are any other Pod Squaders doing the KTTK tour during Mousefest?

Mouse Skywalker -

I am doing this tour in December and now I'm now just all the more excited about it! :cool1: :yay: :cool1:

Like you, this is a rare solo trip for me so this is a very unique opportunity for me to do the tour. If I had to wait for my boys to be old enough to do it with me, I'd be waiting 11 years :scared1:

I'm thinking about doing it during Mousefest, but not 100% sure yet. I'm in the same boat as you. This is a solo trip and DD is only 8.

I'm thinking about doing it during Mousefest, but not 100% sure yet. I'm in the same boat as you. This is a solo trip and DD is only 8.

Aaron -

I called & booked mine a few days ago. When I called, there was only 1 slot left in each of the tours on Sat Dec 13. So, if you're thinking of doing KTTK that day, you should call ASAP.

Aaron -

I called & booked mine a few days ago. When I called, there was only 1 slot left in each of the tours on Sat Dec 13. So, if you're thinking of doing KTTK that day, you should call ASAP.

Thanks Annette...That day may not be the best for me since the Mega Meet is from 10:00 until 1:00. As I understand it the tour lasts 4 to 5 hours.

I'm thinking about it for December, too, but Mom is 73 and Kevin and John's warnings about a lot of walking have me thinking she might wear out. We are renting a scooter, but wouldn't help her on KTTK. :confused3

We too just came back from the keys to the kingdom tour this past Sunday with david it was really interesting. I am 47 years old in good health but I do have to admit i was a little tired my feet hurt thank goodness it wasn't really hot because i would think i would have felt worse. The only thing we didn't see from the podcast caller was pirates of the carribbean david skipped that for some reason. we thought it was a good value tour for the money and if you have a disney visa when booking they take off 20% which helps out too!!

I'm thinking about it for December, too, but Mom is 73 and Kevin and John's warnings about a lot of walking have me thinking she might wear out. We are renting a scooter, but wouldn't help her on KTTK. :confused3

Is she fairly mobile outside of WDW Jason? The scooter will certainly help on the walking portion of the tour. Can she get in and out of the JC boat or Doom Buggy on HM? That may be the challenging part of KTTK tour. By all means if she can do it, go for it. KTTK is my favorite tour of all those that I've done.

Is she fairly mobile outside of WDW Jason? The scooter will certainly help on the walking portion of the tour. Can she get in and out of the JC boat or Doom Buggy on HM? That may be the challenging part of KTTK tour. By all means if she can do it, go for it. KTTK is my favorite tour of all those that I've done.

She's just getting back to full mobility and her endurance isn't likely much; I thought I remembered someone on the podcast saying or implying that one needed to be able to hoof it sans assistance for this tour, but I could be mistaken. Off to search the excel log... ;) I hate asking stuff they've already answered... If she is allowed to take the scooter, then no problemo! :thumbsup2

She's just getting back to full mobility and her endurance isn't likely much; I thought I remembered someone on the podcast saying or implying that one needed to be able to hoof it sans assistance for this tour, but I could be mistaken. Off to search the excel log... ;) I hate asking stuff they've already answered... If she is allowed to take the scooter, then no problemo! :thumbsup2

I would be very surprised if she was not permitted to use a scooter. We did Backstage Safari last year with someone needing a scooter. The van they drove us in was capable of transporting it. It took a few minutes more to loas/unload, but it was no issue for the CM leading the tour.

Mouse Skywalker -

I am doing this tour in December and now I'm just all the more excited about it! :cool1: :yay: :cool1:

I'm debating it. This is my first solo trip, and I'll only be there 3 days. I'm thinking this will not be my last solo trip, so I think I'll wait until next time.

Glad to hear you did end up being able to go! :)

We did KTTK this past July and the tour was AWESOME! Loved it (review in my still not yet complete trip report - link in my sig). We didn't get the POTC portion that was described. Devan was our tour guide and she did an outstanding job. It is long and a lot of walking, but most people do a lot of walking when they tour the parks anyway. We had a lot of breaks where Devan took advantage of seating areas and shaded areas - a must in the July heat. AP holders get a discount as well.

Mouse Skywalker,
What a great job you did......I really enjoyed it. I think DH and I may try to fit it in during our stay after the podcast cruise.
Thanks again!!!

OK, I just listened to the show...

Bill and Ted?!? Keanu Reeves?!? Couldn't my voice at least have reminded Julie of Sean Penn (admittedly, it would have to be the Fast Times at Ridgemont High Sean Penn)? Couldn't I have reminded her of Crush from Nemo?

I have to say I've gotten the surfer dude comment about my voice before, and I hear it too in my recorded voice. I never liked the way my voice sounded recorded, but everyone says that's what it sounds like. Uuugh, I always think I sound like a big dork, and hate hearing my recorded voice.

I think I must have hit a "slow record" button when I taped the segment after lunch. Or maybe they did slip me a valium to get me to stop asking questions.

Oh well, maybe I should stick to e-mails...

Seriously, the tour was great, but I have to agree with Kevin and John. I wish they would have done the tunnels in the beginning. I was getting pretty tired by the time we got to the tunnels, and there's nowhere to sit down there. It would have been nice to have the rides at the end. That's when I would have really liked the sitting break. I'll never look at that leg hanging down in POTC the same way again.

That was a great review Mouse Skywalker. Thanks for calling it in.

I'm trying to get the MIL to take FIL on the tour. I'm going to have them listen to your review. It made me want to do the tour! I'm sure when FIL hears it, he'll want to go. He likes Valium. J/k

That was a great review Mouse Skywalker. Thanks for calling it in.

I'm trying to get the MIL to take FIL on the tour. I'm going to have them listen to your review. It made me want to do the tour! I'm sure when FIL hears it, he'll want to go. He likes Valium. J/k
Oh thanks, that made me feel good. I'm glad it was helpful.

Annette- I'm resurrecting this old thread because I want to hear more about your KTTK tour experience from this weekend. So did you go SOLO, or did you have other DISers join you on the tour?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter