Keys To The Kingdom Tour Questions

jphilhower

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about doing this on our trip next year. But I've got a few questions about it. Is it worth the money? What do you see? What time does it start and how do you book it?
Thanks

I have never taken the tour, but we do have it scheduled for our upcoming trip. I have heard only great things about it! From my understanding you do see "behind the scenes" including the utilidors, you also ride HM, JC, and POC. Lunch is also included at CHH. Tours begin at 8:30, 9:00, and 9:30. You can call 407-WDW-TOUR to book. There is some more info here as well...

http://allearsnet.com/btp/tours.htm#kk

Very much worth the money, plus they provide you with a nice lunch.
I also loved UnDiscovered Futureworld and Around The World On A Segway.
Oh, and don't forget to ask about any discounts that you might be entitled to, such as, AAA, AP, DVC or Disney Visa.

I went on it back in 2000 and loved it. It was a lot of fun seeing backstage.

Lunch is also included at CHH.

I hate to sound dumb but what is CHH? Back when I went on the tour lunch was at the Liberty Tree Tavern.

I went on it back in 2000 and loved it. It was a lot of fun seeing backstage.

I hate to sound dumb but what is CHH? Back when I went on the tour lunch was at the Liberty Tree Tavern.

Columbia Harbor House, right?

It's a roughly 5 hour walking tour that gives you some of the details behind MK. I've taken it twice and had a great time both times!! The first time I took it we rode POTC, JC and HM and also went down into the utilidors and backstage where the parade is prepped. We ate at CHH, which is where they present you with your KTTK pin. The second time we rode JC and HM and went down into the utilidors. We also ate at CHH and got pins on that one. It does take a lot of walking, but you do get to work in several breaks. If you book with a Disney Visa you can save 20% off the regular price.

I booked KTTK for my upcoming trip in September & by using the Disney Visa card, I only paid $48 for the tour which was a definate break from the regular price. Totally looking forward to it as well.

From pinpics.com

pin2879

Are you allowed to order anything on the CHH menu. I love their tuna salad sandwich. We are booked for the tour in October and I am really looking forward to it.

What are peoples views on taking kids on this tour?

Would it ruin any of the magic for them - for example do you see characters wandering around with half their costumes on.

I would love to do it but can't convince my other half in case any of the above happens.

Pegasus

Would it ruin any of the magic for them - for example do you see characters wandering around with half their costumes on.

I would love to do it but can't convince my other half in case any of the above happens.

Pegasus

Kids aren't allowed on the tour, you have to be at least 16 years old. Even if there wasn't an age requirement I wouldn't take a child as it would ruin the magic for them. When I went it made the magic more real for me as I enjoy knowing how things work but for many kids it would ruin the magic.

You might see characters with half their costumes on as you are backstage a decent bit on the tour.

We just took the KTTK tour in April and it was the highlight of our trip! Well, worth the money IMHO. If you are into Disney trivia and seeing the backstage areas you will love it. Our TG was Matthew who has been doing the tour for years and he was fabulous! You could tell he really loves his job.

Are you allowed to order anything on the CHH menu. I love their tuna salad sandwich. We are booked for the tour in October and I am really looking forward to it.

No, they have a choice of 3 or 4 meals. Unfortunately, I don't remember the choices. I know that fish & chips is one of them because that is what I ordered. I also think that there was a salad. But I can't remember the detials.

Pegasus

As other people have posted, the age limit is 16. Also, when you are on the tour, the guides are very careful to make sure that there are no "little ears" around to hear the answers to any questions.

Now back to the OP's question, for me it was definitely worth the price. I took the tour last month and really loved it!

When we went in April the tuna sandwich was on the menu! :thumbsup2 That's what I had and it was delish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter