• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keys to the Kingdom Tour: just did this week. Highly recommend.

Sillyminny40

DIS Veteran
We loved it and had the best tour guide: Meghan. What a sweetheart!
She was Tom Cruise's family's concierge when they stayed at Cindy's castle suite.
Anyway, we did take th oath not to tell secrets but will tell you it was great!

We loved it and had the best tour guide: Meghan. What a sweetheart!
She was Tom Cruise's family's concierge when they stayed at Cindy's castle suite.
Anyway, we did take th oath not to tell secrets but will tell you it was great!

You're in Canada now,
and not subject to anything that you "oathed" in the USA. ;)

So, you're free to blab all the "secrets" you like. :thumbsup2

We're waiting!!

Great to hear you highly recommend it. My DD and I are taking this tour on our next trip in 9 days:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
I have been wanting to do it for years, but it has never worked out.
We are almost there........:banana: :banana: :banana:

That kind of is upsetting...I don't know, I think the castle should still be won as a prize, not for 'special' people who are privileged because they're rich and famous. It was nice when people could only get it if they won it in YOAMD. But now they're letting people like Tom Cruise stay there just because of his money and fame. Good for Suri, but not really fair to anyone else because its not like they even offer everyone else the opportunity to book the suite there, but Tom Cruise gets to just because of who he is?:confused3 Giving it as a random prize seems so much better

Well Vicki, magic at Disney is not limited to just us ordinary people. Tom was very impressed to say the least. He said "Oh wow" to the cast member over and over. Mr. Cruise has brought a lot of joy and great acting to the masses for many years (yes and he does get pay for it) and I have no prob with that. We just do not know who gets this suite. In fact, we were told on the tour they really do not know how to share it with the world.

I think they should charge a high fee and that $ goes towards bringing children with medical/special needs to WDW.

Anyway, no debate intended on this thread. It was to point out that we find out things not shared with the masses. Most of all, this cm loves her job and loves Disney. I really want to just share how special the tour is and what info you get when you do this tour. We went behind the scenes where cast members go, went under MK in the tunnels (oh they ARE cool when you see them). You are treated like royal guests on this tour and get to go on rides immediately with tour guide talking into microphone and you hearing it on the incredible headsets tucked into your ear. I just LOVED watching the HERD of 1000s running down mainstreet to get to space mountain at 9 am. Also to see Main street USA EMPTY at 8:30 was incredible!
I am so happy I had very little idea of where and what we were going to learn. It is for the Disney fanatic only folks! Do not let anyone spoil it for you, so many surprises!
Company so much. My 16 yr old son wants to work there (LOL!)

DH wants to do this on during our May trip - how far in advance should you book? How long did it last? It sounds like there's a big advantage to booking the first tour (empty Main Street) - any disadvantages?

Thanks for sharing!

I want to do this when our kids get older.

(wonder if Tom jumped on Cindy's couch?) ;)

Very clever Summer about the couch! LOL.

Book NOW for May. In Feb we were able to get in two weeks before but the MK was empty.

When you go, you get there early and go in the line up for "character breakfasts" at entry. That is it! Easy!

DH wants to do this on during our May trip - how far in advance should you book? How long did it last? It sounds like there's a big advantage to booking the first tour (empty Main Street) - any disadvantages?

Thanks for sharing!

I booked ours out a few months before our trip. I knew we wanted the first tour time at 8:30. I wanted to still have the most time left in the day to do rides after the tour. I also love the empty MK pictures I will get. We got some a few years back when we did breakfast at the castle. They told me it will be 4 1/2-5 hours long. You also get lunch included in the price of the tour (lunch at Columbia Harbour House) and a special trading pin. They have a Disney Visa discount as well as a few others.

So what number do you call to reserve? Is it at 90 days out? Also, how do you go about getting the Disney Visa discount? TIA

And do you have to use a park day ticket to do this tour? I've always been interested but never looked into it too much. I'm sure there's tons of information out there about it, but what fun would that be when we can get it all right here:)

Can anybody let me know what the cost of this tour is? The Disney Visa Rewards gives you a 20% discount I believe on a fully priced tour.

I'm also curious about the cost of the tour since I'm thinking about taking it in late May.

I've also heard many people warn that this tour may spoil the magic. Without giving away secrets about the tour, just what does "spoil the magic" mean?

I believe that for booking the two of us we spent right at $100 with the Disney Visa discount. I just called 407 W Disney and booked the tour. You have to ask for the discount before they start booking it or they would have to start the process over (according to the CM I spoke with). You do have to have a park pass to take the tour.

So its around $100 for two people with the Disney Visa discount? Good to know for budgeting purposes. Thanks :)

We are planning on doing it on our disneymoon in June. We are going to book the 8:30 tour.

"Spoil the Magic" means you get to see behind the rides. It does kind of spoil it, because you will know what the backs of the decorated areas look like. However, it was VERY interesting, and you learn so much about Walt's dream and how Roy made it happen, that it adds more magic in my opinion. I'm doing the tour a second time this summer. It's $60 for 5 hours and you get lunch at Columbia Harbour House. You have to pay to get into the park also.

Thanks for that info. If all it does is show me the backs of the facades, then it isn't really "spoiling" any magic for me since I know the backs of the buildings are not decorated anyways and I saw them at Disneyland once on New Years Eve as the masses were exiting the park when it closed.

DH and I have decided that we'll take this tour on our December trip this year, and I'm very excited! And I've read nothing but good things about this tour in particular. Can't wait! Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter