Keys to the Kingdom/The trip of a lifetime!

WOW I am so happy to be reading this!!

We were just outside the trains station I guess when you guess were going around!!! It was very exciting seeing all the CM's and hearing all the cheering and now I get to read this awesome report!

I was fine until : "Cinderella told my daughter you look just like Belle......"

:sad1:

How beautiful!

And I agree that it is wonderful that the kids are old enough to enjoy, appreciate and remember every magical moment!

Thank you!

congrad.gif

Great report, and thanks for sharing!

Tammy!!!!!

I remember seeing you and your family on GMA. I cried for you!!! And just now, reading your report.

The SMILES on all your faces in EVERY picture just says it all!!!!!!!

Cogratulations to you and THANK YOU for sharing!!!!

What a beautiful story! It is so fitting that the winner of the sweepstakes be a DisBoard member! :goodvibes I am so happy for your family (and just a teensy bit jealous), and you seem like such wonderful people. I'm glad that the winners are good people instead of some ungrateful selfish people that would not even appreciate the experience. Congratulations to you and your family! :cheer2:

Well...time was running out!!! :hourglass
The big day was over and our trip of a lifetime was coming to an end. We still hadn't been to the Animal Kingdom, which is a park we love :love:
So the goal was to get all the things in that we wanted to...in the shortest amount of time! :teeth:
Joey arranged for us to get into the park before it opened, and to be the first ones on the safari. :cool1: As we walked toward the safari, I made everyone stop! It was like empty! I remembered how crowded it always was :crowded: and we were like the only ones there! :banana:

126701Empty_Marketplace-thumb.jpg

It was really awesome to just be there alone! It really is such a beautiful park and it was wonderful to be able to enjoy it with just my family. :goodvibes

Well, we get on the safari and our guide's name is Jack...

126701Tour_Guide_Jack-thumb.jpg

It was awesome to go on the safari when none of the other trucks were running. Jack was able to stop and linger, all the while sharing with us a wealth of knowledge. And because it was early, we saw many animals that we hadn't seen before...like the elusive warthog!!! A giraffe walked closer than I have ever seen! It was totally cool :cool1:

We get off the ride and head out...what happens next is pure "Joey" magic :wizard:...

I have to back up slightly to when we were waiting for Fantasmic! to start...

We were chatting and telling Joey a "Derick" story. When Derick was younger(about 4), he loved the Jungle Book. He absolutely loved King Louie. When the big song and dance number with Baloo came on, Derick would "zone out" He had the complete number memorized and he would dance and sing and just be completely enthralled with the whole thing that nothing else was seen or heard! So we were just sitting there strolling down memory lane and chuckling at the memory of him scratching his armpits and walking funny all the while singing, "Yoo-hoo-hoo, I wanna be like yoo-hoo-hoo!" and then the big "Take me home, Daddy!" at the end....HYSTERICALLY FUNNY!!! :rotfl2:

So anyway, we come walking out of the safari and start heading toward Asia...who comes walking out at just the right moment? Why, it's King Louie of course...

126701king_louie_2_-thumb.jpg

That's right...a big ol' hug from my 13 year old! :goodvibes
He thought that was so cool!

Well, we gather up for a family pic and guess who pops up from behind?

126701King_Louie_and_Baloo_2_-thumb.jpg

Why, it's Baloo, of course! :goodvibes

How fun is that?!!! It was just pure, spontaneous (for us anyway) FUN!!!

We head over to Expedition Everest...a first for all of us. What a blast! We all loved that ride!

We get over to the Lion King show...that's a no miss show for us! We have front row seats in the Warthog section. Ray gets to be the warthog...funny! :rotfl: That is probably my favorite show...you can see it every time you are there and it's just as good! :thumbsup2

We get all the "have to's" in..."It's Tough to be a Bug", Expedition Everest (again), Dinosaur...we're in Dinoland and here comes one of my favorites from when I was a kid...

126701Chip_and_Dale_2_-thumb.jpg

I just love them guys...they crack me up! :happytv:

I was hoping that "Nemo" was open...but that's OK...I'll catch it next time ;)

We finished with AK faster than I thought possible, but with Joey in the lead...we did it! :thumbsup2

That was great...because I really wanted to end our time on Main St. in the Magic Kingdom! Besides, I still hadn't found that keepsake that I was looking for! :rolleyes:

Thank you so much for sharing you wonderful experience with us all!! I watched the video of your family on Main Street....again this morning...and cried like I do every time I see the expressions on your faces when you are surrounded by all those magical people!!

Thank you, again!!!

Trish

thanks again for another magical installment!! I will check back quite often for your next one!!! :goodvibes

One of the ways that Disney really accommodated us was by giving us the latest flight out of Orlando. On our departure day, our flight didn't leave until evening-so that we could have as much time as possible at Disney :banana:
I really wanted to spend the last little bit of time at the Magic Kingdom. It's always hard for me to leave and I knew that this time was going to be rough! :sad1:
My goal was to find something unique and special that would always remind me of this experience. Up until this point, I hadn't had much luck...
When we get to the MK, Joey has a couple of places that he thinks we should go and look for a keepsake. We go into the first shop and I look around and I just don't find anything that makes me think..."That's it!!!"
We try another shop and nothing there either...Now mind you, there are many things that were beautiful and nice to look at, but nothing that just screamed, "I'm it!!!"
Finally, we get to the crystal shop...it's called Arribas...
I look in all the glass cabinets and while I find a lot there that I love...I was looking for something unique that was just for me. The kids and DH were occupied by the guy making glass creations, so I had plenty of time to look and think. :thumbsup2

Finally, Joey comes over and says, "What about a picture frame?" I say, "Show me." We walk over and there are these really pretty glass frames that have Mickey and the castle etched into them with the words "Magic Kingdom"....HMMM :rolleyes: I'm thinking...
Joey suggests that we have something personal etched onto it that would make it a unique keepsake...
DH, who is listening at this point, starts giving suggestions...
OK...I'm liking it...
So we begin tossing around some phrases...
We come up with a personal message with our name and the date...
The guy that etches isn't there at the moment, so we go to lunch and come back...
As we return, he is just finishing up...
We are chitchatting with him, and Joey asks if he was there on Wednesday. He replies, "Yes, I etched your glass slipper"
Oh, Wow!!! :cloud9:
That made it perfect!!!
The really cool thing was as the lady was getting ready to ring it up, she begins to count words to price the etching. The guy steps over and asks, "We aren't charging her for the etching are we?" She replies, "Well, yeah"...He states, "No, we aren't..." He looks at me and says, "We want to do our part to make your trip special!"
AMAZING!!! These vendors are not Disney employees...so this isn't a Disney store and he didn't have to do that! It was so kind and thoughtful. It really touched me! :goodvibes
It really was the perfect keepsake and it is something that I will treasure forever!
Unfortunately, time has run out! It's time to go and pick up the luggage, say our goodbyes, and head to the airport.
As I look down Main St. that one last time, I try to capture it all...until next time, I think to myself as that tear runs down my cheek. DS puts an arm around me and says, "It's OK, mom..." I know...but it's so hard to leave. My husband takes my hand and we walk out trying to process everything that's happened...

We get back to the resort, retrieve our luggage, say goodbye to Joey and Christi (Disney contact), and climb into the limo...I know it's silly, but I wave as we leave and start to cry.
We spend our time in the airport looking at the press and clips from the past week. As we touch down, just before midnight, in Cleveland...DS looks at me and says, "Well, it's official. We're pumpkins again!" :)

minnierocks said:
One of the ways that Disney really accommodated us was by giving us the latest flight out of Orlando. On our departure day, our flight didn't leave until evening-so that we could have as much time as possible at Disney :banana:
We get back to the resort, retrieve our luggage, say goodbye to Joey and Christi (Disney contact), and climb into the limo...I know it's silly, but I wave as we leave and start to cry.
We spend our time in the airport looking at the press and clips from the past week. As we touch down, just before midnight, in Cleveland...DS looks at me and says, "Well, it's official. We're pumpkins again!" :)

OK< So how long/ how many days were you in disney?

What a sweet yet sad ending to your wonderful trip! How lucky you and your family were to have been blessed with this trip and the memories of a lifetime - Congratulations again!!

Fantastic report. Any comments about how you were all treated the next day at work or school?

minnierocks said:
"Well, it's official. We're pumpkins again!" :)

You will never be just pumpkins to us! Thank you so much for sharing your magical trip with the rest of us dreamers!

I just found your trip report today but I watched Good Morning America and saw your family in MK that lovely morning. It is awesome that your doing a trip report to share with all of us. Your vacation sounds magical! :)

A beautiful ending to a magical trip! Thank you again and again for sharing it all with us.

minnierocks said:
...I know it's silly, but I wave as we leave and start to cry.

It is most definately NOT silly. If it is, then there are thousands of us SILLY people out there. I cry from excitement when I land in Orlando on my way to my most magical place, then I cry from special feelings during all of the fireworks shows, and sometimes for no apparant reason, and then I cry when I leave because I know how much I will miss WDW when I am back in reality. Welcome to the club of blubberers.

KarlaG4Kids said:
It is most definately NOT silly. If it is, then there are thousands of us SILLY people out there. I cry from excitement when I land in Orlando on my way to my most magical place, then I cry from special feelings during all of the fireworks shows, and sometimes for no apparant reason, and then I cry when I leave because I know how much I will miss WDW when I am back in reality. Welcome to the club of blubberers.

Thanks!!! :goodvibes

and climb into the limo...I know it's silly, but I wave as we leave and start to cry.

Not silly at all I am sitting here crying just thinking about your leaving.
I am sure it was the most wonderful trip and I thank you for sharing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter