Keys to the Kingdom and AAA. Clarification needed!

nerak2780

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

Wasn't sure if I should post here or on the Budget Board.

My family and I are planning a trip to the World in October and we are starting to think about the extra things we want to do this trip. The Keys to the Kingdom Tour is definitely on our list.

My question is about discounts. I know there is a Disney VISA discount but we don't have one of those cards. I know you can get a AAA discount but only if you have a diamond card. The only way to get a diamond card is to book your vacation package with Disney, correct? I just wanted to check because all of the information I was reading seemed either outdated and/or confusing.

We're booking through magicforless (we've booked through them before, love them!) and we don't have DVC or AP so we can't use that discount either.

Thanks everyone!

I'm not an expert on this, but I'll venture a response. I believe you can book an AAA discount directly through WDW, and you can also book it through AAA obviously. My understanding of the diamond card is that it is something given out by AAA if you book a Disney vacation through them that gives you access to special theme park parking lot spaces that are very close to the park entrance. There may be other perks to the diamond card, too - I'm not sure about that. But you don't have to have a diamond card in order to book through AAA, since you can only get the card after you book with them. Some on these boards have said that they were able to get the diamond card just by asking their AAA office for it, and others have said they could only get it after booking a Disney vacation with AAA. I'm not sure if you're aware of the website www.mousesavers.com. That site lists every available discount for Disney World and does talk about AAA discounts. Perhaps it will help you. Given that you're going in October, there may very well be discount codes available to the general public for your vacation dates. The mousesavers site can also show you when these codes have been available in past years, so you can see if it's likely they would be available for your vacation.

Jaysmom-Thanks for the information and for all the suggestions.

I've already booked the trip so I'm ok in that area. Using a pincode at the moment for a small room discount but crossing fingers for a free dining extension.

I'm just really looking to see if the AAA Keys to the Kingdom discount is ONLY for people who have booked through AAA and thus have the diamond card. I have a AAA membership but I have not booked the trip through them and thus, no diamond card. :sad1:

I've already booked the trip so I'm ok in that area. Using a pincode at the moment for a small room discount but crossing fingers for a free dining extension.

I'm just really looking to see if the AAA Keys to the Kingdom discount is ONLY for people who have booked through AAA and thus have the diamond card. I have a AAA membership but I have not booked the trip through them and thus, no diamond card. :sad1:

I haven't done that tour, but I have done Behind the Seeds and just pulled out my AAA membership card and got the discount. It was easy & no big deal. So I'm assuming all tours would be the same. We never book our trips with them.

Nerak2780, sorry I misunderstood your question. I must have been reading-comprehension-challenged that day, as it's perfectly clear to me now! We have taken the Keys to the Kingdom tour, and we did the same thing that Estherhead described - just used our AAA card for the discount without having booked the trip through AAA. So you should have no problem with that. Have a great trip!

Nope. You just need to be a AAA member. For some tours, it may be accepted on any tour. But for the KTTK tour, the discount is available only for certain tour times and only a certain number of slots. So book in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter