Keys on Dream

TestingH2O

DIS Veteran
Did I read correctly that the key cards on Dream can just be waved at the sensor? Do they have to be removed from a pouch/coin purse?

Did I read correctly that the key cards on Dream can just be waved at the sensor? Do they have to be removed from a pouch/coin purse?

You can wave them ( I was on Fantasy but the same) in the lanyard you didn't need to get it out, I didn't keep in a purse or wallet as you do not need it on the ship.

You just hold the card up to the reader. No need to take it out of your lanyard pocket. Not sure if it would work through a coin purse, maybe.

dream_1_34.jpg

You will need it out to put in the slot to turn the lights on inside the stateroom (unless you are using another card for that).

It can be kept in the lanyard at all times except when you need lights on in your cabin and when they need to swipe it when you get off/on at ports.

At times yes, such as when you enter your room to turn on the lights. Shutters photographers still doe not have RFID readers and hence require a scan of the mag stripe of the card.

Do they provide you with a lanyard or are you required to bring your own?

Only Castaway Club members (return cruises) get lanyards. DCL members typically get a lanyard as well. You can purchase one however.

Currently the Wonder is the only ship that requires the card to slide in. The stateroom doors on the Magic were changed to RFID (like the Dream and Fantasy - shown above) during the reimagineering.

If you are not a Castaway Club member, DVC members can get a lanyard from the DVC CM in Port Canaveral's Terminal. Your names should be on the list of DVC members for the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter